Menu

Dryer capacity

ktgrok

Do I need a 7cu ft capacity dryer, or is 6.5 good enough? No king sized beds here, biggest is queen size and we don't use a thick comforter on it. Just a thinner bedspread (Florida, lol). 

Ours broke, DH has fixed it several times but this time is stumped. And sick of fixing it. We are hoping to move later this year and hate to sink a ton of money into a new dryer that we may very well not take with us. I also live a few minutes away from a laudromat with big dryers if I ever had something weird to dry I guess. 

Go with whatever suits your normal laundry needs and budget.

My only stipulation for a dryer is that I get to control it... so timed dry vs. "fancy" sensor dry. In my experience the sensor was too sensitive and nothing ever got dry. I'd imagine if you're in a humid place, that would only be worse.

7 minutes ago, fraidycat said:

Go with whatever suits your normal laundry needs and budget.

My only stipulation for a dryer is that I get to control it... so timed dry vs. "fancy" sensor dry. In my experience the sensor was too sensitive and nothing ever got dry. I'd imagine if you're in a humid place, that would only be worse.

Yeah, when the humidity is bad here, if you leave stuff in the dryer the humidity comes in via the vent I guess, and stuff can feel almost damp from it!  I haven't had an issue with this dryer regarding the sensor, usually, but I do like a timed option. And no smart screens or whatever, I want knobs!

• Like 1

We have a 5.5 cuft dryer for a 3.5 cuft washer. We find having a much larger dryer than the washer good for drying stuff like jeans because more room to tumble dry. 
So I would pick depending on your washer capacity. If your washer capacity is small, then 6.5 cuft would be good enough. If your washer capacity is 5 cuft and up, I would go for 7 cuft assuming similar cost.