Menu

Landscaping/Garden Help

LifeLovePassion

I have 5 areas that I need attention. I need some inspiration and would love to see pictures of your similar spaces. Here's what we currently have:

Area 1-front of the house. We took out some windows and I need to fill in the space with either a taller plant/tree or a hardscape feature. The hosta and day lilies will be split and moved to area 2. I plan to move in some sun loving perennials from area 4 up here. 
Area 2-pine trees. This space is 32 x 60, I will be bringing in dirt. This area will have hosta, and day lilies as well as some lily of the valley and ferns from area 3. I may try to plant grass or make a path through the space. All of the bigger boulders and rocks can be moved to any area.
Area 3-behind the house. The ferns, and shade plants will all get moved under the pine trees. This space needs a patio and fire pit added. 
Area 4-sun perennials. These will all get pulled out. Whatever doesn't get used in other areas will go. 
Area 5-septic system. I am looking to primarily hardscape this area with rock/minimal plants.

PXL_20210630_153714893_2.jpg

PXL_20210630_153730130_2.jpg

PXL_20210630_153805467_2.jpg

PXL_20210630_153823818_2.jpg

PXL_20210630_153827652_2.jpg

PXL_20210630_153904072_2.jpg

Edited by LifeLovePassion

I would highly recommend not hardscaping over the tanks. They need to occasionally be accessed. I made the mistake of planting a flower garden over mine and it had to be ripped up when the septic backed up once. Now I have lots of potted plants there that can be easily moved to access the tank

Edited by Melissa in Australia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Melissa in Australia said:

I would highly recommend not hardscaping over the tanks. They need to occasionally be accessed. I made the mistake of planting a flower garden over mine and it has to be ripped up when the septic backed up once. Now I have lots of potted plants there that can be easily moved to access the tank

This is more of what I am thinking...some way to disguise everything a bit. Either pots/fake rocks to cover the covers, etc. I just need inspiration!

• Like 1

Agreeing that I wouldn't put anything over a septic tank that I wasn't okay with being dug up occasionally. At least the area around the tank lid(s) needs to be easily accessible. We have a raised concrete "box" that's an access to our septic pump. I have a resin bird bath and two pots of flowers on it to make it look a bit nicer. Our septic lids (we have two) are covered by grass.

• 4 months later...