Menu

Keto people-I have a question about Bulletproof coffee

math teacher

I bought an immersion blender because I thought it might combine the oils and coffee, but I still have to use a spoon this morning to stir before every sip. Is this normal, or should I keep trying with the blender?

I am using 1 Tablespoon each of butter and MCT oil. Is there something else I need to add? Do you find it really curbs your hunger?

Thanks!!

Honestly, there is no benefit to using butter over heavy cream. Both are dairy fat. And cream is a hell of a lot easier. Can't speak to the MCT oil, but I find the butter thing kind of silly - butter is made from cream. Just use the cream. 

• Like 4

truly, bullet proof coffee is an internet fad that took off. There is also controversy as to if MCT oil is actually particularly good for you - it can actually upset people's stomach, etc. 

And it is a LOT of calories to drink, rather than eat. If it keeps you full and helps you curb your calories, fine..but there is really no magical benefit  to it. 

• Like 4

Echoing the others.  Keto since 2016 here, but no MCT oil here.  Nope nope-ity nope!  If it works for you, OP, and you enjoy it … great!  For me, heavy whipping cream in my coffee is perfect. I generally only limit my calories when actively trying to lose weight, though, and wow, I greatly prefer to chew those calories.  It’s my thing.  🤣 

Are you trying to stay full for longer in the am?