Menu

At what point would you lock down again?

7 minutes ago, Spryte said:

And keeping up with Covid stats in Germany is more difficult for me, I’m not sure which sources are best.  

The Robert Koch Institute keeps track of cases and provides the official numbers; they are the most reliable source. They also have a website in English

https://www.rki.de/EN/Content/infections/epidemiology/outbreaks/COVID-19/Situationsberichte_Tab.html

ETA: I would much rather be in Germany than here; our county's numbers are back at December levels. Germany has currently a 7 day incidence of 11 per 100k; my county has over 400.

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, regentrude said:

The Robert Koch Institute keeps track of cases and provides the official numbers; they are the most reliable source. They also have a website in English

https://www.rki.de/EN/Content/infections/epidemiology/outbreaks/COVID-19/Situationsberichte_Tab.html

ETA: I would much rather be in Germany than here; our county's numbers are back at December levels. Germany has currently a 7 day incidence of 11 per 100k; my county has over 400.

Thanks.  That’s the site we’ve been using, so glad to know it’s reliable.  I think the travel time through airports, on planes and public transportation is the most concerning, but he will stay masked as much as possible. 

There will be many restaurant meetings, too.

We are still unclear on whether he might attempt to keep away from unvaccinated DD upon returning home.  

Wishing he could put off travel till everyone is vaccinated, ugh.

Edited by Spryte
Weird formatting
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spryte said:

We are still unclear on whether he might attempt to keep away from unvaccinated DD upon returning home.  

He might for peace of mind, just for the 3 days until he tests, in case he picked up something during the flight. He will have had to test before the return flight, too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ktgrok said:

Yup. I mean, I get it. They had to do a security walk through at one of the facilities, and then they were hungry. They needed to meet to discuss what happened on the walk through, and they all needed to eat. So...restaurant. I guess other option would have been take out taken back to the office? But where they were was a distance from the office, and at least one of the members had driven from their other office several hours away and going to the main office was in the wrong direction for him. I don't know..ugh. 

Ugh. It's so frustrating that people are put in this spot at all.

Interesting article about how to view risks with vaccination and what "severe" Covid means. I am not sure I am in the same place the author is, but I feel like it was worth reading and thinking through. 

https://slate.com/technology/2021/07/covid-delta-variant-risk-vaccinated-breakthrough-cases.html

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, lewelma said:

I've not been following covid stats too closely, so I have a question for you guys. If you are vaccinated, is the risk for severe illness with Delta about the same as the flu? And do we know yet, the risk to children who are not vaccinated?  

I'm curious because it sounds like the UK is going with the "we are mostly vaccinated, so we are going to treat it like the flu from a public health perspective."  

I think the risk of hospitalization and death has now become comparable to the flu, yes. 

What we don't know yet is the risk of long COVID, in either vaccinated adults or in children. And of course, we have no clue about how long it lasts or whether it has repercussions. That's the data I would really LOVE to have. 

• Like 8

I saw my primary care doctor today and got the news to scale it back a bit and to be sure to be masked everywhere. 

Anecdotally, a friend of mine who had covid (business owner who had to interact with public), got long covid, then got fully vaccinated.....has covid again.  She describes it as equivalent to the flu this go around---milder than the terrible round she had last time (her husband was hospitalized and is still on oxygen months later) but still no dang fun. 

Both of these things hitting today have me a bit bummed.  I think I'm going to door dash and have (cautious, vaccinated) friends eat out here on our patio rather than do outdoor dining and go back to curbside pickup where I can. I have some other decisions I need to make and I'm not happy about any of them.

Hugs, y'all. This sucks.

• Sad 17

24 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I saw my primary care doctor today and got the news to scale it back a bit and to be sure to be masked everywhere. 

Anecdotally, a friend of mine who had covid (business owner who had to interact with public), got long covid, then got fully vaccinated.....has covid again.  She describes it as equivalent to the flu this go around---milder than the terrible round she had last time (her husband was hospitalized and is still on oxygen months later) but still no dang fun. 

Ugh. What a bummer. Did her long COVID ever get better? 

24 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Both of these things hitting today have me a bit bummed.  I think I'm going to door dash and have (cautious, vaccinated) friends eat out here on our patio rather than do outdoor dining and go back to curbside pickup where I can. I have some other decisions I need to make and I'm not happy about any of them.

Hugs, y'all. This sucks.

The only decisions I have left to make are about babysitters and playgrounds. We're clearly not going to the gym or into stores anymore, and we're not signing up the kids for any in-person activities. 

But do we keep our babysitter(s)? We've been enjoying going out again -- we've found a table that's totally outside (like, literally it's a table on a sidewalk, lol), and that does feel quite safe. 

And do we keep doing playdates? Or should I try to move them off playgrounds and into empty spaces? Decisions, decisions. 

• Sad 1

Confirmed that at least two of the winery cases were in the indoor area here. I haven’t heard details about the other five yet.  The stadium definitely is still raising outdoor transmission concerns but you all saw the level of crowding in the pics.

• Like 5

Just now, Ausmumof3 said:

Confirmed that at least two of the winery cases were in the indoor area here. I haven’t heard details about the other five yet.  The stadium definitely is still raising outdoor transmission concerns but you all saw the level of crowding in the pics.

I am definitely finding the Australian data mostly reassuring. I mean, I never actually thought there'd be ZERO transmission outdoors. But it still seems like it decreases risk by like a factor of 10. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Not_a_Number said:

I am definitely finding the Australian data mostly reassuring. I mean, I never actually thought there'd be ZERO transmission outdoors. But it still seems like it decreases risk by like a factor of 10. 

I think it all kind of just makes sense.  The concentration of particles is the most important thing and outdoors they get diluted a tonne.  But if you’re very close to someone outdoors or there’s multiple people breathing it or there’s walls/roofing/cafe blinds inhibiting air movement or someone’s shedding massively the air movement still might not be enough to dilute it enough to be non-infectious.  It would be interesting if there’s any indication that lower viral load outdoors may link to more mild cases.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

Hers did after several weeks. Her husband was in the hospital for over a week, came home on oxygen, and still hasn’t been able to go off of it. He is also still having some cognitive fog.

• Sad 7

1 hour ago, Not_a_Number said:

We just did an outdoor play date today and my nerves are pretty shot. I mean, I’m obviously mostly good with the decreased factor, but of course there are back-of-mind thoughts.  
I wish I had had this stat in my back pocket though, when a friend questioned the fact that my child wasn’t allowed (by me) inside, since the kids had already been playing together (outside.) 

• Like 2

Honestly, I think the babysitter is fine.  She's vaccinated (after she had covid, right?).  That feels like a super low risk situation.  

I think outdoor play dates are also fine.  I don't have a great image for how crowded these playgrounds are.  I would have been fine with my kids playing on playgrounds, given the kid density here, but I just don't know about super duper crowded.  But I think if they're so crowded that it feels super risky, then we're getting into too crowded to really safely and enjoyably play, too?  I would go with a solid, "It depends."  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, regentrude said:

That is just unfathomable to me...we are at 38 per 100K and that seems like a lot, especially with other places around 3 per 100k!

15 hours ago, kbutton said:

Ugh. It's so frustrating that people are put in this spot at all.

Interesting article about how to view risks with vaccination and what "severe" Covid means. I am not sure I am in the same place the author is, but I feel like it was worth reading and thinking through. 

https://slate.com/technology/2021/07/covid-delta-variant-risk-vaccinated-breakthrough-cases.html

My main concern with breakthrough is transmitting it to my unvaccinated kid with two autoimmune diseases. Once all my kids are vaccinated I'll feel MUCH better. 

13 hours ago, Not_a_Number said:

The only decisions I have left to make are about babysitters and playgrounds. We're clearly not going to the gym or into stores anymore, and we're not signing up the kids for any in-person activities. 

But do we keep our babysitter(s)? We've been enjoying going out again -- we've found a table that's totally outside (like, literally it's a table on a sidewalk, lol), and that does feel quite safe. 

And do we keep doing playdates? Or should I try to move them off playgrounds and into empty spaces? Decisions, decisions. 

For playgrounds, I really don't think the equipment is the issue, it's the people on it. My concern with outdoor play is some kid sneezing in the face of my kid, or coughing on them. Which, as you know, happens more than anyone likes. So we've been trying to go at not busy times and at parks with lots of play equipment so we can move to a different area. But even that, now with school out, isn't very workable. But the same kids in a playground vs an empty field, you still have kids maybe getting up in each other's faces sneezing on each other. That would be my concern. Unless your worry is that doing the playdate at the playground means MORE kids, since it isn't just the invited ones there? That would make sense. 

We have a local group that just does outdoor activities - unmasked. I was all set to start joining back up when our positivity was below 4%. Now with it at 13% and climbing....and no good daily data since the state only reports weekly...not so much. There is another group that is meeting outdoors with masks, but with record breaking heat and humidity that's just not really a fun option. Yesterday we had the hottest day of the year, tied the city record, and heat index was 105. Running in 105 heat/humidity with a mask on is asking for heat stroke. And  indoor activities, even masked, no longer seem safe given how transmissible delta is. 

For babysitter, is she vaccinated? And what is her exposure level?

What do we think about say, splash pads or water parks? I'm wondering because on the one hand kids tend to be snottier from the water getting in their noses, but on the other hand, maybe the chlorinated water is continually rinsing them off so making it safer? Or???

5 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

For playgrounds, I really don't think the equipment is the issue, it's the people on it. My concern with outdoor play is some kid sneezing in the face of my kid, or coughing on them. Which, as you know, happens more than anyone likes. So we've been trying to go at not busy times and at parks with lots of play equipment so we can move to a different area. But even that, now with school out, isn't very workable. But the same kids in a playground vs an empty field, you still have kids maybe getting up in each other's faces sneezing on each other. That would be my concern. Unless your worry is that doing the playdate at the playground means MORE kids, since it isn't just the invited ones there? That would make sense. 

I just meant that it’s more kids.

1 minute ago, ktgrok said:

That is just unfathomable to me...we are at 38 per 100K and that seems like a lot, especially with other places around 3 per 100k!

Our numbers yesterday were at the same level as December 31.

Idiot governor ( but you have that too), rural conservative population that refused any mitigation measures and is largely anti vax (30% vaxed in the county that has the college town; surrounding rural counties below 30)... perfect storm. I am not surprised,  the way people have been acting throughout the pandemic, this was completely foreseeable. 

• Sad 9

I can't help wondering if some people here will ever be able to relax, even after their kids are vaccinated.  And not just those who have serious health issues in their families.

6 minutes ago, SKL said:

I can't help wondering if some people here will ever be able to relax, even after their kids are vaccinated.  And not just those who have serious health issues in their families.

This sounds a bit snarky; I hope you didn't mean it that way.
I will relax once this pandemic is under control and my local hospital and ICU are not full at capacity. I am vaccinated, but that is no 100% guarantee. I have no health issues, but could also have other reasons to require intensive medical treatment, like an accident, and the hospitals in my state are full. So, excuse me if I am not feeling relaxed.

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 16
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, regentrude said:

I will relax once this pandemic is under control and my local hospital and ICU are not full at capacity. I am vaccinated, but that is no 100% guarantee. I could also have other reasons to require intensive medical treatment, and the hospitals in my state are full. So, excuse me if I am not feeling relaxed.

The lack of medical space is what worries me.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, TravelingChris said:

The lack of medical space is what worries me.

Uggh. I just looked up the data for my state. We have 17% of  Inpatient beds remaining and 16% of ICU beds left.
And that's state-wide. They're already sending patients 100+ miles away.

Edited by regentrude
  • Sad 11

11 minutes ago, regentrude said:

I will relax once this pandemic is under control and my local hospital and ICU are not full at capacity. I am vaccinated, but that is no 100% guarantee. I have no health issues, but could also have other reasons to require intensive medical treatment, like an accident, and the hospitals in my state are full. So, excuse me if I am not feeling relaxed.

I suppose it depends on how well vaccines hold up to new variants. But I mean, heck, I take various precautions for say, flu, as well. So...I'm sure that I'll include some risk calculus going forward for Covid. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, regentrude said:

It wasn't meant to be snarky.  I feel badly for people who can't relax no matter what.  But for those in that situation, I think it would help to take a step back and analyze what is really the cause.  Among other things, I would hope decisions about activities essential to child development could be made as rationally as possible, while finding other ways to deal with anxiety.

There is no "100% guarantee" of anything, ever.  If people are looking for a 100% guarantee that their child is going to reach age 18 without ever having any health issues, or seek 100% control over what happens to their child, IMO that's a problem.

I understand concerns about hospital capacity.  That hasn't been an issue in most US locations for a long time, if ever.  It could happen, and at that point, I'd be concerned also.  That said, the likelihood of a child needing to go into the hospital for Covid is still extremely low.  It is much more likely that they would need treatment for a playground accident than a playground Covid exposure.

Edited by SKL
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SKL said:

It wasn't meant to be snarky.  I feel badly for people who can't relax no matter what.  But for those in that situation, I think it would help to take a step back and analyze what is really the cause.  Among other things, I would hope decisions about activities essential to child development could be made as rationally as possible, while finding other ways to deal with anxiety.

There is no "100% guarantee" of anything, ever.  If people are looking for a 100% guarantee that their child is going to reach age 18 without ever having any health issues, or seek 100% control over what happens to their child, IMO that's a problem.

I understand concerns about hospital capacity.  That hasn't been an issue in most US locations for a long time, if ever.  It could happen, and at that point, I'd be concerned also.  That said, the likelihood of a child needing to go into the hospital for Covid is still extremely low.  It is much more likely that they would need treatment for a playground accident than a playground Covid exposure.

Have you seen anyone claim that they won't let their children have access to activities, EVER? I haven't. I've seen a lot of people saying they are waiting until their children are vaccinated and cases are not out of control. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SKL said:

Actually, I had trouble finding the chance of a kid getting hospitalized for COVID. Any idea what it is, per case?

1 minute ago, ktgrok said:

Have you seen anyone claim that they won't let their children have access to activities, EVER? I haven't. I've seen a lot of people saying they are waiting until their children are vaccinated and cases are not out of control. 

Also, I don’t know if people noticed, but we ARE going to playgrounds. And playgrounds can’t be essential to childhood development, lol — did they even exist until last century??

• Like 3

Okay, am I wrong to be worried about the fact that the US seems like a perfect breeding ground for variants that are resistant to the vaccines?  With 50% of the people vaccinated and 50% not, it seems like it offers a beautiful reservoir of the virus along with plentiful opportunities to challenge itself against the vaccines utilized in the US to figure out a way around them.  

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

Just now, Terabith said:

Okay, am I wrong to be worried about the fact that the US seems like a perfect breeding ground for variants that are resistant to the vaccines?  With 50% of the people vaccinated and 50% not, it seems like it offers a beautiful reservoir of the virus along with plentiful opportunities to challenge itself against the vaccines utilized in the US to figure out a way around them.  

I don’t think you’re wrong.

At this point, I am completely torn between locking down and giving into the inevtible. To me, it looks like it's too easily spread not to get it if you go out at all. I was totally free the last couple months, thinking my vaccine would keep me safe. Now I have very careful vaccinated friends who got it while traveling, following the masking inside/eating outdoor precautions we've been using for months. Then, bam, Delta. Both were sick - with "mild" covid I guess - a week of exhaustion, congestion, etc. No hospital admissions, but good dr care. 

Anyway, I'm reevaluating my stance I guess. We have friends who medically were advised not to vaccinate, that now I'm just too scared to even see outside. I would never want to give this to them. But, it just seems like I'll end up with it and hope my immune system and vaccine will fight it off. I'll still be careful, but it just doesn't seem like enough right now. 

I don't know what I would do with young unvaccinated kids in my household. I am so sorry you are all dealing with it. I have a young adult who is vaccinated, but he's out and about and getting ready to move in with friends. He knows the risks, but he's 19 you know? He was completely locked down until vaccinated, very careful. But he's not interested in moving backward now either. It's a very tough time to make decisions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

2 minutes ago, Toocrazy!! said:

At this point, I am completely torn between locking down and giving into the inevtible. To me, it looks like it's too easily spread not to get it if you go out at all. I was totally free the last couple months, thinking my vaccine would keep me safe. Now I have very careful vaccinated friends who got it while traveling, following the masking inside/eating outdoor precautions we've been using for months. Then, bam, Delta. Both were sick - with "mild" covid I guess - a week of exhaustion, congestion, etc. No hospital admissions, but good dr care. 

Anyway, I'm reevaluating my stance I guess. We have friends who medically were advised not to vaccinate, that now I'm just too scared to even see outside. I would never want to give this to them. But, it just seems like I'll end up with it and hope my immune system and vaccine will fight it off. I'll still be careful, but it just doesn't seem like enough right now. 

I don't know what I would do with young unvaccinated kids in my household. I am so sorry you are all dealing with it. I have a young adult who is vaccinated, but he's out and about and getting ready to move in with friends. He knows the risks, but he's 19 you know? He was completely locked down until vaccinated, very careful. But he's not interested in moving backward now either. It's a very tough time to make decisions. 

Any idea where your friends picked it up?

Just now, Not_a_Number said:

Any idea where your friends picked it up?

Not really - they were travelling - so the plane? Outdoor? indoor when they were masked? - they have flown a couple times since vaccinated and behaved similarly in their dining, visiting, traveling precautions for the last several months, but that was before Delta? I don't know - I'm just speculating - because I'm angry about it🙄

• Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Toocrazy!! said:

This is how I feel too. I don't want to get it and I am not out licking light switches or anything, but it like how am I not supposed to get it at this point?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

This is how I feel too. I don't want to get it and I am not out licking light switches or anything, but it like how am I not supposed to get it at this point?

Honestly, once the kids are vaccinated, unless REALLY alarming stuff comes out about long COVID after vaccination, I'll probably go out and catch it for an extra boost of immunity 😉 . 

1 hour ago, ktgrok said:

I suppose it depends on how well vaccines hold up to new variants. But I mean, heck, I take various precautions for say, flu, as well. So...I'm sure that I'll include some risk calculus going forward for Covid. 

Same. We take extra flu season precautions, even on the years before we were getting the vax (which we have still missed some years, but started getting after one very healthy kid had a particularly scary bout with it). We become hygiene fanatics during flu season, and usually stop sending kids to Sunday school during the height of flu season (that is ALWAYS where mine bring something home from), and any toddlers or preschoolers don't go to church nursery or co-op preschool classes if I start seeing it's hitting a lot of people in our circle. So, I'm certainly not going to be less careful than I am for flu. The nice thing is that I'm actually less concerned about getting covid myself at this point with the vaccine than I am with a flu vaccine, because even with Delta, it's working better than most flu vaccines. But, I avoid flu like crazy as well. I just find it absolutely miserable to be sick and worth avoiding when at all possible. If my kids were in school, I probably wouldn't bother with any of that for them other than flu shot, because exposure at school would be inevitable, and would just focus on not catching it from them.

1 hour ago, SKL said:

I understand concerns about hospital capacity.  That hasn't been an issue in most US locations for a long time, if ever.  It could happen, and at that point, I'd be concerned also. 

I'm hearing local doctors telling their patients to get in now for anything elective they need to do, because they are expecting hospital impacts and a decent chance that elective care will not be readily available by fall.

43 minutes ago, Toocrazy!! said:

Not really - they were travelling - so the plane? Outdoor? indoor when they were masked? - they have flown a couple times since vaccinated and behaved similarly in their dining, visiting, traveling precautions for the last several months, but that was before Delta?

I wonder if anywhere is still doing enough contract tracing to see if plane infections are increasing at all with Delta. They certainly happened with previous strains, but seemed quite unlikely with fully masked flights (though fully masked doesn't happen a lot of places where people like to slowly drink something the entire flight). I would really like to know if plane air filtration is still pretty effective in clearly Delta from the air before it can infect people. Maybe planes flying into Australia or China or other countries that are still trying to contain will be able to have some information come from them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, regentrude said:

@SKL

At one point in the late fall/early winter, our hospitals were at capacity, but it wasn't widely known, mostly just warned it could happen (I think hospitals didn't want to publicly say they were overwhelmed before knowing if it would get much worse). Police were not stopping people hardly at all for routine traffic stuff, so every trip on the highway was starting to feel like it was life or death--groups of pickup trucks would race each other down the interstate (a major, busy one) weaving in and out of cars doing figure 8's--not solo, mind you, but in tandem with each other--they would cross each other's paths very closely in front of other cars like they were stunt drivers. It was terrible, and it didn't happen just once--I could expect it to happen nearly every time I drove. I knew how bad hospitals were getting because I had a spouse working in a local ED that could admit patients one minute because someone died or was discharged, but then would have to divert others the next minute (or try to care for them in the hallways while they were neither admitted nor truly able to get the care needed in the ER). 

We were basically forced to stop all extra trips because being seriously injured on the highway was a constant threat (and we live so close to it that nearly every trip involves the highway). We also had to ask my son to wait to finish his driving hours for his license because having an inexperienced driver on the highway was super scary under those conditions.

At this point, maybe the police officers are vaccinated and will continue to stop people if it all hits the fan, but law enforcement here has been outspoken about not masking, etc., so who knows. 

I am not looking forward to every trip I make in the car feeling like a gamble and having no guarantee of a hospital care if I lose that gamble. It was like that here for a couple of months.

It's not just about the virus.

• Sad 3

32 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

Honestly, once the kids are vaccinated, unless REALLY alarming stuff comes out about long COVID after vaccination, I'll probably go out and catch it for an extra boost of immunity 😉 . 

Not sure if it's been linked here yet, but this New Yorker piece about SARS-COV-2 becoming endemic is quite good.

The pediatric vaccines cannot come fast enough.  And I'm encouraged by the news that several different promising antivirals are in the pipeline as well.

I remember when this whole thing started there were pandemic scientists and historians who said that pandemics generally last 2-3 years. It seemed utterly inconceivable at the time.  Yet here we are.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Not_a_Number said:

I did feel relaxed, lol. I felt totally lovely in June, when numbers were stable and we weren’t back on an exponential curve!! 

B95DC087-F871-49DE-8669-E80D419C34B6.thumb.png.b62d7d0f602da6a575e8f960bd7d7224.png

I remember when getting to <10% was grounds for celebration. We are in one of the highest vaxxed states and around 2% positivity. I feel very comfortable with that percentage. Case numbers are not important to me, only hospitalizations and deaths. 

45 minutes ago, whitestavern said:

I remember when getting to <10% was grounds for celebration. We are in one of the highest vaxxed states and around 2% positivity. I feel very comfortable with that percentage. Case numbers are not important to me, only hospitalizations and deaths. 

I am sorry, but since I'm worried about long COVID, hospitalizations and deaths aren't really the right metric for me. 

And <10% isn't grounds for celebration in a high test state and never was. Plus, I'm more worried about the trajectory -- 2% positivity is tolerable, but what's it going to be in a few weeks? If it stabilizes, I'll feel relieved. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, JennyD said:

Not sure if it's been linked here yet, but this New Yorker piece about SARS-COV-2 becoming endemic is quite good.

The pediatric vaccines cannot come fast enough.  And I'm encouraged by the news that several different promising antivirals are in the pipeline as well.

I remember when this whole thing started there were pandemic scientists and historians who said that pandemics generally last 2-3 years. It seemed utterly inconceivable at the time.  Yet here we are.

Oh, I figured as much, to be honest. I figured we were in for 2 years. That's what it sounded like for the 1918 flu pandemic, for one thing. 

I just wanted a longer break, lol. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

Oh, I figured as much, to be honest. I figured we were in for 2 years. That's what it sounded like for the 1918 flu pandemic, for one thing. 

I just wanted a longer break, lol. 

Me, too.  I was sure we had until October.

• Like 4

Monday I restart IV infusions every two weeks that wipe my immune system so, even though we are all vaccinated, we made the tough decision to transfer the remaining kiddo that would have been in-person to online for fall semester.  They will still require 6 in-person class sessions for the semester for one class, but that's the best we can do for this child.  My other kids that would be in-person for some classes already made the switch because it wasn't as big of a deal for their learning style. If the community spread gets too high,  they will actually stop my infusions. 😟  We have a vaccination rate of 46% of population, and they just confirmed cases of delta in the county, so I'm really depressed and a little bit scared tonight.  My husbands employer pulled all masking, so no precautions at all regardless of vaccination. 

• Sad 10

2 hours ago, freesia said:

Me, too.  I was sure we had until October.

Same. And I thought we might get kid vaccines before then. The optimist in me was totally hoping that we could transition from "low cases" to "endemic but vaccinated" without more sacrifices. 

• Like 7