Menu

What kind of socks are teen girls wearing with tennis shoes / sneakers these days?

MercyA

The kids at work are all about their fandom/funky prints.  No shows because it's summer and they don't want tan lines with their shorts, but if they're going to be indoors or are wearing pants, they wear taller socks that are packed with prints or designs and show them off.  Often mismatched. 

Edited by Lady Marmalade
  • Thanks 1

They wear whatever. My oldest wears white cuffed socks or no-show or her own knitted socks. Her style is plain tees with jeans - no deviation, so socks (with the exception of some of her own creations) are subdued. Middle has to wear compression socks, so she wears knee or thigh high socks, usually mis-matched in funky prints or bright colors (when we found thigh-high hot-pink compressions, you'd think she'd hit the lottery). Youngest wears fandom socks mostly. 

• Thanks 1

My daughter is a college freshman, but she and most of her friends wear either no show socks or knee high socks. LOTS of mostly-white tennis shoes, most commonly Adidas or Nike. Also Converse. I’ve attached two photos to sort of show the knee high socks and the tennis shoe style most of them have (diff colors, of course, but this genera style). 

79498236-C46A-4DD1-9B28-66F786C2900F.jpeg

05DE58A6-D6CC-4B09-8547-599F1859D645.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, easypeasy said:

My daughter is a college freshman, but she and most of her friends wear either no show socks or knee high socks. LOTS of mostly-white tennis shoes, most commonly Adidas or Nike. Also Converse. I’ve attached two photos to sort of show the knee high socks and the tennis shoe style most of them have (diff colors, of course, but this genera style). 

79498236-C46A-4DD1-9B28-66F786C2900F.jpeg

05DE58A6-D6CC-4B09-8547-599F1859D645.jpeg

This, also like to add Vans are very popular.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

There are lots of different sock styles that teen girls are wearing with sneakers these days. Some popular choices include no-show socks, ankle socks, and crew socks. I think that each of them is appropriate in individual situations. It's up to you to decide what looks better on you. It's way harder in my situation. I'm looking for socks for men's wedge sole boots, and all my attempts ended unsuccessfully. I bought a couple of boots for my fiance's birthday. Unfortunately, I'm stuck choosing the socks that will look good on him. Any help would be highly appreciated!