Menu

Simone Biles has withdrawn from the individual competition

Fritz

6 minutes ago, NewnameC said:

I remember hearing earlier this year that the NCAA now allows student athletes to make money, but I didn’t think about how that could ImpactOlympians until I saw this article.

https://sports.yahoo.com/compete-in-college-or-make-millions-in-endorsements-actually-suni-lee-can-now-have-it-all-202301192.html

She is positioned perfectly to take advantage of this!  Amazing for Suni!  ❤️  

While having these talks with my kids (about Simone), I found out my kid who did tumbling for years suffered from the twisties but didn't know it had a name or that it was a thing. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

We were involved in gymnastics for a long time and I've never heard it called the "twisties"! I have known lots of gymnasts who've had mental blocks, especially with backwards tumbling. One of the reasons gymnasts do so well in other sports when they leave gymnastics is because they have such good body awareness, so "getting lost" during a routine is a problem.

Everyone already knows that Simone is an amazing athlete, so I'm glad Suni got her big chance.

• Like 1

Simone posted a video of herself trying to do a bars dismount today. I'm so glad that Japan was able to get her into a gym with a pit so she could attempt these safely!

• Sad 4

Simone Biles addresses for 1st time whether Nassar abuse impacted Olympics performance (msn.com)

I loved this

Simone Biles Cried After Taylor Swift Narrated Her Story With "This Is Me Trying" (msn.com)

I am so glad that she got up and did the beam.   She handled the whole Olympics with such grace.  Glad that she was able to do it for herself.  

Simone Biles bounces back, wins bronze on balance beam (nbcnews.com)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1