Menu

New Sam's Club Member

kbutton

I get their Sensodyne toothpaste 2-pks (way cheaper than Walmart), Bounty paper towels, their Member’s Mark (MM) canned chicken is good. Oh, and just this summer I tried a MM lightweight, super soft hoodie that I LOVE. I also regularly buy the 2-piece tankini swimsuit by Free Country. Those are WAY cheaper than buying online or other places that carry Free Country! I also get swim cover-ups there at a great price  

My mom likes their cheese slices (like Kraft American) and their brand of bacon. 

• Like 1

They have the best produce in the area except for Whole Foods (better than Costco here). It’s the only place I’ve never got food poisoning from their salads.  Frozen vegetables, huge orders of meat DH divides himself for the freezer.  

• Like 2

When we lived by one, we got:

flonase generic nasal spray

zyrtec generic allergy pills

diapers

paper towels

toilet paper

z2 pens

copier paper

canned chicken

beach gear

When we lived in the Midwest, the produce was awful. It was better in TX (but HEB was better). I will say that Sam’s saved our bacon in the prep pre-Harvey. They had batteries, fans, and all of the things we needed in stock more than anyplace else. Whoever does their hurricane prep has it nailed down!!

• Like 2

Oh yeah, we but over the counter medications there too.  And usually they have the best deal on my favorite Oil of Olay Regenerist night cream.  

Protein bars & shakes & powders are a good price there if you’re so inclined. 

They have a couple breads you should try - naan (good with hummus) and hoagie rolls.  Don’t overbuy unless you have freezer space, they don’t have preservatives and get moldy in a few days (at least at my house, which is humid & waterfront).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, melmichigan said:

The biggest thing is to understand local prices before you shop so you know if something is worth buying or if you can get a better deal elsewhere.  We get most of our supplies there and only shop Meijer delivery for specialty stuff.  

That is on our to-do list as we become familiar with what they have. Some things are really easy to figure out, and some things I need to re-price, especially as they are changing too much with Covid. I try to keep my stock up price/store in mind, and then from there, where I am willing to buy a little between stocking up sales. Covid has messed with all of that since I've done so much online pickup. 

We went to Sam's with my parents to identify if there were enough "use this all the time" things at a good price to at least justify the membership, but I'd like to do better than that over time. :-) I know the meat department at ours is not quite as good as theirs, and I'm trying to not be too disappointed about that. There are other locations reasonably near us to try as well--this one is nearest to our other errands.