Menu

ISO Writing Club

9 minutes ago, desertflower said:

I don't know if it is what you are looking for, but how about nanowrimo.org? It's a nonprofit organization and has a competition in november. I'm sure there's a forum there where others can talk about writing. Hth

We did this last year. He is hoping for something where he can actually share his work with other kids and get to know them. Something more social. 

• Like 1

Due to Covid a ton of groups now meet online so even if there isn't anything local why don't you look on MeetUp or Facebook for a virtual meet up of young writers?

Also, contact your local library and libraries in your time-zone. Again, a ton of groups have been moved online so if they used to have a Kids Writing Club or anything like it, then it might now be online.

There are websites that people publish their original stories on such as
WattPad
FictionPress
ArchiveOfOurOwn (AO3)
FanFiction
People might review their work. You cant control for the age of participants, but it's naturally self-selecting based on interests.

Someone's only reading your Anthropomorphic Animal Wizard story because they're interested in Anthropomorphic Animals too and like Wizards.

Novice Writers can also look at

Scibophile
Writersrelief (Writing Groups by States)

for articles, support groups and resources to write more.

I'm super picky about my kids being online so I recommend that you create the accounts through your own email so that you can access the accounts that your son uses on these sites just so that you can stay in the loop.

• Like 1