Menu

Manifest series - Netflix

sheryl

6 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

There is no 4th season.  NBC cancelled it within hours of airing the cliffhanger end of season 3, Netflix seems uninterested in picking it for seasons 4, 5, and 6, and it seems that pretty much no one is interested in a series wrap up movie. 

It's a good show.  Which I suppose is what doomed it to cancellation because that's what NBC does with their good shows. 

Oh right I meant 3rd season. I watched it on Netflix and don’t have cable to watch season 3. You would think that since it remained in the top 10 of Netflix for a number of weeks, Netflix could consider it. 

OK, we like season 1 and about 2/3 of the way through it started to go more weird.  We're started S2 E2 the next time we watch and I can see what you mean, it's going in a really strange direction.  

Thanks for the replies.   I was curious.  I wonder about S3 then.  🙂  

I'm in the middle of Season 2. I thought the show was interesting at first, but I'm getting tired of all their pained looks at each other all the time, lol. It feels like it's dragging out with constant crises that don't really lead anywhere. I will probably keep watching, but I'm ticked about there never being a final resolution. Then again, since it's getting good ratings, maybe Netflix will change their minds like they did with Lucifer.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, livetoread said:

I'm in the middle of Season 2. I thought the show was interesting at first, but I'm getting tired of all their pained looks at each other all the time, lol. It feels like it's dragging out with constant crises that don't really lead anywhere. I will probably keep watching, but I'm ticked about there never being a final resolution. Then again, since it's getting good ratings, maybe Netflix will change their minds like they did with Lucifer.

“Pained looks” made me snort espresso.  So true!  And the practiced move with taking off the glasses …

We have watched through season 2, and will watch 3, but I will now laugh at every pained look!  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, crazyforlatin said:

Did it get weird in Season 3? I could see Season 2 heading down that path but not having watched Season 3, if it did get weird, I would like to save $30. 

I quit during season 2. It was already weird enough for me. 

59 minutes ago, Spryte said:

“Pained looks” made me snort espresso.  So true!  And the practiced move with taking off the glasses …

We have watched through season 2, and will watch 3, but I will now laugh at every pained look!  

I know, right? I can imagine the director saying, "Alright, you know the drill. Stare into each other's eyes with The Look and then we'll cut!" And, yes, the glasses. 

• Haha 2

Even though we're in S2 E4 DH and I just started watching this series bc we've been binge watching lol!

I do agree that it's basically an open loop - no resolution, at least at this point in the series.  From what you all are saying it's about to get really strange. 

Are there any other shows like this?  We liked "24" and "Person of Interest" too.  We're also binging on Heartland, a completely different show.  🙂