Menu

First Day of School for 2021/2022 year!

Tomorrow is our "official" first day of school for the new year. We school year round, so it is always just a day I declare as our first day. We have crepes with all the toppings for breakfast, do something fun (either go to the Gathering Place in Tulsa this year or possibly tube down a river) and the First Day of School Otter brings fun school supplies. It's silly but I always loved the first day of school as a kid and with homeschooling I didn't want them to miss it. Although theirs looks different than mine did, it is something the girls look forward to every year. Plus, this is the first year that all my kids are officially, legally, homeschooling! My 5yo would be starting Kindergarten if we did traditional school. It's quite a milestone for me. Also, starting my 8th year at this, which is nuts. I'll have a K'er, 4th, 5th, and 7th graders! This is also when they learn what grade they are in officially since it really doesn't effect any other aspect of their lives. 🙂

Edited by MeaganS
  • Like 13

On 7/5/2021 at 4:30 PM, MeaganS said:

Tomorrow is our "official" first day of school for the new year. We school year round, so it is always just a day I declare as our first day. We have crepes with all the toppings for breakfast, do something fun (either go to the Gathering Place in Tulsa this year or possibly tube down a river) and the First Day of School Otter brings fun school supplies. It's silly but I always loved the first day of school as a kid and with homeschooling I didn't want them to miss it. Although theirs looks different than mine did, it is something the girls look forward to every year. Plus, this is the first year that all my kids are officially, legally, homeschooling! My 5yo would be starting Kindergarten if we did traditional school. It's quite a milestone for me. Also, starting my 8th year at this, which is nuts. I'll have a K'er, 4th, 5th, and 7th graders! This is also when they learn what grade they are in officially since it really doesn't effect any other aspect of their lives. 🙂

That sounds' like a lot of fun! How did your family decide on a First Day of School Otter?