Menu

Topless in a mask is a new look

Danae

I had my somewhat delayed routine mammogram appointment today.  Medical clinics are still requiring masks and, well, yeah.  I felt very fashionable.  

(For a certain value of “fashionable” that is closer to “ridiculous.” But that probably had more to do with the poses required by the breast-smooshing robot than the mask.)

• Haha 16

See,  was hoping this was some kind of protest movement against the churches saying masks are evil because the human body is made in the image of God and therefore it is evil to cover the face (yes, some churches have said that). I keep waiting for nudists to show up at their services saying, "Oh, I can't wear clothing! I'm made in the image of God and it is wrong to cover that!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 15

It made me think of this news story from April:

Czech law enforcers issued a warning after officers were called out on March 27 in the small town of Lázně Bohdaneč, east of Prague, because of complaints about maskless naturists basking in warm weather. "Unfortunately, many of the sunbathing citizens were gathered in large groups, and some were not wearing face masks.," a police statement said. "Upon the arrival of the police, everyone agreed to respect the government regulation [that face shields are compulsory outside the home]. Citizens are allowed to be without clothes in designated locations, but they still must cover their mouths, and only gather in appropriate numbers."

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Corraleno said:

It made me think of this news story from April:

Czech law enforcers issued a warning after officers were called out on March 27 in the small town of Lázně Bohdaneč, east of Prague, because of complaints about maskless naturists basking in warm weather. "Unfortunately, many of the sunbathing citizens were gathered in large groups, and some were not wearing face masks.," a police statement said. "Upon the arrival of the police, everyone agreed to respect the government regulation [that face shields are compulsory outside the home]. Citizens are allowed to be without clothes in designated locations, but they still must cover their mouths, and only gather in appropriate numbers."

I didn't read the article so I don't know whether it mentions full or partial nudity, but why wouldn't the requirement include covering one's private parts for hygiene reasons?  I would think an uncovered *ahem* on men or women would likely allow one's germs to circulate and linger on a surface.  If one is ill with covid or a variant the infection isn't restricted to the nose and mouth area.  I am not a doctor nor do I play one on tv, but I would assume that any body part with fluids would carry bacteria and virus.