Menu

Goofy "confession" -- video game content

TheReader

So, DH & I have started playing Stardew Valley together on weekend mornings (and sometimes during the week) when the kids are all asleep (the boys introduced us to it when oldest was away at summer camp and we needed something for the 4 of us to do.....then when he got back, we couldn't/didn't feel right playing our 4-person farm and leaving him out, so DH and I just started our own...). 

Anyway, we're far enough in the game now that DH was able to craft the Wedding Ring and his character proposed to my character last night......and I was/am ridiculously giddy over that. ❤️  Which is hilarious and silly, but......:giggle:....I feel like I just got engaged! LOL!  Just had to share *somewhere* (and am too embarrassed to talk about it in real life, LOL!). 

• Like 30

1 minute ago, happi duck said:

Love it!  Congratulations!

LOL! thanks 🙂

it's so goofy......it's been a really fun outlet of a game, though. I get to have chickens there 🙂  (and ducks, rabbits, goats, cows, pigs....) That makes me happy, too....the little ducks drop duck feathers when they're really happy, and it's such a delight "Oh, look! My video game pet duck likes me!" Not the same happy as "my real life husband/in game boyfriend proposed to me!" but still. LOL! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheReader said:

LOL! thanks 🙂

it's so goofy......it's been a really fun outlet of a game, though. I get to have chickens there 🙂  (and ducks, rabbits, goats, cows, pigs....) That makes me happy, too....the little ducks drop duck feathers when they're really happy, and it's such a delight "Oh, look! My video game pet duck likes me!" Not the same happy as "my real life husband/in game boyfriend proposed to me!" but still. LOL! 

Any friend of video game ducks is a friend of mine!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, katilac said:

Congratulations! What a fun thing to relive, so to speak

My grown kids take their Animal Crossing island very seriously. I get the occasional message like OMG GO WAKE UP SIS RN SHE HAS TO CHECK THE PRICE OF TURNIPS!! 

yes! That's a lot what it was -- just remembering and reliving all those original newly engaged/newlywed feelings, and this weird feeling of "he still likes me!"  Which, is silly, because he shows in tons of ways outside of video games that this is true, but....it was just fun. (we've been married almost 24 yrs)

And oh yes, I well remember when the kids were into Animal Crossing, and those turnip prices were a big deal. LOL! Now they've all switched over to Stardew but it's fun checking in and seeing who has reached what in-game milestone. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Danae said:

Be sure to make yourselves fancy outfits and take a screenshot of the wedding.

Funny you should mention that -- I did try to make a fancy outfit ("long flowy dress"), only, the game categorizes a dress as "pants" so it showed up only as a blue skirt with my white "undershirt" top. Ha! I hadn't realized it wouldn't equip it like a full dress (seriously, why call it a dress instead of a skirt??)

Then I was going to put my tiara on instead of the daisy in my hair, but planned on doing that in the morning.....only, boom, you wake up at 6:00 and you are at the wedding, zero chance of anything at all before hand. 

So, we *did* take screen shots, though (and DH says he likes the flower/daisy better than the tiara, so that was good), and he was just in a regular whatever shirt and fedora, because I didn't look up in time what thing to sew to make him fancy clothes.  But we did get a shot of "the kiss" and of all the confetti throwing after, and we will print them and frame them and put them up in the media room (to go along with the boys' various screen shots of when all 3 made the "winner's circle" on call of duty, and of their pirates on Sea of Thieves, etc....).  Which is, I know, even cheesier, but this is how we roll, LOL! 

It turned out cute ❤️ I tried to upload here but it was giving me an error code.....okay, well, now it shows up, LOL! So, there we are 🙂 

IMG_1325.jpg

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheReader said:

But we did get a shot of "the kiss" and of all the confetti throwing after, and we will print them and frame them and put them up in the media room (to go along with the boys' various screen shots of when all 3 made the "winner's circle" on call of duty, and of their pirates on Sea of Thieves, etc....).  Which is, I know, even cheesier, but this is how we roll, LOL! 

I'll join the cheese club with you. lol We have a framed picture/poster on the wall (2'x3' lol) of a map from a video game and the spot marked on it where dh and I first met. 🙂

One more funny, we have our computers and such in the living room of our smallish house. One time, the cable guy had come out and service inside our house and only dh was home at the time. He asked dh how he convinced me to let him hang all the video game themed art in the living room. Dh laughed and told him, "I didn't have to convince her. She made most of it herself." lol 😛 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, sweet2ndchance said:

I'll join the cheese club with you. lol We have a framed picture/poster on the wall (2'x3' lol) of a map from a video game and the spot marked on it where dh and I first met. 🙂

One more funny, we have our computers and such in the living room of our smallish house. One time, the cable guy had come out and service inside our house and only dh was home at the time. He asked dh how he convinced me to let him hang all the video game themed art in the living room. Dh laughed and told him, "I didn't have to convince her. She made most of it herself." lol 😛 

Oh, that's awesome! On both counts. How fun! 

12 hours ago, katilac said:

I had to come back and say that it's my dd's birthday. I went to ask her something and she says, "Hold on, mom, KK Slider is singing happy birthday to me!" 

He is an Animal Crossing character 😄

Oh my goodness, that is hilarious! LOL!  

On 7/10/2021 at 10:17 PM, katilac said:

Congratulations! What a fun thing to relive, so to speak. 

My grown kids take their Animal Crossing island very seriously. I get the occasional message like OMG GO WAKE UP SIS RN SHE HAS TO CHECK THE PRICE OF TURNIPS!! 

My grown kids bought me a switch last year along with Animal crossing last year. I am addicted to that game, have never been a video game player ever!  My kids play other games but me I am happy being on my island everyday!It truly kept me sane all of last year.

• Like 3