Menu

An Update on Me

Slache

23 minutes ago, Slache said:

My child I thought might be struggling with a cluster b personality disorder has autism.

Does this change how you see your inlaws?

24 minutes ago, Slache said:

but now he's fat

That's wonderful!

I'm glad things are turning around. Don't forget to visit LC to gab all things spectral, spectrumy, spectrumish. :smile:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PeterPan said:

Does this change how you see your inlaws?

I'm glad things are turning around. Don't forget to visit LC to gab all things spectral, spectrumy, spectrumish. :smile:

Not at all. MIL told me she would destroy my marriage and did everything in her power to do so. FIL is so far on the spectrum he rocks when he's stressed, and he's why I suspected it with oldest early on, but MIL is a horrible person. 

Thanks! They're both doing great, but going into 5th and 3rd and I want evaluations just to make sure I'm not missing anything.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

That is a nice update.  Glad things are going well for you all.

One question, can you not get your kids on state insurance since you guys have had a year of no or little income?

We tried. I don't remember the reason we couldn't. We also tried for food stamps and didn't get that either. I am positive we should have gotten both.

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

We tried. I don't remember the reason we couldn't. We also tried for food stamps and didn't get that either. I am positive we should have gotten both.

That's so very frustrating. The system is such a pain to maneuver (I speak from experience). 

• Like 1

I'm glad things are turning around for you and that you have diagnoses that will help you figure out how to move forward for yourself and your youngest.

The bureaucracy b.s. is not surprising, but I'm sorry you got caught up in it.

I'm sorry that your MIL is evil and that the family listens to her. Your poor DH. I hope his relatives smarten up soon.

• Like 1

I’m so sorry that things have been so incredibly hard. It is good to have a clear diagnosis and that has so much impact but you can really address it! I am so glad to hear things are looking up though!! (Hugs)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Slache said:

Sometimes they don't interpret pay stubs well--they will interpret monthly income as weekly, etc. sometimes. When my older son was an infant, this happened with unemployment, and it delayed us getting WIC.

I think WIC is easier to qualify for than some other benefits, but it's been a long time. I would encourage you to apply and see what happens.

• Like 2

Just now, kbutton said:

Sometimes they don't interpret pay stubs well--they will interpret monthly income as weekly, etc. sometimes. When my older son was an infant, this happened with unemployment, and it delayed us getting WIC.

I think WIC is easier to qualify for than some other benefits, but it's been a long time. I would encourage you to apply and see what happens.

We have WIC! Oh my goodness, the formula. He is on special formula for his preemie issues and it's a fortune! Without WIC I'd have started a Go Fund Me. :laugh:

But I wanted insurance until we could afford it and food stamps for the pandemic and got neither. That hurt. I don't know what we would have done if not for the stimuli. We even had 2 friends give or lend us money. It was a mess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

We have WIC! Oh my goodness, the formula. He is on special formula for his preemie issues and it's a fortune! Without WIC I'd have started a Go Fund Me. :laugh:

But I wanted insurance until we could afford it and food stamps for the pandemic and got neither. That hurt. I don't know what we would have done if not for the stimuli. We even had 2 friends give or lend us money. It was a mess.

Formula is $$$ even when it's the normal stuff. I am so glad you are receiving WIC and that your friends helped out. Hugs!

• Like 1