Menu

IEW - Writing Research Papers

I’m going to be working through IEW’s Writing Research Papers with my high schoolers this year. The beginner level uses pre-chosen articles on Social Media for the first “research” paper. Am I missing something regarding finding these articles? Are they all together somewhere? They don’t seem to all be in the book. Only a few. Or am I just supposed to find them all online. Not a big deal, I guess, but if I’m missing an easier way I’d love to avoid the extra work. 

I think you're supposed to find them on your own online and provide them for the students for the beginner level. I found it confusing too, and we ended up just picking our own topic and researching it instead of trying to find the articles that were suggested.

On 8/5/2021 at 3:55 PM, Momto6inIN said:

I think you're supposed to find them on your own online and provide them for the students for the beginner level. I found it confusing too, and we ended up just picking our own topic and researching it instead of trying to find the articles that were suggested.

Thanks. I like the looks of it overall and I think the step by step instructions will be helpful. It’s just not laid out as clearly as the other IEW materials we’ve used. Maybe I’ll choose a new topic too. The suggested articles are pretty dated at this point anyway. 

• Like 1