• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Terabith said:

48939126-D713-450E-BBB5-1A91BC4E3009.jpeg

LOL.

We were talking about running the popular Christmas DVD's at the library through our mongo cleaning machine the other day prior to their checking out season. We were trying to list the ones that we knew would be checked out - The Grinch (in all its iterations), Home Alone, Elf, etc. and we both turned to each other at the same time and said "Oh, yeah, Die Hard!"

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, SusanC said:

Screenshot_20211120-195152.png

My son did that one holiday season.  He loved it.  People are very happy to see the UPS delivery guy.

16 hours ago, SusanC said:

Screenshot_20211120-200150.png

One of the best mexican food trucks in the area is in a corner of a HD parking lot.  They even set up some outdoor tables.  It was really good - but a bit spicy for me.  (I don't handle muy picante at all.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gardenmom5 said:

IMay be an image of text that says 'My kids asked me what it was like growing up in the 80S.....so I took their phones away & turned the internet off'

I would also take away the remote controls.  They can get up to walk across the room to turn on the TV, change the volume, or change the channel.  and live through commercials . . .

Or just send them outside and tell them not to come back until the street lights turn on. (That’s what my MIL did for DH, lol.)

• Like 2

May be an image of text that says 'KIDS TODAY WANT THOUSAND DOLLAR CELL PHONES.. WE JUST WANTED THIS TACKY MESS!'

I actually wanted this one to put in my family room.  (I was the parent in the 80s . . . ) yeah, I have a landline (two actually), and can easily afford it now - but all the phones have intercoms to call room to room, and this would be all by itself.

See the source image

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, historically accurate said:

Meant to post this yesterday, but I didn't feel good so I forgot. It's Tuesday, but still applies:

May be an image of text that says 'Just remember: it might be Monday but it's a short week that ends with pie and shopping. We can do this.'

we did the shopping on saturday.  Who'da thunk going to multiple furniture/mattress stores to lay down on mattresses would be so tiring . . . kinda makes you want to take a nap . . . 

(we did *finally*!!! order one.  we've looked a few other times without ordering anything.)

• Like 1