Menu

How do I get my adult daughter to pay us back

TravelingChris

Hi all,

We are paying for almost all of the cruise to Hawaii that we will take with dd1 and dsil.  However, they are going to pay 1000 of the total price.  They want to pay that over time- probably 100 dollars each time and they want to do it through a system.  Is there some way to do that automatically?

4 minutes ago, TravelingChris said:

Hi all,

We are paying for almost all of the cruise to Hawaii that we will take with dd1 and dsil.  However, they are going to pay 1000 of the total price.  They want to pay that over time- probably 100 dollars each time and they want to do it through a system.  Is there some way to do that automatically?

In the UK you would set up a direct debit monthly - or whatever period - for ten iterations.  The money would transfer automatically on the chosen day. My brother is repaying a loan to my mother this way. Is there something similar? 

Eta from one bank account to the other.

Edited by Laura Corin

I use Zelle to pay for a flute lesson, it is the one our bank uses.  It’s very easy.  

I don’t know if it has automatic payments.  The teacher sends me a text each month.  The price changes depending on how many Fridays there are.  

Early in our marriage when we were paying DH's mom back for a car she helped him buy (his old car totalled out and not worth as much as the new car) We set up an automatic monthly payment from our account to hers so we didn;'t have to think about it, write and post a check, etc.

• Like 1