Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

14 hours ago, Terabith said:

IMG_3581.jpeg

That does sound like a fun mystery, but the author will want to do a bit more research before writing this book. Bees can't produce honey from oleander flowers because they don't produce nectar. Too bad though, it does sound like a fun plot.

• Like 3

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Terabith said:

IMG_3585.jpeg

Lol this is quite timely for me. My job is helping pharmacies that are converting from a DOS system to a windows one. They had to stop the Windows roll out , due to all the problems. The DOS system is actually easier to use!!!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Tap said:

Lol this is quite timely for me. My job is helping pharmacies that are converting from a DOS system to a windows one. They had to stop the Windows roll out , due to all the problems. The DOS system is actually easier to use!!!

DOS was great!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tap said:

Ahem. I am this old...

Screenshot_20230810_173357_Samsung Internet.jpg

ETA: And this was the Point-of-Sale system I was trained on...
image.png.8a3c24b96c59eb53b5da034abe6d010d.png

Edited by Matryoshka
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, kbutton said:

Did you also hand out Green stamps?

😅  I think I just missed those - I do remember them from when I was a kid, but I think they were fading by the time I hit high school and the giant register for which you definitely had to count back change because it wasn't going to tell you anything but the sales total...

• Like 4

11 hours ago, kbutton said:

Did you also hand out Green stamps?

I remember helping my mom put stamps in the books. It was so much fun to look at the catalog and decide (wish) to save enough stamps for something. She collected both green stamps and plaid stamps. IIRCC, plaid stamps were from A&P.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

I remember helping my mom put stamps in the books. It was so much fun to look at the catalog and decide (wish) to save enough stamps for something. She collected both green stamps and plaid stamps. IIRCC, plaid stamps were from A&P.

I’ve never heard of plaid stamps!

We had a green stamp store nearby, but I remember going only once or twice. When I googled, it looks like there is some version of them still going on electronically, but I didn’t linger to see how it works.

My silverware set is from Betty Crocker points. 

• Like 1