Menu

Anyone listening to The Rise and Fall of Mars Hill?

I've never been this kind of Christian but the hyper-masculine Christianity feels familiar. This poison obviously had a broad impact. You often hear in Orthodox Christianity claim how "masculine" it is. That always made me feel icky. 

ETA I'm on episode 4 so I'm not to the episode about women that got so much attention in the last few days. I'm struck by how Driscoll hectored men to be more responsible. I've heard the same thing in churches I've attended. It always bothered me but didn't know why since everyone else thought it was great. It sounds like it's not patriarchal if men are always under pressure to do better. But it is patriarchal. 

Edited by Ordinary Shoes
  • Like 1

I’m interested but haven’t listened yet. I was always Very, VERY leery of Driscoll. I’m not sure it is a good use of my time. I’m sure it’s a good and needed documentary. I just think that my current circumstances dictate that I shouldn’t listen right now. 

I’m grateful that it’s getting an audience.   Whatever it takes to build up, edify, sanctify the true church.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, popmom said:

I’m interested but haven’t listened yet. I was always Very, VERY leery of Driscoll. I’m not sure it is a good use of my time. I’m sure it’s a good and needed documentary. I just think that my current circumstances dictate that I shouldn’t listen right now. 

I’m grateful that it’s getting an audience.   Whatever it takes to build up, edify, sanctify the true church.

You are so wise to know what you can deal with right now and avoiding the things that aren’t for you.

• Like 1