Menu

Disney sad

DawnM

5 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

I went to the Florida covid website, from department of health and looked for the "what to do if you are exposed" section. Y'all, it does NOT say to quarantine if exposed! It just says to watch for symptoms, and if you have two or more, get a test. 

Have you seen Alberta, Canada’s new guidelines? They’re saying that as well, but also that kids with a positive Covid test don’t have a stay home from school !! They basically seem to be taking an extreme let ‘er rip position.  Yikes. Talk about an experiment. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

4 minutes ago, KSera said:

Have you seen Alberta, Canada’s new guidelines? They’re saying that as well, but also that kids with a positive Covid test don’t have a stay home from school !! They basically seem to be taking an extreme let ‘er rip position.  Yikes. Talk about an experiment. 

not seeing that anywhere - link?

@ktgrok I made the mistake of reading some articles including one where DeSantis said he won't force kids to wear masks in schools because "we need our kids to breathe." I just can't even believe it sometimes. Shaking my head so hard right now.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

13 minutes ago, cintinative said:

@ktgrok I made the mistake of reading some articles including one where DeSantis said he won't force kids to wear masks in schools because "we need our kids to breathe." I just can't even believe it sometimes. Shaking my head so hard right now.  

There is a reason his name is so close to being "of Satan". 

But yeah, the irony of saying we shouldn't protect kids from a respiratory virus because they need to breathe is impressive. 

I don't know if there are any Angel fans on here, but I'm convinced Wolfram and Hart is real and DeSantis works for them. Rick Scott is also a villain from that universe, but more a Buffy character like the weird doctors from Whisper. 

I think what I'm saying is Florida is located on a Hell Mouth. 

Edited by ktgrok
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, sangtarah said:

The Walmart in the small town of Deland (about an hour away from Disney) just closed down do to soaring cases of COVID. 😣 That is where DH has to be next week. The hospitals there cancelled elective surgeries this past week, too. 

Oh no! I know people who live there 😞

11 hours ago, ktgrok said:

In can't make this up news, because our Governor won't do daily updates, and our department of health is only doing weekly numbers, our Secretary of agriculture is stepping up and doing her own daily Covid briefings. 

Countdown to the Florida Secretary of Agriculture getting fired in 5....4....3.....

• Like 1

Just now, Wheres Toto said:

Countdown to the Florida Secretary of Agriculture getting fired in 5....4....3.....

I'm almost positive it is  an elected position (but am tired so not 100 percent on anything right now). The governor already hates her. When they had meetings about Florida's reopening (too soon) all the cabinet members were invited EXCEPT Secretary of Agriculture. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ktgrok said:

I'm almost positive it is  an elected position (but am tired so not 100 percent on anything right now). The governor already hates her. When they had meetings about Florida's reopening (too soon) all the cabinet members were invited EXCEPT Secretary of Agriculture. 

Is that even legal? Sorry to get the thread so off track. I thought sunshine laws would prohibit them from excluding a member. ETA: I guess it means they can't exclude the public, so I was wrong?

Edited by cintinative