Menu

Solo traveling?

Mrs Tiggywinkle

16 hours ago, PeterPan said:

I think NCL is known for having them, but I'm not sure about their restart.

On the plus side, she can add her cousin later if she realizes she can go.

I know we bought a cruise on NCL for next year going around Hawaiian Islands=== and I am not sure how they do that.  I mean are they American flagged or is the COVID exemption that had to be done for ALaska because of Canadian closure to us also pertain to Hawaii and is for longer or permanent?  

(Foreign flagged shiips, and almost all cruise ships are foreign flagged, had a rule that the ship had to go overseas to another port, I believe, in order to go to another US place.   Somewhere on the journey there used to have to be a foreign stop.)

3 minutes ago, TravelingChris said:

I know we bought a cruise on NCL for next year going around Hawaiian Islands=== and I am not sure how they do that.  I mean are they American flagged or is the COVID exemption that had to be done for ALaska because of Canadian closure to us also pertain to Hawaii and is for longer or permanent?  

(Foreign flagged shiips, and almost all cruise ships are foreign flagged, had a rule that the ship had to go overseas to another port, I believe, in order to go to another US place.   Somewhere on the journey there used to have to be a foreign stop.)

I went on an NCL cruise around the Hawaiian islands about fifteen years ago.  They got around that by traveling to Fanning Island down by the equator where we spent a day and then came back to Hawaii. I don’t know what they do on shorter cruises.

2 hours ago, TravelingChris said:

I know we bought a cruise on NCL for next year going around Hawaiian Islands

If you're making payments, you might delay till it looks like they've actually restarted. NCL is doing odd things with cancelations right now. Not to be too Debby Downer, just saying it seems odd to me. Royal and Carnival are restarting more confidently. I don't think NCL was situated as well to survive this. All of them took on a ton of debt.

Here's NCL's debt to equity ratio https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/NCLH/norwegian-cruise-line-holdings/debt-equity-ratio  vs. Royal's https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/RCL/royal-caribbean-cruises/debt-equity-ratio  vs. Carnival's https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/CCL/carnival/debt-equity-ratio