Menu

July Well-Trained Bodies

Laura Corin

I was AWOL here for a couple of days. I have to be at school (for summer school) earlier than I'm used to and I'm missing my 15 minutes for sitting, having breakfast, and checking in here. I'm keeping up with my exercise plan just fine, but my experimental meatless week had to end early. I decided that it's not the healthiest eating plan for me, even if in theory a plant-based diet might be great for my cholesterol level. But I don't eat a wide-enough variety of veggies and I didn't have enough meatless options when plans got derailed by this or that. My weight is actually back up a bit--probably ate too many carbs to fill up.

So, back to my regular July plan of just tracking, limiting calories, and trying to hit my numbers for protein, fiber, and sat fat. 

• Like 3

DH and I went out to NYC today for a bike ride along the Hudson (we live about 2 hr, 15 min away). Our first time back since pandemic. We’ve done the Hudson greenway many times with the kids. Today was just the two of us. Great day. We decided to cut across the city to Central Park - which was even better because more room and everyone going in same direction. But it added length to our trip. We anticipated an hour ride - it ended up being closer to 2.5 hour ride! Topped it off with our favorite pizza place. It was good to be back in the city. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Amethyst said:

DH and I went out to NYC today for a bike ride along the Hudson (we live about 2 hr, 15 min away). Our first time back since pandemic. We’ve done the Hudson greenway many times with the kids. Today was just the two of us. Great day. We decided to cut across the city to Central Park - which was even better because more room and everyone going in same direction. But it added length to our trip. We anticipated an hour ride - it ended up being closer to 2.5 hour ride! Topped it off with our favorite pizza place. It was good to be back in the city. 

What a day! I think I would be terrified riding a bike in NYC, I just do trails here. Sounds like a big fun time and NY pizza to end, yummy! I bet it was even better after that ride.

20 hours ago, Ali in OR said:

I was AWOL here for a couple of days. I have to be at school (for summer school) earlier than I'm used to and I'm missing my 15 minutes for sitting, having breakfast, and checking in here. I'm keeping up with my exercise plan just fine, but my experimental meatless week had to end early. I decided that it's not the healthiest eating plan for me, even if in theory a plant-based diet might be great for my cholesterol level. But I don't eat a wide-enough variety of veggies and I didn't have enough meatless options when plans got derailed by this or that. My weight is actually back up a bit--probably ate too many carbs to fill up.

So, back to my regular July plan of just tracking, limiting calories, and trying to hit my numbers for protein, fiber, and sat fat. 

How long is summer school there? I hate it when my schedule gets thrown off. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 5:59 AM, Soror said:

My July goals:

-get stronger

- keep on working on balanced meals and balanced intake over the day- with an eye toward adequate protein and plenty of fruit and veggies and watching portion sizes on things it is easy to over indulge

- increase gratitude and positivity

The workout plan I had started is not working so I'm trying out some different things this week and plan to start something new on Monday. I will be aiming for a shorter workout(35-45 minutes) as we are starting back to school and my older ones are still at home. I will be primarily focused on strength work with some cardio in there.

I will be using the Daily Dozen checklist to count my fruit, veggie, and whole grain intake. It is quick and easy to use.

I will be using a gratitude journal.

Goal update:

- working towards getting stronger and did find a new workout plan that I'm loving

-food is going well- sufficient protein and fruit/veg but I'm not tracking it in any way

-I did eat more this week- as I'm trying to come out of a deficit- at times I felt maybe I ate too much but I was also in PMS mode. I'm not weighing this weekend with being on my period it won't be accurate anyway. We'll see where I am next weekend and if I hit the mark or have increased food too much.

-I've managed 2 whole days of the gratitude journal and 1 day of meditation- I don't like doing meditation with anyone around so that doesn't work well with what I was trying. Maybe I should try a little meditation in bed at night instead. 

-the gratitude journal feels silly but I was hoping forcing it would help my attitude, IDK

I hit an average of 11k steps a day last week, that is my best since vacation. I'd like to keep at around 10k average. 

I planned for a bike ride this morning but am trying to find my motivation. I'm in the midst of heavy flow and feeling blah although I slept well. 

• Like 5

@Amethyst Your bike ride sounds wonderful! I can't imagine biking in Manhattan, either. Is there a pathway from the river to Central Park? Cool adventure!

@Soror Great job staying on top of all your work-outs and eating. Glad you found a great balance.

@Ali in OR Glad you're able to keep up your exercise routine while working. Are there full classrooms with students, or smaller numbers? How does everyone stay motivated to work? I'm really struggling with my summer grad course. I really hate missing out on good weather to stay indoors and work on my assignments. Hats off to you all!

Dh and I played doubles tennis for 2 hrs yesterday, and we have more doubles tennis lined up this afternoon. I'm also hoping to go for a canoe paddle with ds. 

• Like 4

Summer school is credit recovery only--no taking a math course you haven't taken to try to move ahead. Most of the students are ones I worked with during the year who earned a half credit but didn't complete enough to pass the whole year. Once they complete their work, they're done--out of there. I had a rising senior in there this week who I've worked with every year--has an IEP, works hard, but struggles with math. She did not pass first semester of Alg 1 during the 2019-2020 school year, but she got the automatic pass for second semester (Covid rules), so she just needed to pass the first semester quizzes and tests. She was done in 3 days! I was so proud of her (she had obviously improved her algebra skills a lot as we did work on that a bit in her geometry class this year).

Summer school is scheduled for July 6-Aug 6 (5 weeks). I'm supposed to be there at 8:30 but the am session runs from 9:00-12:00 and the afternoon session runs from 12:45-3:45. There have only been 8 kids in the am and 3 in the pm session, and the afternoon is just 3 kids completing an online algebra 2 course--we tell them to leave when their brain is done, so now we're ending more like 2:45.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wintermom said:

@Amethyst Your bike ride sounds wonderful! I can't imagine biking in Manhattan, either. Is there a pathway from the river to Central Park? Cool adventure!

@Soror 

There is a path all along the Hudson for bikes/rollerbaldes/joggers/walkers. It was quite busy yesterday! There is no path from the Hudson to Central Park, so were rode in the street for that 😬 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, wintermom said:

Dh and I played doubles tennis for 2 hrs yesterday, and we have more doubles tennis lined up this afternoon. I'm also hoping to go for a canoe paddle with ds. 

Dh used to be a huge tennis player. I was no where near as good as he, but on some of these nice summer evenings, I miss it and wish I had gotten better at it. 

Djokovich for the Golden Slam? I’m a Federer fan, and never really got behind Novak but I would like to see him win it. Dh insists that Djokovich is better than Roger was at his height. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Amethyst said:

Dh used to be a huge tennis player. I was no where near as good as he, but on some of these nice summer evenings, I miss it and wish I had gotten better at it. 

Djokovich for the Golden Slam? I’m a Federer fan, and never really got behind Novak but I would like to see him win it. Dh insists that Djokovich is better than Roger was at his height. 

Tennis is a great activity for dh and I to enjoy together. I'm hoping canoeing will be another activity to share with him, but mostly my ds19 joins me for now.

I like Federer as well, and always cheer for him except when a Canadian is playing against him. 😉 It doesn't happen too often. 

• Like 3

Morning, y'all.  Pretty low key weekend as I've been forcing myself to rest my back, but I've been getting tons of steps in getting things ready for a family visit.  We're headed to the park this morning, and I may try to jog a little.  We'll see how it feels! 

My sister-in-law, who arrived yesterday, works for a podiatrist and always supplies me with running shoes.  I was so happy when she handed me a new pair of Brooks!  I'm still using the ones she gave me while I was pregnant, but I wanted 2 pairs so I can rotate them.  It's so wet here in the summer that I need to let them dry out between uses.  @Soror I hope you are liking your new shoes!

Jackson started crawling this weekend, and boy is it wearing me out trying to keep him away from electrical cords and everything else he isn't supposed to touch!  He is very proud of himself, though.  🙂

• Like 5

Quick morning check-in.

I did not get in a bike ride yesterday. My period really knocked me down. I met my step goal only because I forced myself to walk while talking on the phone. I laid down nearly the whole day (fatigue and cramps).

I feel better today although I didn't sleep well (the ice cream and skittles from yesterday surely didn't help).

Upper body strength and walk today.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IvyInFlorida said:

Morning, y'all.  Pretty low key weekend as I've been forcing myself to rest my back, but I've been getting tons of steps in getting things ready for a family visit.  We're headed to the park this morning, and I may try to jog a little.  We'll see how it feels! 

My sister-in-law, who arrived yesterday, works for a podiatrist and always supplies me with running shoes.  I was so happy when she handed me a new pair of Brooks!  I'm still using the ones she gave me while I was pregnant, but I wanted 2 pairs so I can rotate them.  It's so wet here in the summer that I need to let them dry out between uses.  @Soror I hope you are liking your new shoes!

Jackson started crawling this weekend, and boy is it wearing me out trying to keep him away from electrical cords and everything else he isn't supposed to touch!  He is very proud of himself, though.  🙂

Ya for Jackson!!

14 hours ago, wintermom said:

My body feels pretty broken after 2+hrs of tennis. I'll love to paddle this evening, but not sure if I can move my arms. I also have to do more work on my course assignment. 😬 It's coming along, but takes way more time than I'd like

How are you feeling today?

16 hours ago, Amethyst said:

There is a path all along the Hudson for bikes/rollerbaldes/joggers/walkers. It was quite busy yesterday! There is no path from the Hudson to Central Park, so were rode in the street for that 😬 

I bet it was busy. Riding in the streets in NY- oh vey!

20 hours ago, Ali in OR said:

Summer school is credit recovery only--no taking a math course you haven't taken to try to move ahead. Most of the students are ones I worked with during the year who earned a half credit but didn't complete enough to pass the whole year. Once they complete their work, they're done--out of there. I had a rising senior in there this week who I've worked with every year--has an IEP, works hard, but struggles with math. She did not pass first semester of Alg 1 during the 2019-2020 school year, but she got the automatic pass for second semester (Covid rules), so she just needed to pass the first semester quizzes and tests. She was done in 3 days! I was so proud of her (she had obviously improved her algebra skills a lot as we did work on that a bit in her geometry class this year).

Summer school is scheduled for July 6-Aug 6 (5 weeks). I'm supposed to be there at 8:30 but the am session runs from 9:00-12:00 and the afternoon session runs from 12:45-3:45. There have only been 8 kids in the am and 3 in the pm session, and the afternoon is just 3 kids completing an online algebra 2 course--we tell them to leave when their brain is done, so now we're ending more like 2:45.

That sounds more relaxed than the regular year. Do you enjoy it more or prefer regular school?

• Like 4

Good morning, everyone! I took it easy yesterday after our big NYC adventure on Saturday. But I’m continuing to eat right. This morning I’m only half a pound from my first goal weight, so I have renewed enthusiasm for walking, working out, eating right today. Beginning of a new week - always gives me renewed energy!

Edited by Amethyst
  • Like 4

Chest and triceps (30ish min)+ Abs(15 min) Done- My arms are toast.

Workout felt great this morning. Heart rate didn't get very high with working smaller muscles (as opposed to the legs) which felt good after my lazy day.

food for me today:

aiming for at least 3 liters of water (using my water bottle so I can keep track better)

pre-workout- gf steel cut oats; 1/2 banana; nat pb+ cocoa nibs

after: 2 eggs+2 egg whites; gf nut seed toast; spinach

lunch: chicken breast+ mixed green and veggie salad; baked potato; 2 dark chocolate sea salt caramels; raspberries with my water

snack: fruit+ cottage cheese

dinner: chicken + roasted veg fajitas, nf greek yogurt+ salsa verde on soft corn tortilas- spiced pinto beans if I'm feeling extra hungry

Edited by Soror
  • Like 4

30 min on the treadmill this morning.

Another Brooks fan here. I don't try running anymore, but I do need a good shoe that will not cause or exacerbate either plantar fasciitis or extensor tendonitis. I ended up with my first pair of Brooks Adrenalines after Christmas and they've been great.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ali in OR said:

30 min on the treadmill this morning.

Another Brooks fan here. I don't try running anymore, but I do need a good shoe that will not cause or exacerbate either plantar fasciitis or extensor tendonitis. I ended up with my first pair of Brooks Adrenalines after Christmas and they've been great.

I'm on my third pair of Brooks Adrenalines for running. They work really well for my squared-off hobbit feet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Walk yesterday afternoon.

Bought myself a couple of shorts as mine are getting too big. No luck on new exercise shirt- although I work out at home I really wanted a new shirt just for fun. I've not bought one since before Covid.

Woke up too early and did a 10 min walk around the yard before coming downstairs.

Today is LEG DAY! 40 min + 5 min warm-up; primarily lunges today. 

I'll do a 10 min squat and lunge workout at the end if I'm up for it and maybe a 10-15 core workout.

Food- same for breakfast(oats/eggs). Lunch will be a chicken fajita and beans (i think). protein shake for a snack (chocolate protein powder, unsweet almond milk, nf greek yogurt, steamed beet+ raspberries). I don't remember dinner (I might need to plan that today!)

Today's workout:

The timer will be on for 30 seconds per exercise and every 3 movements are combined into a triset so no specific rest in between the 3 movements!

BULGARIAN LUNGE x2 DB PAUSE AT BOTTOM x1 DB FORWARD LEAN LUNGE (Bodyweight)

BULGARIAN LUNGE x2 DB PAUSE AT BOTTOM x1 DB FORWARD LEAN LUNGE (Bodyweight)

Staple LATERAL LUNGE LATERAL LUNGE (switch side) LOW ALTERNATING LATERAL LUNGE

LUNGE TO SQUAT STAGGERED SQUAT x1 DB STAGGERED SQUAT bodyweight

LUNGE TO SQUAT STAGGERED SQUAT x1 DB STAGGERED SQUAT bodyweight

STATIC LUNGE JUMP OR LUNGE STATIC LUNGE (same side) REAR STEP TO LUNGE (same side)

STATIC LUNGE JUMP OR LUNGE STATIC LUNGE (same side) REAR STEP TO LUNGE (same side)

BULGARIAN LUNGE x1 DB RDL RDL TO BULGARIAN LUNGE

BULGARIAN LUNGE x1 DB RDL RDL TO BULGARIAN LUNGE

HAMSTRING LIFT (right side) HAMSTRING HOLD (right side) HAMSTRING LIFT (right side) HAMSTRING LIFT (left side) HAMSTRING LIFT (left side) HAMSTRING LIFT (left side) DOUBLE LEG HOLD

Staple LATERAL LUNGELATERAL LUNGE (switch side) LOW ALTERNATING LATERAL LUNGE

Finisher: LOW SQUAT TO RIGHT LEG LIFT LOW SQUAT TO LEFT LEG LIFT (switch) SQUAT WALK (clockwise)SQUAT WALK (anti clockwise) SUMO PULSESSUMO JUMPS

• Like 5

I'm glad I'm not the only one with square hobbit feet! 

Walk/run intervals yesterday, then on my feet rushing around all day doing food for visiting family and corraling a crawling, teething baby.  We are getting a slow start on things this morning and probably won't make it to the park.  I may not get in any formal exercise today as a result (no weightlifting until my back is ready for it) since family will be coming and going.  That's ok--I'm doing this exercise thing like I do homeschool: it's what we do every day, year round, and when things come up, hey, it's a rest day/day off!  Seems to work, ha.

Food has been kind of different with entertaining family and cooking big meals for them, but I have been just eating small portions and I guess I'm doing ok because the scale is holding firm at 134 (a pretty decent weight for me).

Recently I made a Budget Bytes recipe for Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Rice and it was very good!  I served it with the Sesame Kale from the same site.  I am always trying to get myself to eat more shrimp since it's such a lean protein and my husband likes it...it's one of the few foods I'm kind of moderately repulsed by.  🙂  Too much fishing in the gulf using shrimp as bait, I reckon.  Anyways, thought I'd recommend a tasty, healthy 30 minute meal since I am always on the hunt for those!

@Soror Enjoy leg day!  My fav.

• Like 5

I only got in minimal exercise yesterday - one 30 walk with the dog and one 30 min bike ride. It was just enough to keep me sane. 😉 

I've been glued to my computer working on my grad course assignment. It's a presentation of a literature review I'm conducting. So I have do the lit review (minimum 20 articles), read and categorize the articles, reflect on how this relates to my research question, and put this all in a power point presentation. Arggg! If this isn't pain enough, I then have to write the 20 - 25 page paper in another couple of weeks.  But after that, I'm finally done!!! 😊

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, Soror said:

Chest and triceps (30ish min)+ Abs(15 min) Done- My arms are toast.

Workout felt great this morning. Heart rate didn't get very high with working smaller muscles (as opposed to the legs) which felt good after my lazy day.

food for me today:

aiming for at least 3 liters of water (using my water bottle so I can keep track better)

pre-workout- gf steel cut oats; 1/2 banana; nat pb+ cocoa nibs

after: 2 eggs+2 egg whites; gf nut seed toast; spinach

lunch: chicken breast+ mixed green and veggie salad; baked potato; 2 dark chocolate sea salt caramels; raspberries with my water

snack: fruit+ cottage cheese

dinner: chicken + roasted veg fajitas, nf greek yogurt+ salsa verde on soft corn tortilas- spiced pinto beans if I'm feeling extra hungry

All of this is very impressive, Soror - both the workout and the healthy eating. Inspiring!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, wintermom said:I've been glued to my computer working on my grad course assignment. It's a presentation of a literature review I'm conducting. So I have do the lit review (minimum 20 articles), read and categorize the articles, reflect on how this relates to my research question, and put this all in a power point presentation. Arggg! If this isn't pain enough, I then have to write the 20 - 25 page paper in another couple of weeks.  But after that, I'm finally done!!! 😊

Wow! Sounds intense! Hang in there! The end is in sight!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

All of this is very impressive, Soror - both the workout and the healthy eating. Inspiring!

Thank you! Iron sharpens iron. These ladies have kept me inspired many times when I was having a rough go of it. None of us are killing it all the time every day. There are busy seasons, stressed seasons, sickness, injuries, etc.  I'm feeling good right now and excited to have energy again and in a good groove with eating. 

18 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

@Soror Wow. That’s quite the lunges workout! I’ve been trying to add squats and lunges. I think I have to do my lunges slower so that my balance and form stay good. I find both squats and lunges to be difficult so I tend to ignore. 😕

Yes, much more important to be slow with good form and to do fewer. I was a lot slower than Caroline on several of the exercises today but just moved at a pace that worked for me. It is easy to skip the things we hate! I skipped lunges for the longest time and then when I started doing them they were so hard. It does get easier with practice, I've still got plenty of room for improvement though.

1 hour ago, wintermom said:

I only got in minimal exercise yesterday - one 30 walk with the dog and one 30 min bike ride. It was just enough to keep me sane. 😉 

I've been glued to my computer working on my grad course assignment. It's a presentation of a literature review I'm conducting. So I have do the lit review (minimum 20 articles), read and categorize the articles, reflect on how this relates to my research question, and put this all in a power point presentation. Arggg! If this isn't pain enough, I then have to write the 20 - 25 page paper in another couple of weeks.  But after that, I'm finally done!!! 😊

That sounds like a big PITA. I don't envy you at all!

4 hours ago, IvyInFlorida said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one with square hobbit feet! 

Walk/run intervals yesterday, then on my feet rushing around all day doing food for visiting family and corraling a crawling, teething baby.  We are getting a slow start on things this morning and probably won't make it to the park.  I may not get in any formal exercise today as a result (no weightlifting until my back is ready for it) since family will be coming and going.  That's ok--I'm doing this exercise thing like I do homeschool: it's what we do every day, year round, and when things come up, hey, it's a rest day/day off!  Seems to work, ha.

Food has been kind of different with entertaining family and cooking big meals for them, but I have been just eating small portions and I guess I'm doing ok because the scale is holding firm at 134 (a pretty decent weight for me).

Recently I made a Budget Bytes recipe for Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Rice and it was very good!  I served it with the Sesame Kale from the same site.  I am always trying to get myself to eat more shrimp since it's such a lean protein and my husband likes it...it's one of the few foods I'm kind of moderately repulsed by.  🙂  Too much fishing in the gulf using shrimp as bait, I reckon.  Anyways, thought I'd recommend a tasty, healthy 30 minute meal since I am always on the hunt for those!

@Soror Enjoy leg day!  My fav.

Have fun with your family today! Thank you for the recipe- I need to be looking on her site for some new ideas I've been trying new recipes this summer and I need to make my weekly menu. I'm ok on shrimp, the kids are mixed.

• Like 3

Workouts DONE! (Legs+ Squat+ Lunge Add-on+ Abs). 

I still find Bulgarian split squats to be very unpleasant and was feeling worried when that was in the first set but the others weren't nearly so bad.

I really enjoyed the Core video today- some modification needed for me to keep good form but very enjoyable

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Soror said:

Strength- Back and Biceps today; add-on is Biceps 

Groggy today after taking Benadryl last night, a red wasp got my shoulder right before bed and it was all swollen and sore.

Ouch!

I'm back from my weekend away. Lots of housework to do but I expect to take a longish walk too. It's 21 degrees C and sunny,  which is close to Scotland limits.

• Like 4

Did a walking workout video this morning. And I have a few moments to sit before I head off to school. I have been really enjoying that since shutdown began--15 minutes sitting before I start my day. I believe start of day will return to 8:00am for fall (it was 9:00 this past Zoom year), and I may have to give it up.

• Like 4

Back and Biceps DONE! 55min all together

Finished my current batch of steel cut oatmeal so I have some banana baked oatmeal in the oven for upcoming breakfasts-

-I cut out the flaxseed and maple syrup-added 2 eggs and 2T cocoa nibs (unsweetened)

https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/banana-baked-oatmeal/#wprm-recipe-container-20369

I'm going to make this frittata for my after my workout meal (adding in some bell peppers)-- I'm ready from a change from scrambled eggs and it will save me some time. I've never had cottage cheese like this but the reviews are good.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/cottage-cheese-egg-and-sausage-frittata/

• Like 3

I have a question for those of you who are more experienced with lunges than I am. 

Is there a difference between side lunges and lateral lunges? I’ve seen videos where you are supposed to start with feet together and then step to the side into the lunge. But I’ve recently seen video of starting with feet wide apart and just sort of leaning into the lunge. Do you recommend one style or the other? Both? Tips?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Amethyst said:

I have a question for those of you who are more experienced with lunges than I am. 

Is there a difference between side lunges and lateral lunges? I’ve seen videos where you are supposed to start with feet together and then step to the side into the lunge. But I’ve recently seen video of starting with feet wide apart and just sort of leaning into the lunge. Do you recommend one style or the other? Both? Tips?

I think it is just a different way of getting into it. I think it is easier to do with good form when stepping out- but that is just my feeling. If you stay low going back and forth you can feel the burn more. I do both.

Edited by Soror
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am doing better with exercise this week than last week, which is good because I just ate a huge brownie. It's one of those days around here (I just told my kids to play on their tablets because I need time to make Grumpy Mom go away). What I'd really like to do is more cardio or take a nap. Neither one is in the cards today, sadly.

Blah...even the weather here is matching my mood. Hopefully rain holds off long enough to go for a walk with the kids once Grumpy Mom disappears!

• Like 4

Planned to do the longer, easier dumbbell workout but wasted too much time and ended up doing the shorter, harder dumbbell workout. I was able to increase weight for one set of exercises. And then there's the bench-press while bicycling the legs for which I don't use any weights at all--it hurts my lower back. I just bicycled while pushing nothing, but maybe next time I'll bench press without bicycling.

• Like 3

Today is full body calisthenics- body weight strength work. Variations of push-ups, squats, lunges, planks etc. Might do a glute and hamstring add on.

My baked oatmeal and frittata are both very good. I'll be making those again. 

• Like 2

Yesterday I did walk/run intervals at the park for 45 mins, then went shopping with my mom and walked all over creation, haha.  Will be heading for the park again this morning in a few minutes, hopefully will do weight lifting after lunch if my back cooperates, and then will walk for an hour tonight while my oldest son is in basketball practice.  Should be a nice, active day and I'm looking forward to it!

All this paddling and hiking y'all are doing is making me jealous! 

• Like 4

Self brag!  
Completed Day 1 of Week 4 in C25k. I know it’s not the same on an elliptical, but I’ve been terrified to tackle it. Two 5 minute jogs (plus two 3 minute jogs) is probably harder than I’ve ever pushed myself with cardio. I’ll push weights till I break, but I’m a cardio wuss. I spent 47.5 hrs dreading this. But I got it done!

Honestly, I felt like garbage at the end and needed an extra long cool down. But now that it’s done, yay!  
My few little body weight exercises after suffered, so I’m going to have to convince myself to move to in between days. Not sure I trust my willpower though. 

• Like 5

Feeling good about a decent week of exercise. I did my usual weights and core on Tuesday and Thursday, and I walked on Monday and Wednesday. I am planning to meet a friend tonight to walk again. Tomorrow will be the real test—I want to do a good rotation of abs and steps. Often I say I will do it on the weekend and then never get around to it.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Carrie12345 said:

Self brag!  
Completed Day 1 of Week 4 in C25k. I know it’s not the same on an elliptical, but I’ve been terrified to tackle it. Two 5 minute jogs (plus two 3 minute jogs) is probably harder than I’ve ever pushed myself with cardio. I’ll push weights till I break, but I’m a cardio wuss. I spent 47.5 hrs dreading this. But I got it done!

Honestly, I felt like garbage at the end and needed an extra long cool down. But now that it’s done, yay!  
My few little body weight exercises after suffered, so I’m going to have to convince myself to move to in between days. Not sure I trust my willpower though. 

Ya!!! Congrats! Cardio is my weaker spot too.  I'd not stress about the other exercises just yet. You are working on establishing the one habit and that takes a lot of mental and physical energy. 

4 hours ago, IvyInFlorida said:

Yesterday I did walk/run intervals at the park for 45 mins, then went shopping with my mom and walked all over creation, haha.  Will be heading for the park again this morning in a few minutes, hopefully will do weight lifting after lunch if my back cooperates, and then will walk for an hour tonight while my oldest son is in basketball practice.  Should be a nice, active day and I'm looking forward to it!

All this paddling and hiking y'all are doing is making me jealous! 

Fingers crossed for you Ivy. Injuries and pains stink.

28 minutes ago, Harriet Vane said:

Feeling good about a decent week of exercise. I did my usual weights and core on Tuesday and Thursday, and I walked on Monday and Wednesday. I am planning to meet a friend tonight to walk again. Tomorrow will be the real test—I want to do a good rotation of abs and steps. Often I say I will do it on the weekend and then never get around to it.

You'll have to report back. I try to focus most of my exercise during the week but would like to get more longer outings on the weekend. I've not been good about that for various reasons. I'm hoping to get beter with that myself.

• Like 4