Menu

Bow Maker Recommendations?

TechWife

I’d like to try to make some for wreaths this Christmas. Last year I waited too late and the bow makers were all sold out. They seem to be in stock now, although a lot of people start making Christmas stuff early so I want to get one while I can. 

Do any of you have a bow maker that you would or would not recommend? How many different styles of bows does it make? Is there anything I need to know? 

Years ago, I used a bow maker of the style shown below and it worked. Nowadays I just use my hands. I learned to use my hands in a decorating class about 25 years ago and to help me remember how to do it each year, I watch YouTube videos. FWIW - I forget how to do it every year and I have to watch YouTube video instruction every year. But I also always forgot how to use the bow maker too and would have to re-learn it each year. I guess if I made the bows more than once a year, I might remember!!!!!

ETA: I make mailbox bows and bows for my wreath at Christmas time.

image.thumb.png.c259d6051e8dc8c80b9d945e09901889.png

Edited by CTVKath
Add type of bow I make
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I mostly use unwired ribbon, and you can reverse that easily. I often use htv and add letter before making bows, so often make my loops inside out, then turn right side out, replace on the dowels, and tie off where I can see the print. It's usually smoother if you don't tie the middle where you've glued or sewn the ribbon together. 

Edited by Dmmetler

6 hours ago, CTVKath said:

Years ago, I used a bow maker of the style shown below and it worked. Nowadays I just use my hands. I learned to use my hands in a decorating class about 25 years ago and to help me remember how to do it each year, I watch YouTube videos. FWIW - I forget how to do it every year and I have to watch YouTube video instruction every year. But I also always forgot how to use the bow maker too and would have to re-learn it each year. I guess if I made the bows more than once a year, I might remember!!!!!

ETA: I make mailbox bows and bows for my wreath at Christmas time.

image.thumb.png.c259d6051e8dc8c80b9d945e09901889.png

I am so glad that I am not the only person who has to watch the YouTube video every year. 

• Like 2