Katy

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Terabith said:

F2F2AA83-8017-4DBF-9F45-0B13155560F3.jpeg

We have a nephew with twin daughters. He once posted a photo of one daughter's math homework when they were in second grade. The teacher wrote "Solve the problem and explain how you reached your answer". She got the correct answer and wrote "I use (sic) my brain". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

33 minutes ago, SusanC said:

I'm tryyyying. 😖😶🫤🥶🥹

I hear ya! It's really hard when the snow is accompanied by temps of -20. 

It's way easier to find joy in spring snow with sunshine! When the snow is going to be gone really soon. 😄

Edited by wintermom
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, frogger said:

If you choose not to find joy in slush over ice, you will have less joy in your life but still the same amount of slush over ice. 

Sorry, it's not working. 🤣 

Signed,

Mourning my loss of snow in January. 😭

Finding any kind of joy with slush is challenging. Ice should be reserved for outdoor skating rinks only. Cars don't need to skate. 😉

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lady Florida. said:

We have a nephew with twin daughters. He once posted a photo of one daughter's math homework when they were in second grade. The teacher wrote "Solve the problem and explain how you reached your answer". She got the correct answer and wrote "I use (sic) my brain". 

Cat had a math homework assignment once that was "Name the polygons."  She named them things like Bob and Sam.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

3 hours ago, Lady Florida. said:

DD11 was struggling with her math the other day (fractions) and at one point while looking at her work I said, 'how did you get 120?"

She said, and I quote, "math". 

I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or smack her, lol. (I laughed)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Katy said:

My friend who (re?)posted it loves tictok, so probably.

ETA: there’s a whole Delish article on it subtitled “How did we never think of this?”

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a33405728/tiktok-mcdonalds-ice-cream-float/

😂

The article is wrong! A "black cow" is a float with chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla! Kids these days!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Katy said:

AA33C1C2-72E5-4343-BE2B-A5B177B4FC9A.jpeg

I once gave students an assignment to think of a product that someone should invent, and make an advertisement.

One group of students wrote all about environmentally friendly reusable Kleenex made of cloth that you could carry in your pocket.  

Yes, they proposed handkerchiefs as a brand new, never been heard of, invention.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 34

10 hours ago, Baseballandhockey said:

I once gave students an assignment to think of a product that someone should invent, and make an advertisement.

One group of students wrote all about environmentally friendly reusable Kleenex made of cloth that you could carry in your pocket.  

Yes, they proposed handkerchiefs as a brand new, never been heard of, invention.  

And washable diapers. . . . 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2