Menu

Anyone Tackling Saturday?

ScoutTN

Slow morning here. Nice and relaxed. Kids are still asleep. Dishwasher is running.

Today:

AHG budget, registration, and prospective members.  

Register Dd with umbrella school  

Work at church briefly  

Set up a laptop for my mom to watch a memorial service in Zoom.  

Buy cream! I detest regular milk in coffee.  

Pool with friends tonight. = No cooking dinner!  

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

DH took DS to meet for High Adventure. He’s headed to Colorado and we’ll see him in 10 days

Had coffee and a game. 
Teaching DD to polyurethane. 
Take girls to work @ 1 and @ 4. 
Clean, organize, school plan. 

I think we’re renting Jungle Cruise tonight and watching it outside on the big screen. ♥️ Popcorn for all. 

• Like 5

Oooh, let me know what you think of Jungle Cruise. We're waffling between yes/no on it. It seems mildly cheesy, but maybe that's a good thing these days.

My day today includes:
....coffee
...food
...start working on The Master List for school prep
...go to the big HEB and see if they have the cutting mats I need for class
....look online at Ikea to see about our barstools -- PSA: if you are planning to go, check online for in-stock availability. So.much.unavailable.  
...church tonight -- last Saturday service for the year 😞 
...probably a million things I'm forgetting

Happy Saturday! 

• Like 5

Dd on her way home for good mahahah! She's back to being our child again! Yay!!

Dd and I taking car to vet for yearly update on her shots. Should be fun. Not 😔 She cries 😢

Lots of other stuff. Just woke up after not sleeping good. Don't y'all just love early menopause...

Happy Saturday!

• Like 4

Good morning everyone!! Today's plan:

More coffee

Figure out something for lunch and dinner-done

Work in bedroom-done

Laundry-done

Work in kitchen-done

Clean the bathrooms-done

Go work at school? I need to, but I have so much to do here, and really, the things I would do at school can actually wait until Monday-didn't

Work on Science lesson plans here

Whatever else gets done!!

Edited by math teacher
update
  • Like 5

Finished sorting school supplies, restocking, ditching broken crayons, etc. 

Finished repacking my "leave at school" bag -- need to buy the cutting mats/placemats I'm lacking, and 1 more cookie tray (somehow my 12th tray disappeared), otherwise I'm all packed and ready, with some room to spare

Finished all of the paperwork stuff -- attendance sheets, grade record sheets, payment sheets, etc.

From my Master List, all that's left now is fix up my binder, and 1st day of school stuff. Feels a bit surreal. 

We're headed to church, will stop at the "far" HEB on the way home and get the mats, I'll label/pack those. Dinner "out" (pick something up most likely), then home to veg out.....TV? Movie? Not sure. The boys may want to video game as the download last night didn't finish, or something like that. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TheReader said:

Oooh, let me know what you think of Jungle Cruise. We're waffling between yes/no on it. It seems mildly cheesy, but maybe that's a good thing these days.

Happy Saturday! 

I will. I feel a little ridiculous paying $30 for it, but 🤷🏼‍♀️ Ice read good things so far and frankly, we’rea little sick of not going to the theater and we like Dwayne Johnson. 

Sorted three little girls’ clothing - toss, donate, and pack away. Broke out fall clothes! Three done, one to go, and the teens can do their own season switch!

House clean (enough) and we’re grilling hotdogs and eating chips and roasting marshmallows tonight - zero health consciousness. 

DH is finishing laying flooring in the hall. It was done once but damaged when we put in the 36” bedroom door. It’s looking good, he’s close to done, and ingredients for Moscow mules are chilling....

DD will pick up other DD from work and the campfire has been lit. 

Bring on the movie!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BlsdMama said:

I will. I feel a little ridiculous paying $30 for it, but 🤷🏼‍♀️ Ice read good things so far and frankly, we’rea little sick of not going to the theater and we like Dwayne Johnson. 

Sorted three little girls’ clothing - toss, donate, and pack away. Broke out fall clothes! Three done, one to go, and the teens can do their own season switch!

House clean (enough) and we’re grilling hotdogs and eating chips and roasting marshmallows tonight - zero health consciousness. 

DH is finishing laying flooring in the hall. It was done once but damaged when we put in the 36” bedroom door. It’s looking good, he’s close to done, and ingredients for Moscow mules are chilling....

DD will pick up other DD from work and the campfire has been lit. 

Bring on the movie!

We always say the $30 at home is much cheaper than taking us all to the theater, so I say, go for it! Enjoy!!  And the hot dogs, chips, and Moscow mules sounds perfectly delicious. 

• Like 2

Home from church; middle DS didn't want to eat out, so we picked up taco fixings to make at home. I *did* manage to find the cutting mats/placemats for my class (yay!!) and will label them now. 

Not sure yet what we'll do for after dinner...there are swimming finals on, so maybe watch that, maybe not; the kids aren't as into Olympic stuff as we are, so maybe pick something everyone wants to do/will enjoy. We shall see. 

• Like 2

Hi, everyone! 

@BlsdMama, I hope you like it. We may go see it in the theater tomorrow. 

We got to Wheaton late yesterday afternoon. We’re staying with friends who have lived here for about 3 years. 

We took the train into Chicago and walked around downtown. We went to the art museum, the cultural center, and Burghoff’s, a restaurant that’s been there since 1932. 

• Like 4

I've been tackling like crazy, as have dh and ds, bless them. Those awesome boys have moved furniture, weeded gardens, finished repairing the screened porch, and even swept out the garage. I have been steadily decluttering and organizing for a couple months. This week I tackled BOOKS. So many books. At one point most of them were more or less organized, but let's just say entropy is powerful here. I have given some to friends, donated some, and reorganized what's left. I'm not quite done but there's not much left to do tomorrow or later this week.

• Like 4