Menu

Daily Movement - Friday, July 23

Jenny in Florida

Running a little late starting the thread today, because I had a doctor's appointment early this morning. The good news (for those of us to whom such things matter) is that it's Friday.

These threads are for those who'd like accountability and encouragement in doing intentional daily movement. Anyone may join in at any time!

• Like 2

So, this is probably a dumb thing to be upset about, but I missed my step goal by 113 steps yesterday. I cut my evening walk a little short because my husband and I wanted to make sure we had time to watch the final two episodes of season 5 of The Expanse, so  I knew I was cutting the step goal thing close. I fully meant to do a couple of circuits around the living and dining room before bed, but then completely forgot. At a few minutes after midnight, when I was turning off the bedside lamp and about to try and force myself to sleep, I remembered.

Anyway, I walked 3.3K this morning and did about 20 minutes of legs and arms before I had to pull myself together and run out for a doctor's appointment. The skimpy step count this morning combined with rainy weather and a late start at work and an assignment for my class that needs to get polished and turned in this evening and the fact that our bonus young adult will likely need a ride to and/of from work this evening is going to make it tough to make my goal today, but I hate the idea of missing two days in a row. So we'll see what I can do.

Summer Splash Challenge Update: 241.3of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 146 Days
West Orange Trail: 7.75 of 22 miles

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

Finished a week of 4K each day on the rower. Nothing stellar, but at least I'm doing something. I will be traveling the next couple of weeks, so probably won't be on here much. Have a happy Friday and a good weekend, everybody!

A whole week of meeting your goal is absolutely stellar. Congrats! Hope the travelling goes smoothly.

• Like 2

Took care of weights and core yesterday, focusing lots on arms. Man, am I sore today. Learned a new stretch for upper back that felt lovely--will definitely do that one some more. 

Today I am pleased with myself. The weather is gorgeous, and I took advantage to take a good, long walk including actually breathing hard, lol. Awesome. Tomorrow I will do weights and core again as I missed Tuesday due to doctor appointments.

• Like 3