Menu

Alaska & Delta - Seattle TSA

gardenmom5

50 minutes ago, TravelingChris said:

We joined the Known Traveler program a few years ago and that works very well.  Much, much  shorter line.

I think this is something different.  I signed up on an airport specific APP (which seems to be specific airlines.) - it just makes an appointment time to go through TSA instead of standing in line. . . . . 
I was going to sign up for pre-check last spring, but we couldn't find our marriage certificate. (to prove name change.).  Then my passport was expired . . . So, I need to resolve those, and then go back to signing up for precheck.  and the pass card for going across the border into canada. (and flying).

This is the SEA Spot Saver Program. Seems like it would be worth trying to avoid lines if you don't have TSA Pre-check.

https://onemileatatime.com/seatac-airport-tsa-appointment/

This program is initially being offered daily from May 4 through August 31, 2021, and it’s available from 4AM until 12PM. The program is completely free for passengers, and it’s intended for those who don’t have access to any priority screening options, like TSA Pre-Check and CLEAR.

We also have TSA Pre-check and Global Entry. They are both worth the hassle but it was a pain getting everything in order and it took time. No doubt Covid times are making the process much worse.

9 minutes ago, BeachGal said:

This is the SEA Spot Saver Program. Seems like it would be worth trying to avoid lines if you don't have TSA Pre-check.

This program is initially being offered daily from May 4 through August 31, 2021, and it’s available from 4AM until 12PM. The program is completely free for passengers, and it’s intended for those who don’t have access to any priority screening options, like TSA Pre-Check and CLEAR.

We also have TSA Pre-check and Global Entry. They are both worth the hassle but it was a pain getting everything in order and it took time. No doubt Covid times are making the process much worse.

We are going to get Global Entry before we go overseas next time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BeachGal said:

Yeah that's what I'm doing.  I was wondering how it works.  You can check in 15 minutes before/after your appointment time.   I dont' walk that fast, and this time I'm flying out of the north satellite, so I will need to allow time for that.  I remember when it was originally built . . . . .   At least I'm doing better walking than I have been.

dd will be flying back on the 4th, so I'm glad she'll be able to use it.

I need to get moving again on renewing my passport so I can go back and do precheck.  Though it might be faster to just order another copy of my marriage certificate.

• Like 1