Menu

Need prayers...

WildflowerMom

Once they get him actually into an ICU bed, dh and I will leave.  We’re still in an ER bed because hospital is packed.   Ds is feeling better, thank god. Doctor says he thinks it will take him only about 12 hours to get out of DKA, so we’re praying he may go home tomorrow afternoon or Friday.   This has been the week from hell for him.   

• Like 27

1 hour ago, Ditto said:

How is he doing now?   I'm praying for him.   Poor guy is going through hell and to deal with this on top of it is just extra awful.

I hope he gets to go back home today. I feel so sad for his that his long term girlfriend turned out to be such a cheating rat. It’s just heartbreaking. 😢

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I will keep praying!

You don’t have to answer this, but it sounds like she was cheating on him with his friend/roommate? 

Ugh! I hope that’s not the case, because that would be magnitudes worse. 😞 

The most important thing right now is getting him well enough to get home from the hospital. And in the end, it’s better that he saw his now-ex-girlfriend for who she really is, before they got engaged or married. And if his friend is a lying weasel who would do something awful to him, well... it’s better to know that, too. But that doesn’t make it any less heartbreaking for your poor son.

Will he be moving back home with you, so you can help him get through this?

Edited by Catwoman
Forgot something!
  • Like 1

Yes, dh took the day off earlier this week and we moved ds’ stuff into storage and he is home with us for now (hopefully a long time, but who knows).   

And there’s more than just the one, iykwim… 

I’m going to edit my earlier post so please don’t quote, but yes, it’s mind-boggling.  but hey, at least he knows and is away from that toxic crap.  

• Like 6

I’m so glad he moved back home!!!

And maybe in the end, it will be better that it was “more than one,” because that reflects completely on her and the type of person she is, and not on your son.

It would be worse if there was a new “true love,” because then your son might be wondering what he did wrong and what made someone else more appealing to her than him. If she has been with multiple other guys, it means she is just a cheating jerk, and it there was probably nothing your son did to cause it, and nothing he could have done to prevent it. And he needs to keep reminding himself of that! 

Edited to add — I can delete this post any time you want me to!

Edited by Catwoman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm sending positive thoughts, too and am sorry he's suffering physically and emotionally.   Betrayal is hard to get through.  😞  And you never want to see your child heartbroken.  Hope he improves and can go home tomorrow.  Hugs to both of you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WildflowerMom said:

Thanks y’all!   Yes, cat, I totally agree.   He knows it wasn’t anything to do with him.     

Even though he knows it doesn't have anything to do with him, it still hurts like hell (which I know you know).  I'm glad he moved back home where he can get the extra love and support he very much needs right now.   My heart just hurts for him.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ditto said:

Even though he knows it doesn't have anything to do with him, it still hurts like hell (which I know you know).  I'm glad he moved back home where he can get the extra love and support he very much needs right now.   My heart just hurts for him.   

Ours too.  It’s been a whirlwind of emotions for all of us this week. Sad, anger, fear when the DKA hit.  Ds had just started lamictal for BP and they didn’t give him his dose last night, so now he’s really on edge.  They are giving it to him tonite, thankfully.  There was a med reason they didn’t give it last night with everything else going on.  I’m hoping we can get home tomorrow and rest.  We’re setting his room back up for now and I hope he’ll stay a while.   We put everything in storage this week because he was bound and determined to find another apartment but I think he’s realizing he needs to recover from everything.    He is *very* anti-drama and this week has been anything but that!    

• Like 3
  • Sad 4