Menu

International travel in the time of COVID

MEmama

27 minutes ago, J-rap said:

I was wondering if they always checked!  Did you get your pass at a pharmacy there?

Yep, I landed on a Sunday and hightailed from airport it to the one pharmacy that was open near the train station I needed. Tried to convert my American vaccine card but no luck, took a test and waited at cafe next door for result. Cafe wanted the pass but accepted my American vaccine card oddly after I explained it waiting for my pass any moment now! Every place I went there, restaurants, cafe, museums, required it. Not any of my hotels not any trains (I took 3 in order to drop DD off). That silly pass has three different scan codes. Sometimes they’d scan the wrong one, but mostly it was smooth sailing. It’s bizarre to need this piece of paper though. Phone, wallet, pass sanitaire, check check check🤣(the locals have it on their phones). 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, madteaparty said:

Yep, I landed on a Sunday and hightailed from airport it to the one pharmacy that was open near the train station I needed. Tried to convert my American vaccine card but no luck, took a test and waited at cafe next door for result. Cafe wanted the pass but accepted my American vaccine card oddly after I explained it waiting for my pass any moment now! Every place I went there, restaurants, cafe, museums, required it. Not any of my hotels not any trains (I took 3 in order to drop DD off). That silly pass has three different scan codes. Sometimes they’d scan the wrong one, but mostly it was smooth sailing. It’s bizarre to need this piece of paper though. Phone, wallet, pass sanitaire, check check check🤣(the locals have it on their phones). 

Interesting, thanks for explaining all of that.  I'm glad you were able to get it so easily!  I've been hearing mixed reviews about tourists getting the pass.  My sister is hoping to visit my dd (who lives in France) next month, so this will be helpful info to pass on to her.   (My dh and I will go next May, but who knows what will be going on then!)  Interestingly, France has handled vaccines a little differently there (for those who live there).   If you have medical record proof that you've had Covid, then you only get one shot (I believe Pfizer).  If you don't have proof even if you know you had Covid, or if you didn't have Covid, then you get two shots no matter what.  My dd and her dh both had Covid, but only her dh was tested (since they both had the same symptoms they figured only one needed to be tested.)  So because he was the only one with medical proof, he needed only one shot to get his health pass, whereas my dd needed both Pfizer shots. 

Is it true that the health pass only lasts 3 days for tourists?

10 hours ago, J-rap said:

Interesting, thanks for explaining all of that.  I'm glad you were able to get it so easily!  I've been hearing mixed reviews about tourists getting the pass.  My sister is hoping to visit my dd (who lives in France) next month, so this will be helpful info to pass on to her.   (My dh and I will go next May, but who knows what will be going on then!)  Interestingly, France has handled vaccines a little differently there (for those who live there).   If you have medical record proof that you've had Covid, then you only get one shot (I believe Pfizer).  If you don't have proof even if you know you had Covid, or if you didn't have Covid, then you get two shots no matter what.  My dd and her dh both had Covid, but only her dh was tested (since they both had the same symptoms they figured only one needed to be tested.)  So because he was the only one with medical proof, he needed only one shot to get his health pass, whereas my dd needed both Pfizer shots. 

Is it true that the health pass only lasts 3 days for tourists?

So if you get a health pass via an antigen test, like I did, yes, just good for three days. But they’re making it easier to get health pass via showing vaccine record, supposedly, and I imagine that pass would be unlimited in time. I would say getting a health pass via a test is super easy and costs around 20 euros, plus I needed a test to get back to theUS, so in retrospect it wasn’t that huge of a deal. 

happy to chat if you have more questions. 

• Like 1