Menu

moderna for minors availability?

Murphy101

For numerous reasons, I’m sticking to the moderna or nothing at this point. Dh and I have had it and I’m happy with how well it’s holding up in the world as far as we can know to date. So I’m not quite eager to get my kids vaccinated yet, but I’d be a lot more reticent if I could get them this one. Not really looking to argue any of that.

But does anyone know info on how soon the FDA may approve and when the jabs might start being available to teens?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AbcdeDooDah said:

Well poop. We work with a lot of kids under 12  and my kids 12-18 are chomping at the bit to be a lot more social with their peers.  Oh well then. Looks like we will just keep in keeping on then for now. 

• Like 2

To the best of my knowledge and belief, as of today (31 July 2021) the only one that has an EUA in the USA for people younger than 18 is the Pfizer/BioNtech mRNA COVID-19 vaccine. I believe it is approved (EUA) for those 12 and over. The other vaccines are for those 18+

The Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine is very similar, but there is far more documentation about it.

I suspect Moderna is approximately 3 to 6 months behind Pfizer/BioNTech with regard to studies and documentation required for approvals in the USA.

Both vaccines are IMO extremely good.

Has anyone heard updated results from Moderna about their 12-27 yr old trials? They submitted preliminary results in early June. I wonder if they've had any breakthrough cases with Delra on the rise?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RootAnn said:

Has anyone heard updated results from Moderna about their 12-27 yr old trials? They submitted preliminary results in early June. I wonder if they've had any breakthrough cases with Delra on the rise?

I’m curious too!