Menu

Anybody else disappointed.....

to learn that their child is not nearly as excited as they are about looking at all the new, shiny back-to-school displays of pens, pencils, notebooks and other stationary stuff? My dd and I stopped by the really big Walmart, which had a huge section of back to school stuff and so many different colors and sizes of notebooks and folders and see-though highlighters and just amazing things, and she was not moved at all. Like she just wanted to go home. Sigh.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, knitgrl said:

to learn that their child is not nearly as excited as they are about looking at all the new, shiny back-to-school displays of pens, pencils, notebooks and other stationary stuff? My dd and I stopped by the really big Walmart, which had a huge section of back to school stuff and so many different colors and sizes of notebooks and folders and see-though highlighters and just amazing things, and she was not moved at all. Like she just wanted to go home. Sigh.

LOL

It's your homeschool lady friends you need to fangirl over this stuff with.  Freshly sharpened pencils *with* erasers. Sigh.....

(the only time as a kid I think I was interested in school supplies was the year I got a TrapperKeeper --which broke after 2 months or something!)

• Like 5

Oh my gosh, yes! And I have attached a visual aid. 🤣

I had a day like that last year with all my kids, including my only DD, who used to like pretty notebooks. They haven't been into it in years. I go gaga over pretty notebooks and pens and binders and pretty clips and matching clipboards and... And, ohmygosh, my DD is an actual ARTIST, so why doesn't she get excited about pens and things anymore?! Because she has all the ones she needs, and when they run dry, she replaces them. Yawn. LOL And everyone now just wants black. Black notebooks, binders, everything. Just plain black. 

So last year I bought the cutest set of kitty notebooks (we are a house of kitty lovers), and no one wanted one. None of them, even the meowmaid one. Y'all, it is a mermaid kitten, and no one wants this notebook? I ended up using it for reconciling accounts all year and when the paper was all used up, I cut out the meowmaid as a decoration for the kitty-bed cupboard next to my desk. Finally, someone else can appreciate the meowmaid with me. 😛

meowmaid.JPG

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Alte Veste Academy said:

Oh my gosh, yes! And I have attached a visual aid. 🤣

I had a day like that last year with all my kids, including my only DD, who used to like pretty notebooks. They haven't been into it in years. I go gaga over pretty notebooks and pens and binders and pretty clips and matching clipboards and... And, ohmygosh, my DD is an actual ARTIST, so why doesn't she get excited about pens and things anymore?! Because she has all the ones she needs, and when they run dry, she replaces them. Yawn. LOL And everyone now just wants black. Black notebooks, binders, everything. Just plain black. 

So last year I bought the cutest set of kitty notebooks (we are a house of kitty lovers), and no one wanted one. None of them, even the meowmaid one. Y'all, it is a mermaid kitten, and no one wants this notebook? I ended up using it for reconciling accounts all year and when the paper was all used up, I cut out the meowmaid as a decoration for the kitty-bed cupboard next to my desk. Finally, someone else can appreciate the meowmaid with me. 😛

meowmaid.JPG

We have a cute kitty notebook that my son picked out and then ignored. It's SO cute, and I have nothing to put in it! 

Solidarity!

• Like 3