Menu

Daily Movement - Friday, July 2

Jenny in Florida

And we have once again made it to Friday, the beginning of a holiday weekend for those of us in the U.S. 🎆 (<< That is what comes up when one searches "fireworks" among our emoji. Not as visually evocative as I would like, but there you have it.) 

These threads are for those who'd like accountability and encouragement in doing intentional daily movement. Anyone may join in at any time!

It was (still) raining when the dog and I tried to go out walking this morning. I ended up doing a Leslie Sansone video in the living room. The video purports to be equivalent to a three-mile walk, but somehow I never log that much distance or that many steps. I gave myself "credit" for 3.7K (about 2.3 miles). By the time I was done, the rain had cleared, so the dog and I did head outside for a quick 1.1K jaunt. 

Since the video included more arm work than I normally do while walking (and because I was short on time after doing both the video and the short outside walk), I cut back legs and arms today, doing about half of my normal reps and leaving out a couple of exercises.

The dog has her first check-up with a vet close to the new house this afternoon; assuming the weather holds, I plan to walk us there and back for that, which will add about 1.5 miles to the day. We'll see what happens after that.

Summer Splash Challenge Update: 110.7 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 125 Days
West Orange Trail: 3 of 22 miles

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sbgrace said:

That's interesting re: the Leslie distance being off--sounds like it was off a lot for you. 

--

I did my exercise bike cardio. Later I did my legs and core strengthening routines. 

I wonder if it is because when outside walking you take longer strides...therefore more distance.