Menu

At what point would you lock down again?

6 hours ago, Not_a_Number said:

Maybe you really should get her vaccinated on the sly…

I'm thinking about it. What's giving me pause now if you must enter in your insurance information. Insurance company knows her real birthday. If I leave the insurance off, am I committing some kind of fraud? Need to think about this more. 

Regardless, she wouldn't be fully vaccinated for 6 weeks anyway. 

I'm not freaking out about this or anything, but I was taken by surprise when a guy selling a security system came into my yard yesterday and talked to me.  I was not masked, because nobody ever comes up and talks to me when I'm outside like that, and we wound up talking for a decent amount of time.  I stood further back than probably is typical for a conversation, but maybe not quite six feet away, since he kept inching forward to try to get me to look at material and what not.  We were outdoors.  But this was my first experience unmasked with someone other than my family or in laws since Delta really got to the area.  

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Pam in CT said:

re COVID revealing that broadband is now critical infrastructure:

That's not negative.  That is a big red pointer to a "productive" use of your time. 

Take that post and convert it to a letter to your state representatives, your governor, your education commissioner and your local board of ed.  Ask your municipal candidates what their position is on this issue. Make clear you consider it a priority in determining your vote. Join a local civic group and work towards making it real. 

I guess I just get overwhelmed. I am already a part of getting clean water to Latin America in a very real, hands-on way. (Supposed to be delivering more next week...we will see.) I am brainstorming with my pastor to address the education deficit of the Hispanic Community.  I have been listening, reading, learning about racial justice. I volunteered and helped out at Juneteenth. I've written several blogs on some sites like the National Memorial for Peace and Justice. Put money toward some scholarships for minority students. When our mission trips start again, I will make sure we have some scholarships for minority students. I have reached out to some of the Black leaders in our town. Hosted two students as part of an exchange project where students from the East and West Coast came here to learn about rural Texas. Then students from our town went to the coasts to listen and learn. The goal of the organization is to lessen the political divide. Eventually there will be 100,000 students in the project. 

I guess how many causes can you do?  There are so many and I feel pulled in so many directions because so many of them seem/are worthy projects.  But I only have so many emotional resources. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I'm not freaking out about this or anything, but I was taken by surprise when a guy selling a security system came into my yard yesterday and talked to me.  I was not masked, because nobody ever comes up and talks to me when I'm outside like that, and we wound up talking for a decent amount of time.  I stood further back than probably is typical for a conversation, but maybe not quite six feet away, since he kept inching forward to try to get me to look at material and what not.  We were outdoors.  But this was my first experience unmasked with someone other than my family or in laws since Delta really got to the area.  

I had an AC guy come yesterday to check our compressor. He needed to briefly come inside. I had my mask on when I answered the door and he asked if I wanted him to wear one, too. I was surprised he didn't think he would need a mask. (And yes, I offered one to him, but he got his out of his car.)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

I guess I just get overwhelmed. I am already a part of getting clean water to Latin America in a very real, hands-on way. (Supposed to be delivering more next week...we will see.) I am brainstorming with my pastor to address the education deficit of the Hispanic Community.  I have been listening, reading, learning about racial justice. I volunteered and helped out at Juneteenth. I've written several blogs on some sites like the National Memorial for Peace and Justice. Put money toward some scholarships for minority students. When our mission trips start again, I will make sure we have some scholarships for minority students. I have reached out to some of the Black leaders in our town. Hosted two students as part of an exchange project where students from the East and West Coast came here to learn about rural Texas. Then students from our town went to the coasts to listen and learn. The goal of the organization is to lessen the political divide. Eventually there will be 100,000 students in the project. 

I guess how many causes can you do?  There are so many and I feel pulled in so many directions because so many of them seem/are worthy projects.  But I only have so many emotional resources. 

Sure, we all have only-limited... bandwidth, LOL... and have to choose where to assign our energies. 

I was just thinking about both your Productive thread, as well as the sentiments you expressed here about feeling helpless *in the face of COVID.*  You've identified uneven internet infrastructure as in issue that impairs online schooling (as well as many other connective, economic and educational activities).  That is very much an area in current play as municipalities / counties / states / the federal government all are looking at big ways and small ways to address specifically COVID-related issues.  If it's an interest to you, that would be a concrete area where there definitely IS "productive" work that a single constituent can pick up and start going.

If you want to.  If you don't want to because you're already feeling busy with other productive work, great!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ordinary Shoes said:

I'm thinking about it. What's giving me pause now if you must enter in your insurance information. Insurance company knows her real birthday. If I leave the insurance off, am I committing some kind of fraud? Need to think about this more. 

I left my insurance off because it wouldn’t let me book with insurance.

• Like 1

I don't know which Covid thread this goes in. Maybe we need a new one for Delta?? Anyway, I thought numbers people might like this epidemiology thread regarding what will make the most difference: boosters, or increasing primary vaccination. It's clearly focused on what will make the most public health difference, not on individuals, but still interesting:

What does the Delta variant mean for you?

• Like 5

While vaccinating her before she turns 12 would give added protection from the virus, you may run into problems later if her vaccination is not considered "official." What kind of weather do you have? Will there be open windows at school? Would she be good at distancing whenever possible? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longtime Lurker said:

While vaccinating her before she turns 12 would give added protection from the virus, you may run into problems later if her vaccination is not considered "official." What kind of weather do you have? Will there be open windows at school? Would she be good at distancing whenever possible? 

I was worried about this too. No open windows at school. We live in Arizona so it is hot here and the AC is on most of the year. 

I don't think she would be good at keeping a distance from her friends. 

We are locking down again except for some needed physical therapy.

I'm frustrated with stores.  They say they're following CDC guidelines but they're not requiring masks for all until the "state says".  However, the state already did say "follow the CDC".  Our area has "substantial" spread so meets the CDC guidance for masks indoors.

I shopped at Target the other day and it was super stressful.

On 8/3/2021 at 11:52 AM, wathe said:

****Please do not quote this bit****. 

<snip>

In my area (2 heavily populated counties with multiple hospitals), the ERs are constantly on diversion. As I write this, one ER has 20 patients holding, one ER has turned ambulances away (which they technically can’t do), and in the past couple of weeks three of the local ERs have had charge nurses call for “Safe Harbor” due to extreme staffing shortages. Three. Absolutely unheard of in this area. 

The local EMS agencies, including mine, are losing paramedics at an unbelievable rate. All agencies are struggling to keep units staffed 24/7.

I’ve worked in emergency medicine for almost a quarter century. I’m not sure how the health care system will survive or what it will look like if this keeps up.

— signed one exhausted HCW to another

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 19

15 minutes ago, brehon said:

I’ve worked in emergency medicine for almost a quarter century. I’m not sure how the health care system will survive or what it will look like if this keeps up.

I'm 20+ years in as well.  

We aren't allowed to go on diversion or bypass.  The next nearest hospital is too far away.  We just have to suck it up and cope.  

I'm sure that you are right.  The fall-out from this pandemic in health care systems is going to last for years and years.

Edited by wathe
  • Sad 9

10 minutes ago, brehon said:

In my area (2 heavily populated counties with multiple hospitals), the ERs are constantly on diversion. As I write this, one ER has 20 patients holding, one ER has turned ambulances away (which they technically can’t do), and in the past couple of weeks three of the local ERs have had charge nurses call for “Safe Harbor” due to extreme staffing shortages. Three. Absolutely unheard of in this area. 

The local EMS agencies, including mine, are losing paramedics at an unbelievable rate. All agencies are struggling to keep units staffed 24/7.

Paramedics here a quitting all over the place. It is dangerous for the public, but I do not blame them. Some have long covid from last spring and fall before vaccines were available, and they just can't continue. Burn out his high! For them, the idea that so few people give a damn about healthcare workers hurts deeply. It is awful!

My heart breaks for HCW's. A dear friend who is a wonderful doctor in Chicago now wishes he had never gone to med school because so much of the public is just awful, and he is tired of patients screaming at him that he is lying when he tells them they have covid. He has always LOVED being in healthcare. He has always felt it is a calling. Now he is talking about quitting.

It.is.sickening.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 18

4 hours ago, Ordinary Shoes said:

If you answer a question with a false answer, then yeah, I think it would be fraud.  That would include misrepresenting your daughter's age.

But to specifically respond to the insurance question - when I signed my kids up for their shots at the drugstore, I had to either give my insurance info or swear that I didn't have insurance for them.  So leaving it off would be fraudulent.  When I got my shots done at a mass vax location, nobody asked about insurance.

I would send dd to school, and get her vaccinated starting at wee o'clock on her 12th birthday (or earlier if the kiddy vax comes out first).  I agree that asking her to mask if nobody else is masking would be hard, but perhaps you could brainstorm other ways of keeping the germs at bay until she can get that vax.  Unless she has specific risk factors that I missed reading, her risk of having worse than a cold is truly very small.

• Like 1

Our 7 day average has gone from 2 to 20 in about a month, and 41 were reported for yesterday, so yeah...  6.6% positivity rate. Tourist season is in full swing, and I don’t know if or how that might be accounted for.

I have officially gone “outdoors only” for gatherings, and made my final in-person grocery trip for under 10 items. Shocking to me, fewer people were masked at the locally owned, neighborhood supermarket than at the dang Walmart the other day. (Still lots of masking, but the fact that it was less than WM was just weird.)

No one I know (locally) IRL appears to be all that concerned. Even with kids under 12. Fundraising events are still being planned into the end of the year with no mitigation in mind.

If all my children were vaccinated, I don’t believe I’d be this serious. We won’t really know for sure until the last one is eligible and completed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ordinary Shoes said:

My two cents, FWIW: I would wait till her birthday.  Have her mask, invest in boatloads of hand sanitizer, whatever you have to do.  But I, personally, would not fudge her birthday on something like this.

You may/may not remember that I was hospitalized within a week of my first shot.  I had to ask every.single.doc if it was related to the shot.  It was not, but having just had the shot … we had to know.  My nephew, 16, had to have an emergency appendectomy within weeks of his shot. Same deal.  I wouldn’t want to have to say, “well, it was almost her birthday, so I fudged it, you know, because school,” while dealing with a doc for something most likely unrelated.  And if it *was* related … then they’d need to know.

I’m sorry. It’s hard.  We are dealing with a Hard Thing here, too.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

Paramedics here a quitting all over the place. It is dangerous for the public, but I do not blame them. Some have long covid from last spring and fall before vaccines were available, and they just can't continue. Burn out his high! For them, the idea that so few people give a damn about healthcare workers hurts deeply. It is awful!

My heart breaks for HCW's. A dear friend who is a wonderful doctor in Chicago now wishes he had never gone to med school because so much of the public is just awful, and he is tired of patients screaming at him that he is lying when he tells them they have covid. He has always LOVED being in healthcare. He has always felt it is a calling. Now he is talking about quitting.

It.is.sickening.

It's terrible. I have a friend with a PhD in pharmacology. She got into it today on Facebook with another acquaintance (church person, of course!) about vaccines. The second lady never went to college. She had the audacity to lecture my friend about how she knows more about vaccines and masking than my friend which is why she's anti-vax and anti-mask. This crazy lady is deep into Q too. 

But I'll bet this crazy lady expects the ER to be fully staffed when she needs it. It really is infuriating. You want to tell these people, "you know more than all of the doctors? Fine, do without them and good luck with that!" 

• Sad 9

I was worried about this too. No open windows at school. We live in Arizona so it is hot here and the AC is on most of the year. 

I don't think she would be good at keeping a distance from her friends. 

If it is really important for her to go to school, maybe shift focus to optimizing her health in case she catches it. Sleep hygiene, outdoor time, vitamins, super healthy foods, etc. 

And then, obviously, get her first shot on her 12th birthday 🙂

Edited by Longtime Lurker
clarity
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ordinary Shoes said:

It's terrible. I have a friend with a PhD in pharmacology. She got into it today on Facebook with another acquaintance (church person, of course!) about vaccines. The second lady never went to college. She had the audacity to lecture my friend about how she knows more about vaccines and masking than my friend which is why she's anti-vax and anti-mask. This crazy lady is deep into Q too. 

But I'll bet this crazy lady expects the ER to be fully staffed when she needs it. It really is infuriating. You want to tell these people, "you know more than all of the doctors? Fine, do without them and good luck with that!" 

Oh yes, they know more than the HCWs and PhDs in the field until all of a sudden they have a stroke, heart attack, cancer, meningitis, car accident, aneurysm, intestinal block, you name it, and the suddenly these folks are trusted. Makes my head explode! 😠

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, mommyoffive said:

Wow .  Is school in session already?   

No. That’s what is scary. Schools go back Monday. I’m guessing a lot of these cases are coming from summer child care and summer camp programs, or maybe summer school, since there were optional ESY programs available. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, brehon said:

Multiple nurses on Twitter are posting about treating people with IVs in their cars and outside because there is no room in their EDs. All are in different hospital systems in different areas. 

And then you have the other nurses posting, in the midst of all this, about the morons who come in and still say stuff like, "I will only allow a blood transfusion from an unvaxed person" and "My husband and I aren't coming into the hospital [to deliver a baby] if we have to wear a mask."

Yeah, healthcare workers are exhausted. I am so so sorry.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 18

15 minutes ago, SeaConquest said:

Multiple nurses on Twitter are posting about treating people with IVs in their cars and outside because there is no room in their EDs. All are in different hospital systems in different areas. 

And then you have the other nurses posting, in the midst of all this, about the morons who come in and still say stuff like, "I will only allow a blood transfusion from an unvaxed person" and "My husband and I aren't coming into the hospital [to deliver a baby] if we have to wear a mask."

I saw a really emotional post from a nurse yesterday, where she was having a bit of a post work breakdown in her car after work, saying it was the worst day since this whole thing started, and losing other parents her age, with kids still at home, and putting them on ventilators not knowing if they'll get off, etc, and I was gobsmacked at the number of replies from people whose only response was to lambaste her as an obvious fake because her eyes weren't moist enough or her voice didn't crack at the right times. Absolutely sick. People have become appalling through this.

• Sad 18

Just now, KSera said:

I saw a really emotional post from a nurse yesterday, where she was having a bit of a post work breakdown in her car after work, saying it was the worst day since this whole thing started, and losing other parents her age, with kids still at home, and putting them on ventilators not knowing if they'll get off, etc, and I was gobsmacked at the number of replies from people whose only response was to lambaste her as an obvious fake because her eyes weren't moist enough or her voice didn't crack at the right times. Absolutely sick. People have become appalling through this.

The idea that empathy for “the other” is a natural human state is, alas, profoundly ahistorical.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

The idea that empathy for “the other” is a natural human state is, alas, profoundly ahistorical.

Yes, none of us should be surprised by anything knowing that people accused the parents of children killed at Sandy Hook of participating in a hoax. 

Actually we should all look back on Sandy Hook. A group of white, middle class 6 and 7 year old guned down in a school and no laws were changed. Their parents were accused of being crisis actors and had to hire security. 

White, middle class 7 year olds...and that was the response. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

2 hours ago, Ordinary Shoes said:

I actually found the courage today to tell someone IRL that the fact that they have been pushing the use of a bovine dewormer not approved for Covid treatment while shunning an effective vaccine that has been rolled out to millions because they don't understand the fact that mRNA technology has been around for more than a decade and is not a new technology makes zero sense to me. That seemed to get through to my person, somewhat ... i will have to wait a week to see if my reasoning stuck or if they are back to microchips in vaccines encrypting genetic code and sending it to Bill Gates.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Longtime Lurker said:

If it is really important for her to go to school, maybe shift focus to optimizing her health in case she catches it. Sleep hygiene, outdoor time, vitamins, super healthy foods, etc. 

And then, obviously, get her first shot on her 12th birthday 🙂

I agree with this. This is part of my ideas as well for my kids. 

Bribe her to wear a mask?  

Get her flu shot early?

Flu shot linked to less severe COVID-19: Study (msn.com)

Gargling

Xclear nasal spray

Edited by mommyoffive
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SeaConquest said:

My mom had surgery today and when she went to the hospital complex yesterday for pre-op blood work, a man there threw such a fit about wearing a mask that they had to call security to remove him from the building.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 9

44 minutes ago, mathnerd said:

I actually found the courage today to tell someone IRL that the fact that they have been pushing the use of a bovine dewormer not approved for Covid treatment while shunning an effective vaccine that has been rolled out to millions because they don't understand the fact that mRNA technology has been around for more than a decade and is not a new technology makes zero sense to me. That seemed to get through to my person, somewhat ... i will have to wait a week to see if my reasoning stuck or if they are back to microchips in vaccines encrypting genetic code and sending it to Bill Gates.

And if they are so scared of mRNA tech (and by the way..what happened to not living in fear?) then why not just get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, KSera said:

Appalling is right. Here is another I just read:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 11

2 hours ago, SeaConquest said:

Appalling is right. Here is another I just read:

Getting spit on at work is unpleasant.  So is getting screamed at, sworn at, cat-called, pinched, hit, slapped, swatted at, scratched, bitten, licked, kicked, bodychecked, having a book thrown at your head from behind, and having a chair thrown at you. Ask me how I know.   #EmergLife.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 16

10 hours ago, wathe said:

Getting spit on at work is unpleasant.  So is getting screamed at, sworn at, cat-called, pinched, hit, slapped, swatted at, scratched, bitten, licked, kicked, bodychecked, having a book thrown at your head from behind, and having a chair thrown at you. Ask me how I know.   #EmergLife.

Yup. Also, having a knife or gun pulled on you, having a patient suddenly have a psychotic episode in the back of the moving ambulance and attack you, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

1 minute ago, brehon said:

Yup. Also, having a knife or gun pulled on you, having a patient suddenly have a psychotic episode in the back of the moving ambulance and attack you, etc. 

And in the case of dd, transporting and treating a prisoner from the maximum security prison who told her when be got out, he was going to find her! Oy. Scary.

Our HCW's deal with a lot of truly abusive, frightening, dangerous crap!! We don't appreciate them enough.

• Sad 4

16 hours ago, Dmmetler said:

No. That’s what is scary. Schools go back Monday. I’m guessing a lot of these cases are coming from summer child care and summer camp programs, or maybe summer school, since there were optional ESY programs available. 

Just saw pics online from our cc’s summer day camp. Little kids, indoors, next to one another, no masks.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, wathe said:

I am with you. One of my colleagues had his nose broken by a patient a few weeks ago. Management hasn't even asked him how he is doing. I've been lucky thus far. Physically, I've only been kicked in the stomach. Last weekend, one of my patients called me a whore, a moron, an idiot, a prostitute, and accused me of poisoning her and stealing her nails. This patient also had numerous "virtual PhDs" and "tons of money," so she didn't need to talk to the social worker about applying for benefits. Good times. Female psych patients are generally much more difficult for me than the men.   

• Sad 10

7 minutes ago, SeaConquest said:

I am with you. One of my colleagues had his nose broken by a patient a few weeks ago. Management hasn't even asked him how he is doing. I've been lucky thus far. Physically, I've only been kicked in the stomach. Last weekend, one of my patients called me a whore, a moron, an idiot, a prostitute, and accused me of poisoning her and stealing her nails. This patient also had numerous "virtual PhDs" and "tons of money," so she didn't need to talk to the social worker about applying for benefits. Good times. Female psych patients are generally much more difficult for me than the men.   

Wow! Ugh.

@mathnerd because we are in the same region. My husband just received a memo that back to office is postponed to January. Guess its a good thing my kids’ fall quarter dual enrollment classes are all online (though they would like to be on campus). My district starts back in person on August 12th.

50 minutes ago, SeaConquest said:

Just picking one quote out of the many because I don't want to multi-quote:  in local  hospitals there are signs up saying that care will be refused to violent patients or they will be prosecuted (I assume based on the need for care and the extent of violence - if it's just verbal or physical etc.   Is this not the case everywhere? 

6 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Just picking one quote out of the many because I don't want to multi-quote:  in local  hospitals there are signs up saying that care will be refused to violent patients or they will be prosecuted (I assume based on the need for care and the extent of violence - if it's just verbal or physical etc.   Is this not the case everywhere? 

We have the option to file a police report, but patients often don't go to jail because they are deemed mentally incompetent to stand trial under CA law as a result of their disability, and the local jails and CA state hospitals don't have beds available for them. Because we are the county psych hospital, we often end up getting them back months later. So, I didn't file a police report when the patient kicked me because I knew there was nowhere for him to go. He is just too mentally ill. He would never stand trial and go to jail. His MRIs show that his brain is literally shrinking from schizophrenia. How can I punish him for being sick?

The patient that broke the guy's nose was similarly mentally ill with schizophrenia. I wasn't in the cafeteria when the incident happened, but I was with the patient in the emergency psych unit at our hospital during day shift before he was moved to a longer-term inpatient unit, and it was obvious to me that the patient was not yet stable. I don't know why they let him go to the cafeteria. Someone dropped the ball on that and one of our techs got hurt as a result. Please don't quote.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

22 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

No, that is not everywhere.

• Like 3

We were told that my husband's work would be back in person this August.  In reality, they have everyone coming back 1 day/week and doing the rest remote still for the foreseeable future.  

One of my good friends just tested positive.  She is fully vaccinated and her case is mild.  She's been very careful.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

52 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

@mathnerd because we are in the same region. My husband just received a memo that back to office is postponed to January. Guess its a good thing my kids’ fall quarter dual enrollment classes are all online (though they would like to be on campus). My district starts back in person on August 12th.

Mask mandates for offices now in all neighboring counties and ours as well. It started this week - and that’s a good thing 🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mathnerd said:

Mask mandates for offices now in all neighboring counties and ours as well. It started this week - and that’s a good thing 🙂

Was at Great Mall yesterday because kid needed to take some photos for his photography assignment. Some stores have the updated mask mandate posted, some didn’t. As usual, some were walking with their masks on their chins while inside the mall. People were actually masking better at the Livermore outlet even though that is an outdoor mall.  

• Like 1

We can't lock down, but I've cut all extraneous trips/errands out of our schedule now.

DH: in person work 3x per week. Takes kids to outdoor pool nightly.

Me: in person work 5x per week - some customer facing & I share an office. Pick up grocery order, run errands for work (2 banks today where I was the only one masked).

DD's: One has 1x per week volunteer position. One has a fully remote job.

No eating out, no haircuts anymore, no in-store shopping, etc. We are doing doctor/dentist/ortho appointments in person. I am taking DD to college (10 hours away) next weekend, so they'll be hotels, restaurant bathroom (but we'll get the food to go). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We supposedly have zero tolerance for violence and harassment, and abuse  complete with signs.  It’s bull.

1). You don’t know it’s going to happen until it happens 

2). Violence and harassment and abuse are part some patients’ presentations : intoxication, dementia, psychosis, even personality disorders, and just the stress of being in an overcrowded emergency department.  Nobody is at their best.  We can’t refuse care to people who are medically unstable, and to evaluate medical stability, you have to assess the patient.

zero tolerance policies look good  on paper, but are actually impossible in EDs.

Edited by wathe
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, wathe said:

We supposedly have zero tolerance for violence and harassment, and abuse  complete with signs.  It’s bull.

1). You don’t know it’s going to happen until it happens 

2). Violence and harassment and abuse are part some patients’ presentations : intoxication, dementia, psychosis, even personality disorders, and just the stress of being in an overcrowded emergency department.  Nobody is at their best.  We can’t refuse care to people who are medically unstable, and to evaluate medical stability, you have to assess the patient.

zero tolerance policies look good  on paper, but are actually impossible in EDs.

I’m sorry. My dh no longer does direct patient care because it was so stressful. (As unit manager he got it from both patients and staff). 

2 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

No, that is not everywhere.

Hahahaha we have the signs that people will be prosecuted, but the local DA always refuses to file charges.

the area I work in as a medic has a state psychiatric center and two prisons, one of which is a Supermax.  The stories I could tell….

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

Hahahaha we have the signs that people will be prosecuted, but the local DA always refuses to file charges.

the area I work in as a medic has a state psychiatric center and two prisons, one of which is a Supermax.  The stories I could tell….

I guess as a patient who believed the signs, it shows that I really am not the type of person it is addressing. . .   (Especially since I wouldn't be violent to begin with).