Menu

Barnabas

fairfarmhand

When my third dd turned 5 we bought her a sweet great pyr pup named Lucy. My dd is now 16, 

sadly, 2 weeks ago Lucy died in her sleep of old age. She felt great right up til the last few weeks of her life. She was a wonderful dog and we were all so sad.

well, we all know that the best salve from losing a dog is a pup. And we got my dd a new dog. This ones a boy. He’s named Barnabas. Oh he’s so sweet. 

5EE90B73-9573-4FA4-8051-FF7F48510A5E.jpeg

9273B7C8-1DB6-47D2-A6DC-32C6FC7CABF9.jpegETA: the first pic is my dd and Lucy and the second is my dd and barnabas.

Edited by fairfarmhand
  • Like 33

What sweet photos!  I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad she was good until the end.  I found end of life care for some of our beloved pets more traumatic than losing them.  ❤️  

Enjoy your new baby!  So cute!  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FuzzyCatz said:

What sweet photos!  I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad she was good until the end.  I found end of life care for some of our beloved pets more traumatic than losing them.  ❤️  

Enjoy your new baby!  So cute!  

Thank you. And yes it was so sad to have her go, but we preferred that she died here on e farm where she was happiest. She hated car rides and they stressed her badly. And we were spared those awful cost benefit analysis that are so heartbreaking.

• Like 3

I had to put to sleep our almost 15 year old Pyr this month. The grief felt almost unbearable. My younger children have no memories of not having him to watch over them. I thanked him for being a better mother than I can ever hope to be. 

I’m glad you have a new puppy. 

• Like 3

We chose the name Barnabas since that biblical name means "Son of Consolation."

Lucy was a wonderful consoling dog. She always knew when someone was sad or upset and would seek them out to cuddle them. Many tears were shed into her soft coat. We're hoping Barnabas will be just as consoling. 

• Like 6