Menu

Trigger warning... update on my chihuahua...

WildflowerMom

I've asked questions a couple times and gotten awesome help and advice from y'all regarding my chihuahua with end-stage congestive heart failure.   This afternoon I made the decision to put him to sleep.   It was time.   It was just me, him, and his vet and it was beautiful.   She and I told him we loved him and I got to rock him to sleep before the actual big shot.    afterward, she and I held each other and cried.  She's been his vet for several years and sees him at least monthly.   When they brought me his box, the tech said she was in the back crying her eyes out.   I'm so happy my baby had someone there besides me who loved him so much.     I knew it was time for him to go and dh did, as well.   (He could not be there at the vet, he's more emotional than me right now).  We buried him behind our fence so we can sit on the deck and be near him.    I swear we're all still feeling him here with us, even our remaining dog.    Anyway, I'm an emotional mess, but I'm so happy to have had so many years with him.    Thanks to y'all for being there when I had so many questions about his condition! 

25DE5D34-AE55-481F-8F47-89AA3ED03BA2.jpeg

• Sad 31

Oh I am heartbroken for you and your family.   Making the decision to let our furry babes go is just excruciating.  It truly is the hardest most loving decision we make.   Sending you so many hugs and so much love.   I fully believe we will see our pets again and that they are waiting for us.  That doesn't take away any of the hurt and pain but does bring me some comfort.

• Like 1

What a handsome boy. I am very partial to black Chi and Chi-mix boys and still miss mine. ❤️ 

I'm so glad his passing was peaceful and full of love. 

Deepest sympathy to you and your family. 

You will see him again!!! 

"...the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God." Romans 8:21

• Like 2

Thanks y’all.   We will absolutely see him again.   I had a vision/thought/not sure what to call it when we were in the room waiting on the vet.   It was of Heaven and  he was there with other dogs.    It kind of shocked me because it’s not anything I’ve ever imagined (that particular scene).    I won’t get into details but it was especially comforting especially for an animal lover!   Anyway, I’m trying not to cry too noticeably because of my beagle.   But that’s hard to do.    I just want him back, but well.   Anyway, much love to y’all.   Thanks for the hugs and kind words! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

What a beautiful story...  Honestly, the experience of having a pet helps me believe in a loving God.  There's really nothing else quite like it.   I too believe we'll all be together in the future life God has in store for us.   It can be gut-wrenching in the meantime though...