Menu

Expat homeschooling books?

We are entering our fifth year of homeschooling. So much of the resources out there (books, blogs, etc) focus on those in countries where homeschooling is a thing. I am reaching the point where I am feeling like homeschooling is limiting DS friendships. People don't homeschool here, so there are no groups to join. BUT homeschooling gives us the ability to travel so much. We get to learn history and go see the places where it all happened. And we can personalize DS education. I really enjoy homeschooling and the opportunities it gives us. 

Anyways, any resources or books for those who live overseas and homeschool? I feel like I have asked this before. There has to be something out there of people who have gone before and how they handled it all. 

On 7/21/2021 at 6:58 PM, lulalu said:

We are entering our fifth year of homeschooling. So much of the resources out there (books, blogs, etc) focus on those in countries where homeschooling is a thing. I am reaching the point where I am feeling like homeschooling is limiting DS friendships. People don't homeschool here, so there are no groups to join. BUT homeschooling gives us the ability to travel so much. We get to learn history and go see the places where it all happened. And we can personalize DS education. I really enjoy homeschooling and the opportunities it gives us. 

Anyways, any resources or books for those who live overseas and homeschool? I feel like I have asked this before. There has to be something out there of people who have gone before and how they handled it all. 

Well there could not be one by definition as all info would need to be local and that’s a lot of places to cover. I know I looked pretty deeply into France when I lived there (one child was in school one was homeschooled) and I found out there were very few, but very few homeschooled teens there. We did not do a single thing with the local homeschool community. 
besides the world schooler page already mentioned, look for homeschool Facebook groups in each place you’re moving to. It’s called something different everywhere but the best resources would be on those pages.