Jump to content

Menu

Does anyone have FUBO? or Youtube TV? My Google Fiber is going away


Recommended Posts

We have YouTube TV.  When dh wanted to get rid of cable or satellite because they were getting so expensive, I told him the biggest thing I had to have was local tv channels.  When it’s tornado season and the sirens go off, I want to know what’s going on and where.  I like to keep up with other local news also.  We get all the local channels with YouTubeTV.  The only thing I don’t like about it is there’s not a way to quickly scroll through the channels when I’m bored and looking for something to watch, but that’s not often, so I can live with it.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We switched to YouTube TV this year and have been very happy with it. The only thing i can't get that I miss is Hallmark Channel. I need to find a way to stream that one - so far all I can find is the Hallmark Now app which doesn't have everything available. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, chiguirre said:

We have Fubo because they carry every Astros game. The service works well and we've never had an outage that wasn't due to our internet provider that doesn't always work well.

Now how do you watch this on tv's?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TravelingChris said:

Now how do you watch this on tv's?

We use a roku device that costs about $25. When you turn it on Fubo shows up as a channel like HBO or Netflix. Then once you click on Fubo it takes you to a menu of all of their channels and you can pick what you want from there.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, chiguirre said:

We have Fubo because they carry every Astros game. The service works well and we've never had an outage that wasn't due to our internet provider that doesn't always work well.

How? Where does Fubo carry the Astros? 
 

We are doing a free trial of Fubo right now, because i had read it was a good streaming service for watching live sports which is important for our house.

We have not been able to find the baseball game we want to watch. I read your post and went to the page where it shows the baseball games showing this week, there are no Astro games either. It shows through the end of  weekend. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NewnameC said:

How? Where does Fubo carry the Astros? 
 

We are doing a free trial of Fubo right now, because i had read it was a good streaming service for watching live sports which is important for our house.

We have not been able to find the baseball game we want to watch. I read your post and went to the page where it shows the baseball games showing this week, there are no Astro games either. It shows through the end of  weekend. 

 

 

When I was looking over the terms, it said that sports can be blacked out regionally, etc.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NewnameC said:

How? Where does Fubo carry the Astros? 
 

We are doing a free trial of Fubo right now, because i had read it was a good streaming service for watching live sports which is important for our house.

We have not been able to find the baseball game we want to watch. I read your post and went to the page where it shows the baseball games showing this week, there are no Astro games either. It shows through the end of  weekend. 

 

 

We live in Houston and ATT Sports carries all the Astros games that aren't promised to ESPN or one of the big broadcast networks. This is actually why we cut the cord. Our internet/cable company only carried the Dallas teams for some weird reason.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, TravelingChris said:

When I was looking over the terms, it said that sports can be blacked out regionally, etc.  

thanks for the suggestion. I don’t think that is the reason. It only shows one or two games per day from the entire mlb. 

13 hours ago, chiguirre said:

We live in Houston and ATT Sports carries all the Astros games that aren't promised to ESPN or one of the big broadcast networks. This is actually why we cut the cord. Our internet/cable company only carried the Dallas teams for some weird reason.

Thanks for this info.

I am logged into FUbo. I searched Astro’s and nothing comes up. I click on baseball and it shows no games today. Two for tomorrow. None are Astros. 
 

I tried searching at&t sports and no luck there either. I also don’t see it under guide. Maybe the trial version doesn’t offer it

I wanted Fubo to work, because I have an offer for a discounted price with them for a few months. I may end up with YouTube if I can’t figure out what’s wrong.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NewnameC said:

thanks for the suggestion. I don’t think that is the reason. It only shows one or two games per day from the entire mlb. 

Thanks for this info.

I am logged into FUbo. I searched Astro’s and nothing comes up. I click on baseball and it shows no games today. Two for tomorrow. None are Astros. 
 

I tried searching at&t sports and no luck there either. I also don’t see it under guide. Maybe the trial version doesn’t offer it

I wanted Fubo to work, because I have an offer for a discounted price with them for a few months. I may end up with YouTube if I can’t figure out what’s wrong.

 

 

 

Do you live in Houston?

I think the sports coverage is regional so if you're not in the service area of AT&T Sportsnet Southwest, you won't get that channel. From the Fubo website:

ABOUT ATT SPORTSNET SOUTHWEST

AT&T SportsNet™ in the Southwest is the television home of the Houston Astros and Houston Rockets. The network delivers more than 250 live events each year across five states. AT&T SportsNet is owned and operated by AT&T Sports Networks, which operates regional sports networks in the Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain and Southwest regions. The three networks combined reach across 19 states and own exclusive rights to produce and distribute live events from more than 15 teams and conferences.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...