Menu

Late to the game - ISO a good live, online Algebra II class!

I am so late to the game but I am in search of an online, live Algebra II class for my rising sophomore this fall.  I'm going to check out Blue Tent, Wilson Hill, Kolbe Academy, and Live Online Math.  I am looking for secular, honors if possible with solid preparation for future SAT/ACT testing.  I'd love to hear any thumbs up or thumbs down, if you have any experiences with any of the above! Or, if you know of a quality program that I am not aware of, please share.  

Thanks much!

Maryann

Wilson Hill is not secular, but if a prayer at the beginning of class is ok, you should be fine. Math is math. They use Dolciani texts for Algebra. Eric Reini is fabulous teacher, though his sections are likely full. My Dd has had three math courses at WHA, all excellent. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

Wilson Hill is not secular, but if a prayer at the beginning of class is ok, you should be fine. Math is math. They use Dolciani texts for Algebra. Eric Reini is fabulous teacher, though his sections are likely full. My Dd has had three math courses at WHA, all excellent. 

I agree with everything she said about Wilson Hill. Leslie Smith is also very good, if she is an option at WHA. 

Ashley Porter at Blue Tent is great if she’s an option. Similar level of rigor to WHA. DD did Alg 1, Geometry, Alg 2, & AP Stats at WHA, and Pre-Calc & AP Calc AB at Blue Tent. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RootAnn said:

Leslie Smith left WHA a year ago & teaches at a college now.

It has been too long since I had a kid who wanted to do live classes for me to know the latest good ones. Sorry. But, good luck, @macmom28! Tough to find a spot in an good class this late in the year!!

I feel very lucky to get her into a live class that works with all of our other classes (have to juggle the 'net and who is on at any one time!)

• Like 2