Menu

Daily Movement - Friday, July 30

Jenny in Florida

Way overslept this morning, but decided to forge ahead with the morning routine, anyway. If necessary, I'll work late tonight to make up the time. (Husband is out this evening, anyway.)

I walked 3.5K and did 20 minutes with weights and resistance bands. 

Today will likely be another "just get the steps in" day, but I hope to get back out on the trail tomorrow or Sunday to complete the 2K bonus challenge for my current walking program and log more miles on my personal summer trail walk. If the weather cooperates, I hope to get to the pool at least once this weekend, also.

Summer Splash Challenge Update: 282.1 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 153 Days
West Orange Trail: 10.85 of 22 miles

Edited by Jenny in Florida
  • Like 3

I started to do the friday live DDPY Burn class but my anxiety was so high my heart rate was skyrocketing even during the warm up. When I was in the red just stretching, I called it quits. I was feeling shaky and dizzy as well, and realized the snack I'd gotten out for myself was still sitting there. It was 6pm and I'd had a little over 400 calories all day. Oops. Between that and the anxiety it wasn't happening. Got in 25 minutes and will do a 10 minute bedtime yoga or something later. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

I started to do the friday live DDPY Burn class but my anxiety was so high my heart rate was skyrocketing even during the warm up. When I was in the red just stretching, I called it quits. I was feeling shaky and dizzy as well, and realized the snack I'd gotten out for myself was still sitting there. It was 6pm and I'd had a little over 400 calories all day. Oops. Between that and the anxiety it wasn't happening. Got in 25 minutes and will do a 10 minute bedtime yoga or something later. 

25 minutes of exercise definitely counts, especially with low calories and anxiety. Pat yourself on the back for getting rolling despite having a rough day.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Harriet Vane said:

25 minutes of exercise definitely counts, especially with low calories and anxiety. Pat yourself on the back for getting rolling despite having a rough day.

Thanks. My goal is 30 minutes minimum, but this week that hasn't happened every day. DH is off work which messes with my routine, we had a main drain line clog so I couldn't wash dishes or laundry for a day, then son tested positive, then dryer broke, it has been one thing after another. 

But, one of the amazing DDPY community who deals with anxiety and PTSD made some suggestions, one of which was to get outside barefoot to ground myself. Tough guy - nearly 7 ft tall, muscular welder, and he's talking about grounding! Love it. Anyway, it was a brilliant suggestion as I hadn't been outside today, and I need outside time. I'm happiest barefoot and dirty. So I went out, plopped my behind on the ground, and pulled weeds (which I really enjoy) and listened to the cicadas and felt the breeze and watched the sky change colors as the sun set and MAN did that help. I used to pull weeds every evening this time of year, I need to go back to that! 

I'm also going to give myself a foot and leg massage with aromatherapy oil, pet my dog, and take a good dose of melatonin and go to bed out in the living room. DH is doing a virtual conference on Vegas time so I'm going to use that as an excuse to camp out on the sofa bed and hopefully get a good night's sleep. 

• Like 2