Menu

I’m a new Costco member!

mmasc

5 hours ago, VickiMNE said:

I don't know how I forgot this!  We love having the precooked bacon.   I have to admit when I first saw that, I rolled my eyes.  BUT!  No frying!  No splatters!  No ruined shirts, dresses, aprons!  The slices last for weeks and weeks so there is always have a slice or two ready to go in a salad, top a potato, make BLT's, and more.  

Yes, it is more pricy per pound (however, we are back down to a household-size of two with all the kids gone which helps), but still....  I loved having it on hand for all the reasons mentioned above.

Oh, now I have to try the precooked kind!

This thread is evil! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I previously would buy the precooked bacon at Sam’s. It was Hormel I think. What brand is at Costco? I’ll look into that bc we liked the convenience occasionally!

And I definitely need to get some more of those pentel pencils for school. They really are good. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wilrunner said:

Most of what we like has already been mentioned. A couple things of not yet mentioned are their Christmas wrapping paper and cards and the frozen tilapia.

As someone else mentioned, if you see something you like, buy it. If you don't need it, you can easily return it, even without a receipt. But many items disappear Within a few days or a week and aren't restocked.

very easily.  I've returned unused clothing items more than a year later without issue.  the only things they are super strict about returning are electronics - especially big screens around superbowl time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mmasc said:

I previously would buy the precooked bacon at Sam’s. It was Hormel I think. What brand is at Costco? I’ll look into that bc we liked the convenience occasionally!

I'm pretty sure it was the Kirkland Brand....   (With Covid, we haven't been back to the States for two years, so I may be mis-remembering).  In any case, we were very satisfied with its tastiness as well as convenience. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mmasc said:

And I definitely need to get some more of those pentel pencils for school. They really are good. 

Costco bacon is Kirkland.  It comes in 3, 1 lb pkgs.  Very good quality.  Costco does carry a precooked, but not sure of the brand.

My boys like pot stickers, sometimes I'll buy the yakisoba 'meals'.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, klmama said:

They have a price limit on kids' glasses - that's through age 17 and (at least at our Costco) even with the more expensive frames.  

Very good to know! I’ve got a kid due for some new glasses soon. Thanks!

Not yet mentioned, and not exactly a Costco product, but we get our auto/home insurance through Costco--the company is now called "Connect powered by American Family Insurance. Every two years I re- price insurance, and it always has come out significantly cheaper using the Costco discount. It more than pays for the Costco membership. We have not had to make a claim, so I can't speak to how good the company is for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I buy all kinds of things there. Some of our favorites are the frozen wild blueberries, Sabatasso's Gluten Free Pizza, Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets, the Detroit style pepperoni pizza (brand?), Kirkland brand tortilla chips, roast beef (for sandwiches), and block parmesiano-reggiano (sp?).

I buy smartfood, skinnypop, and boom chickapop there, especially when there is a coupon/sale.  

I buy a lot of baking supplies there--large bags of sugar, powdered sugar, and brown sugar, vanilla, some spices

I go through a lot of raisins so I buy them there.  I also buy almonds, pecans (during the holidays mostly) and peanuts there.

I used to buy chocolate chips there but they quit carrying Nestle Toll House morsels and the ones they carry are not gluten-free

We buy freezer bags, dishwasher tabs, and foil on sale. I buy paper towels and tissues there as needed. Sometimes there is a coupon for the tissues too.

Batteries (Kirkland, or others if on sale).

Socks for the boys (men's sizes)

Italian sausage and occasionally ground beef

We buy vitamins and supplements/OTC meds there--Smarty Pants, Ibuprofen, Omeprazole, Glucosamine/Chondroitin, Miralax generic, etc.

Also I fill up there (gas) regularly.

Pre-COVID, it was a good place to get cheap soft serve.  They stopped carrying the chocolate (BOOO!) but they still have vanilla. Ours is serving food again.

I'm sure I have missed many things.

• Thanks 1