Jump to content

Menu

July Frugalistas 2021


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, hjffkj said:

Sweet indeed. Sadly for them and me, mostly them though, both dogs are pretty poor health. I imagine neither has another year in them. I've already accepted that it is pretty likely I'll be dealing with an emergency situation with at least one of them this summer.

Awww, those poor puppies.  How old are they?  My older dog is starting to decline and it is just sad to see.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hjffkj said:

dh got me 4 blueberry bushes for my birthday!

Awww.   I wanted to get some this year.  I have planted blueberry, raspberries, blackberries a bunch of times and never gotten any fruit.  I don't have a green thumb.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hjffkj said:

Oh man, I really need to get on that. There are so many good deals right now

Yes there are.  There were all last year before the holidays too.  I have to try and not forget what I buy months before.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mommyoffive said:

Awww.   I wanted to get some this year.  I have planted blueberry, raspberries, blackberries a bunch of times and never gotten any fruit.  I don't have a green thumb.

Raspberries and blackberries are easy for me. I have planted blueberries one other time and they died but it is cause I waited too long to get them into the ground. Here's hoping this time works. I will also be transplanting some raspberries and blackberries from my parents' house. It is the wrong time of year to transplant but I might as well try before buying them.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mommyoffive said:

Yes there are.  There were all last year before the holidays too.  I have to try and not forget what I buy months before.  

I write everything down in a very orderly list so I don't forget what I get throughout the year.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ds got his school shopping done and dd got a pair of shoes and tshirt. Dd still needs at least 1 new pair of shorts, another pair of shoes, and more tshirts but that will have to wait until I budget more next pay check.

I've been working way more than usual this month. I think I'll have enough this check to top of my vaca savings, taxings for Sep, and put a bit into the 'new' car fund.

I refuse to buy anything for Christmas this early for my kids. They change their minds a million times about they want between now and then!

Edited by Soror
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Soror said:

Ds got his school shopping done and dd got a pair of shoes and tshirt. Dd still needs at least 1 new pair of shorts, another pair of shoes, and more tshirts but that will have to wait until I budget more next pay check.

I've been working way more than usual this month. I think I'll have enough this check to top of my vaca savings, taxings for Sep, and put a bit into the 'new' car fund.

I refuse to buy anything for Christmas this early for my kids. They change their minds a million times about they want between now and then!

Yeah, I so most of the extended family shopping this early. I save the kids for September and October.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Soror said:

Ds got his school shopping done and dd got a pair of shoes and tshirt. Dd still needs at least 1 new pair of shorts, another pair of shoes, and more tshirts but that will have to wait until I budget more next pay check.

I've been working way more than usual this month. I think I'll have enough this check to top of my vaca savings, taxings for Sep, and put a bit into the 'new' car fund.

I refuse to buy anything for Christmas this early for my kids. They change their minds a million times about they want between now and then!

Yeah my kids don't really change their minds.  What they want ties to what they are interested in.  They always want some new dance gear, they all love Lego and want new sets, the girls like craft things, my ds likes boys crafts or Kiwi crates, and my youngest is happy with pretty much anything.  I get them all new clothes and shoes too. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, hjffkj said:

I write everything down in a very orderly list so I don't forget what I get throughout the year.

I like just putting it all in one area and then dh and I go through it the night before and it is a lot of fun for us to surprise ourselves with things we forgot we bought.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Middle DD's birthday is Sunday, so youngest wrapped her presents yesterday. DD chose Steak n Shake for her birthday takeout. I have set aside some of our Entertainment budget for a while to cover it. Youngest is planning some sort of cake, and middle wants a cheesecake bar that I'll make tomorrow.

DH's car is home. We had to dip into the unassigned savings to cover it, but I got about 1/2 of the $ to replace by tightly squeezing the next month's budget. 

I talked to my boss about extra hours. She's all for it, but it has to be approved by the library board to go over 19 hours. For now, I'm adding 3 hours to bring me up to 19 hours - I think I'll work 5 hours M, T, & W since kids haven't started school yet. The money is actually about what I'll bring home at 20 hours, but I won't get paid time off or the pension plan (where the extra hour of pay would go). She wants me to present the budget to the board next week since she & I have been working on a proposal for an amendment. So, another hour or two of pay with that meeting (although I'll be earning my pay with the anxiety of that one)

Contemplating riding a bike to work sometimes since it cost almost $50 to fill up this week. Um, I haven't ridden a bike in years, but the library is only 2.1 miles away. I can do that, right? 

I got some Kohl's cash for buying clothes for oldest last week. I'll have to make some time to get over there this coming week and use it up - maybe a Christmas present for MIL or a shirt for me? 

VIPKid gave me a $12 bonus for opening 1 slot this morning as I've been neglecting to open any slots lately. No takers, but $12 just for getting up this morning. 

Doing a menu plan and grocery list this morning. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

Middle DD's birthday is Sunday, so youngest wrapped her presents yesterday. DD chose Steak n Shake for her birthday takeout. I have set aside some of our Entertainment budget for a while to cover it. Youngest is planning some sort of cake, and middle wants a cheesecake bar that I'll make tomorrow.

DH's car is home. We had to dip into the unassigned savings to cover it, but I got about 1/2 of the $ to replace by tightly squeezing the next month's budget. 

I talked to my boss about extra hours. She's all for it, but it has to be approved by the library board to go over 19 hours. For now, I'm adding 3 hours to bring me up to 19 hours - I think I'll work 5 hours M, T, & W since kids haven't started school yet. The money is actually about what I'll bring home at 20 hours, but I won't get paid time off or the pension plan (where the extra hour of pay would go). She wants me to present the budget to the board next week since she & I have been working on a proposal for an amendment. So, another hour or two of pay with that meeting (although I'll be earning my pay with the anxiety of that one)

Contemplating riding a bike to work sometimes since it cost almost $50 to fill up this week. Um, I haven't ridden a bike in years, but the library is only 2.1 miles away. I can do that, right? 

I got some Kohl's cash for buying clothes for oldest last week. I'll have to make some time to get over there this coming week and use it up - maybe a Christmas present for MIL or a shirt for me? 

VIPKid gave me a $12 bonus for opening 1 slot this morning as I've been neglecting to open any slots lately. No takers, but $12 just for getting up this morning. 

Doing a menu plan and grocery list this morning. 

Happy Birthday to your dd!  I hope she has a great day.

Fingers crossed for no more car issues for awhile.

Thinking good thoughts that you get the ok for more hours.

I think you can ride to work.  I would probably ease into it a bit.  But if you are in shape doing other things, you will probably be fine.

Nice getting little amounts from Vipkid.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Soror said:

Ds got his school shopping done and dd got a pair of shoes and tshirt. Dd still needs at least 1 new pair of shorts, another pair of shoes, and more tshirts but that will have to wait until I budget more next pay check.

I've been working way more than usual this month. I think I'll have enough this check to top of my vaca savings, taxings for Sep, and put a bit into the 'new' car fund.

I refuse to buy anything for Christmas this early for my kids. They change their minds a million times about they want between now and then!

Did you ever find out if things were changing at Vipkids?  Did it all work out fine?  Awesome job working so much and getting all those things done!  Did you decide where you are going next year?   I hope things are much better by summer.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Condessa said:

We finished the refinance on our mortgage.  Only a small difference in interest rate (.25% less), but it will knock off the PMI, so our total monthly payment will be about $180 less.

You are rocking financial stuff this month!  $180 is a nice monthly savings.  Yay!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

You are rocking financial stuff this month!  $180 is a nice monthly savings.  Yay!!

Thanks.  I feel like I have to get everything done right now in this window between morning sickness and the last trimester.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Condessa said:

Thanks.  I feel like I have to get everything done right now in this window between morning sickness and the last trimester.

Super smart.  Much easier to do it now than when the baby comes too and you are so tired.  How are you feeling?   Are you finding out the gender of the baby?   Oh I just looked and you are having a tie breaker!  How fun.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Super smart.  Much easier to do it now than when the baby comes too and you are so tired.  How are you feeling?   Are you finding out the gender of the baby?   Oh I just looked and you are having a tie breaker!  How fun.

I’ve been feeling much better.  Only one sick day this past week.  This one is another boy.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Condessa said:

I’ve been feeling much better.  Only one sick day this past week.  This one is another boy.

Yay I am glad you are feeling better.  Awww a little boy!  Congrats.   Are the kids super excited? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Yay I am glad you are feeling better.  Awww a little boy!  Congrats.   Are the kids super excited? 

Thank you!  Yes, they are all excited, but especially my youngest. He talks and sings to the baby constantly.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2021 at 8:57 AM, mommyoffive said:

Did you ever find out if things were changing at Vipkids?  Did it all work out fine?  Awesome job working so much and getting all those things done!  Did you decide where you are going next year?   I hope things are much better by summer.  

No, I haven't. I'm guessing there is still a lot of back door negotiating going on right now. Just waiting and seeing what happens, hoping for the best.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:03 AM, Condessa said:

We finished the refinance on our mortgage.  Only a small difference in interest rate (.25% less), but it will knock off the PMI, so our total monthly payment will be about $180 less.

Congrats on getting your stuff done, that is so smart before the baby comes.

On 7/23/2021 at 8:50 AM, historically accurate said:

Middle DD's birthday is Sunday, so youngest wrapped her presents yesterday. DD chose Steak n Shake for her birthday takeout. I have set aside some of our Entertainment budget for a while to cover it. Youngest is planning some sort of cake, and middle wants a cheesecake bar that I'll make tomorrow.

DH's car is home. We had to dip into the unassigned savings to cover it, but I got about 1/2 of the $ to replace by tightly squeezing the next month's budget. 

I talked to my boss about extra hours. She's all for it, but it has to be approved by the library board to go over 19 hours. For now, I'm adding 3 hours to bring me up to 19 hours - I think I'll work 5 hours M, T, & W since kids haven't started school yet. The money is actually about what I'll bring home at 20 hours, but I won't get paid time off or the pension plan (where the extra hour of pay would go). She wants me to present the budget to the board next week since she & I have been working on a proposal for an amendment. So, another hour or two of pay with that meeting (although I'll be earning my pay with the anxiety of that one)

Contemplating riding a bike to work sometimes since it cost almost $50 to fill up this week. Um, I haven't ridden a bike in years, but the library is only 2.1 miles away. I can do that, right? 

I got some Kohl's cash for buying clothes for oldest last week. I'll have to make some time to get over there this coming week and use it up - maybe a Christmas present for MIL or a shirt for me? 

VIPKid gave me a $12 bonus for opening 1 slot this morning as I've been neglecting to open any slots lately. No takers, but $12 just for getting up this morning. 

Doing a menu plan and grocery list this morning. 

Ya for extra hours! Fingers crossed she can up you more. Wonderful idea to bike to work, that would be good for the budget and your body. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We got a letter from dh's college today that he is entitled to $753 refund from the summer class. This is almost exactly the same as they just made us pay a couple of weeks ago! So annoying but very glad we are getting that back, we'll be putting it back into funds I had to rob from. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Soror said:

We got a letter from dh's college today that he is entitled to $753 refund from the summer class. This is almost exactly the same as they just made us pay a couple of weeks ago! So annoying but very glad we are getting that back, we'll be putting it back into funds I had to rob from. 

Sweet!!!  That is super awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Yay that is done!   I hope it sells fast.  Did your parents up their price because of the other house?

I upped the price without telling them.  worse case scenario is I lower the price in a week 🙂

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My month just got more expensive.  4 kids need braces/invisalign.  One kid probably 2 rounds.  3 expanders.    We are going to go ahead with 2 kids.  The other 2 need to go back in 6 months to see if their teeth are ready.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mommyoffive said:

My month just got more expensive.  4 kids need braces/invisalign.  One kid probably 2 rounds.  3 expanders.    We are going to go ahead with 2 kids.  The other 2 need to go back in 6 months to see if their teeth are ready.

Ack! Yeah, I have 3 kids, and they ended up with 4 sets of braces. It's crazy. You did remind me I have to make next month's ortho appointment. 

Medical bills will be rolling in here:

DD's headache specialist wants a MRI of her head as the meds aren't reducing her migraines. So, I'll have to set that up this week. She has not covered her deductible yet, so it'll probably be $$. 

Oldest has been wearing a knee brace this summer. She told me that it "hurt", so I've been kind of ignoring it. She had surgery on it when she was 11, and it periodically hurts. However, Grandma was over on Sunday, and she commented on the knee brace. DD stood up and moved her knee cap way to the side! Something is seriously out of whack. So I made her an appointment with the orthopedist before she goes back to college. Hoping no surgery required (google search came up with "surgery unlikely", so hopeful).

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dh's company just put in full pay paternity leave.  I am so upset about this.  Dh never was able to take any time off for the kids.  The kids were sometimes born on Friday or Saturday and he was back at work on Monday.   Really burns me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t know if this helps anyone, but we have/had 4 kids in braces. Our state insurance (the kids have Molina) covered three of the four kids braces totally. One kid they denied as a cosmetic procedure, which the orthodontist did not agree with but we decided not to appeal since the other three were covered. We did not even know this was a thing, our dental hygienist clued us in. We were go smacked to have the three paid for 

Edited by saraha
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, saraha said:

I don’t know if this helps anyone, but we have/had 4 kids in braces. Our state insurance (the kids have Molina) covered three of the four kids braces totally. One kid they denied as a cosmetic procedure, which the orthodontist did not agree with but we decided not to appeal since the other three were covered. We did not even know this was a thing, our dental hygienist clued us in. We were go smacked to have the three paid for 

Wow, that is really amazing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, historically accurate said:

Ack! Yeah, I have 3 kids, and they ended up with 4 sets of braces. It's crazy. You did remind me I have to make next month's ortho appointment. 

Medical bills will be rolling in here:

DD's headache specialist wants a MRI of her head as the meds aren't reducing her migraines. So, I'll have to set that up this week. She has not covered her deductible yet, so it'll probably be $$. 

Oldest has been wearing a knee brace this summer. She told me that it "hurt", so I've been kind of ignoring it. She had surgery on it when she was 11, and it periodically hurts. However, Grandma was over on Sunday, and she commented on the knee brace. DD stood up and moved her knee cap way to the side! Something is seriously out of whack. So I made her an appointment with the orthopedist before she goes back to college. Hoping no surgery required (google search came up with "surgery unlikely", so hopeful).

We can cry together when we make ortho payments.   We are on the books and paying.  Yay!  😞

 

Oh I am sorry your dd is dealing with migraines.  That is zero fun.  I get migraines too, but it didn't happen until after I had kids.  I hope they can figure out a solution for her and give her some relief.  Ugh about the MRI.

Hoping your oldest doesn't have any serious issues going on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, saraha said:

I don’t know if this helps anyone, but we have/had 4 kids in braces. Our state insurance (the kids have Molina) covered three of the four kids braces totally. One kid they denied as a cosmetic procedure, which the orthodontist did not agree with but we decided not to appeal since the other three were covered. We did not even know this was a thing, our dental hygienist clued us in. We were go smacked to have the three paid for 

I've had 3 paid for by state insurance as well but I doubt I will be able to get the next one paid for.  Not because child isn't eligible but because the waiting list has become huge.  As of 3 years ago (when my most recent child got braces), there were 2 ortho in our entire state who accepted the state insurance so people were traveling upwards of 5 hours each way just to get braces for their kids.  And because of the demand (and low reimbursement) the ortho has had to limit how many patients he accepts.  Last I heard the waitlist was over 3 years long just to get an evaluation (and typically it took 6-8 months from that point to get the approval through the state insurance).  I've been so grateful for the coverage we got but because we never could have afforded it.  Kiddo #5 doesn't need braces (only one of the bunch, we also paid for kiddo #1).  #6 will need braces but that's a few years off yet.  By then several of the olders should be financially independent so that should free up the money to cover #6's braces.  Hopefully other states will have more/better options.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cjzimmer1 said:

I've had 3 paid for by state insurance as well but I doubt I will be able to get the next one paid for.  Not because child isn't eligible but because the waiting list has become huge.  As of 3 years ago (when my most recent child got braces), there were 2 ortho in our entire state who accepted the state insurance so people were traveling upwards of 5 hours each way just to get braces for their kids.  And because of the demand (and low reimbursement) the ortho has had to limit how many patients he accepts.  Last I heard the waitlist was over 3 years long just to get an evaluation (and typically it took 6-8 months from that point to get the approval through the state insurance).  I've been so grateful for the coverage we got but because we never could have afforded it.  Kiddo #5 doesn't need braces (only one of the bunch, we also paid for kiddo #1).  #6 will need braces but that's a few years off yet.  By then several of the olders should be financially independent so that should free up the money to cover #6's braces.  Hopefully other states will have more/better options.

Oh wow.  I never even knew that was something you could do.  You have to be on state insurance which would mean you have to meet income requirements correct?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And today was the big day at the dentist. Oldest's work done today is now split into 4 payments (coincides with my next 4 paychecks). Youngest needs all sorts of work - her teeth have always been super hard to clean, even when I used to brush her teeth her teeth always need extra cleaning - I think it's her tiny mouth. So, she had three cavities, special $$$ toothpaste (the traveling hygienist was shocked that the other hygienist gave us a free sample), and they want to see her every 4 months while her braces are on. That means an extra $100 a year since we'll have to pay out of pocket for that 3rd cleaning. Middle has a chip that will get fixed in September - we were waiting for her braces to come off. So, the dentist is gonna get lots of $ from us over the next few months. 

State ortho: we've always had good insurance through DH, so my kids haven't been on AllKids although we have qualified. We qualify now for that matter, but we've just always gone with DH's. But several friends' kids have tried to get ortho on the state plan, and I don't know of one who got ortho approved. One kid's teeth literally stuck out between his lips when his mouth was closed, and they deemed it "cosmetic". Another kid's teeth didn't close together when he bit down, and nope, no payment. IL doesn't have enough money I guess. 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

State ortho: we've always had good insurance through DH, so my kids haven't been on AllKids although we have qualified. We qualify now for that matter, but we've just always gone with DH's. But several friends' kids have tried to get ortho on the state plan, and I don't know of one who got ortho approved. One kid's teeth literally stuck out between his lips when his mouth was closed, and they deemed it "cosmetic". Another kid's teeth didn't close together when he bit down, and nope, no payment. IL doesn't have enough money I guess. 

I am sorry about this. I don't know why they accepted the three they did and rejected the one, but we weren't looking a gift horse in the mouth. I wonder if it has something to do with us having both dh's employer insurance and the state insurance. I think in Ohio there must be different rules for if you also have employer insurance, because even when we eeked over the income limits, jfs has always renewed our coverage. The only downside we have found is that anything Molina pays does not count towards our deductable with our blue cross

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, historically accurate said:

And today was the big day at the dentist. Oldest's work done today is now split into 4 payments (coincides with my next 4 paychecks). Youngest needs all sorts of work - her teeth have always been super hard to clean, even when I used to brush her teeth her teeth always need extra cleaning - I think it's her tiny mouth. So, she had three cavities, special $$$ toothpaste (the traveling hygienist was shocked that the other hygienist gave us a free sample), and they want to see her every 4 months while her braces are on. That means an extra $100 a year since we'll have to pay out of pocket for that 3rd cleaning. Middle has a chip that will get fixed in September - we were waiting for her braces to come off. So, the dentist is gonna get lots of $ from us over the next few months. 

State ortho: we've always had good insurance through DH, so my kids haven't been on AllKids although we have qualified. We qualify now for that matter, but we've just always gone with DH's. But several friends' kids have tried to get ortho on the state plan, and I don't know of one who got ortho approved. One kid's teeth literally stuck out between his lips when his mouth was closed, and they deemed it "cosmetic". Another kid's teeth didn't close together when he bit down, and nope, no payment. IL doesn't have enough money I guess. 

UGH! I have 2 kids with tiny mouths too and it has certainly made it harder to keep teeth clean. Ds is not but didn't have any trouble until this year. I don't know about you but the dental is different than medical with such a small amount they pay out, it is frustrating.

19 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

My month just got more expensive.  4 kids need braces/invisalign.  One kid probably 2 rounds.  3 expanders.    We are going to go ahead with 2 kids.  The other 2 need to go back in 6 months to see if their teeth are ready.

Ouch, that is painful!

On 7/25/2021 at 9:46 PM, hjffkj said:

the house is listed!

good luck!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I am approved for up to 25 hours at the library now. I'm working 19 this week, and 20 next week. With all of the medical testing and appointments coming up, we'll see how the schedule shakes out after that. 

Very sleepy this morning - we had loud storms and a very terrified cat who wanted to sleep on my face. *sigh*  I thought that would get better after the kids were old enough to not come into my bedroom during storms lol.

I picked up school lunches this morning, and it's the last day for a while f(possibly last day ever? decisions haven't been made yet according to the lady), so we got a little bit of everything as they must've been cleaning out their cupboards. Kids should be happy - they have tons of choices now. 

I have a slew of new face masks coming (I bought a couple, and a generous member here just mailed me some), but I'm saving to get middle DD a filtered mask as she's started volunteering at our local science museum every week. My county and 2 surrounding counties were just placed on the orange CDC list. DD's vaccinated, but with her heart condition, we think Covid would be brutal. 

I have to gather all of the school stuff and see where we stand with it this coming weekend. I think I have what we need to start, but I need to double check. 

A/C went out in my van (we refreshed it this spring, but it's gone again). So, oldest DD will have to squish her stuff into DH's smaller car for our return to Alabama. I was going to just take the van down, but this hot week convinced me otherwise - we NEED A/C for that trip!

@hjffkj any word on the housing viewings yet? Has it been busy?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

Well, I am approved for up to 25 hours at the library now. I'm working 19 this week, and 20 next week. With all of the medical testing and appointments coming up, we'll see how the schedule shakes out after that. 

Very sleepy this morning - we had loud storms and a very terrified cat who wanted to sleep on my face. *sigh*  I thought that would get better after the kids were old enough to not come into my bedroom during storms lol.

I picked up school lunches this morning, and it's the last day for a while f(possibly last day ever? decisions haven't been made yet according to the lady), so we got a little bit of everything as they must've been cleaning out their cupboards. Kids should be happy - they have tons of choices now. 

I have a slew of new face masks coming (I bought a couple, and a generous member here just mailed me some), but I'm saving to get middle DD a filtered mask as she's started volunteering at our local science museum every week. My county and 2 surrounding counties were just placed on the orange CDC list. DD's vaccinated, but with her heart condition, we think Covid would be brutal. 

I have to gather all of the school stuff and see where we stand with it this coming weekend. I think I have what we need to start, but I need to double check. 

A/C went out in my van (we refreshed it this spring, but it's gone again). So, oldest DD will have to squish her stuff into DH's smaller car for our return to Alabama. I was going to just take the van down, but this hot week convinced me otherwise - we NEED A/C for that trip!

@hjffkj any word on the housing viewings yet? Has it been busy?

Yay on the more hours!  I hope you can fit it in with all the apts.  

I am tired too.  The tornado sirens went off in the middle of the night so we will all in the basement at 1 and 2 am.  A possible tornado hit the county next door.  No damage at all at our house.

I so miss the school lunches.  I wish those would come back here.  Yay for all the extras.

Boo on the AC.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Yay on the more hours!  I hope you can fit it in with all the apts.  

I am tired too.  The tornado sirens went off in the middle of the night so we will all in the basement at 1 and 2 am.  A possible tornado hit the county next door.  No damage at all at our house.

I so miss the school lunches.  I wish those would come back here.  Yay for all the extras.

Boo on the AC.

Glad you were spared the tornado!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...