Menu

I have to say no, again.

DawnM

This is a RAMBLE with no real purpose.   But I couldn't sleep and I am feeling sick and very tired.  

Here is my current state of being, in a nutshell.

• On the one hand, I am working very hard on learning to say no.    It doesn't come easy for me.
  • On the other hand, I am sad to say no to things I love and just can't do.

I wanted to attend our bible study's dinner tonight.   I even signed up.   But yesterday I started to come down with a sore throat and I now officially am not feeling well.   99.9% sure this is "regular run down sick" and not anything else, but I am sad.    I haven't been nearly as involved with my bible study group as I have in the past.   I miss it.

Today I do need to try to get to the post office and exchange dad's stamps.   I got the coolest Star Wars stamps for him to use but he pointed out that most of them have skeletons on them and won't be appropriate for his prayer letter......🤣   I hadn't even noticed.

I have so many things swirling around in my head.   I am having a lot of trouble with my joints and will be going to get tested for arthritis as soon as I can get an appointment.   My dog is taking antibiotics for a UTI but they are causing her to have diarrhea, and she can't make it to the door as it is due to age....so lots of clean up.   And, of course, my dad.   And my foster child.   And my foster child's mother.   And summer school where I have been forced to teach and not counsel as I had been hired to do, and, and, and.....

BTW:   Trial has been moved AGAIN....this is date #4.   Late August now.....and I will have to take a day off of work during the first week of the new school year.   I guess I should count my blessings that I don't have to travel out to the W. Coast for it and can do it virtually, but....

And my relative in TN I have mentioned who is homeless.....you were all correct, drugs and a bad on-going relationship were involved and I didn't know the entire story.   She is now angry at me for "believing the lies" about her.....but they are true.   I am having to take a huge step back from her stuff.....at least there are no children involved.   My house is now TOO full.....😂.

• Sad 24

That is a lot.  I'm holding you in the light.  Your fortitude in your adoption story has been inspiring to me, and this post reminds me how hard you work to keep it all together.  Hoping you can rest and recharge this weekend.

Harpy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Innisfree said:

I'm sorry. That's a lot to deal with.

If you're feeling sick, you need to stay home and rest. Can your dad wait a few days for his stamps? You can order them online from the USPS store.

I need to exchange the ones he has, so I need to take them physically back to the post office.   

2 minutes ago, Innisfree said:

I hope you feel better soon, and the dog does too.

thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Innisfree said:

Ugh. I'm so sorry. You've got a lot on your plate right now.

It's fine.   He comes over once a week to see us and get his food for the week   told him today would be his day and not Sunday this week.   DH will go get him and take him home.    I will just get the post office run in.

• Like 1

You have so much going on right now.  I am so sorry you don't feel good.  Do all the things to feel better and take some naps this weekend.  Can your dh or your older boys go to the post office?  Order new stamps and use the other ones yourself?     I hope you can relax in bed a lot this weekend.

• Like 1

Ugh! I’m so sorry that you are feeling sick on top of everything else! It sounds overwhelming. 😞 

I know you and your dad are vaccinated, but it might be worth wearing a mask when you’re around your him today, just to be 100% safe. If nothing else, it will protect him in case you have one of the other nasty viruses that are going around right now.

Praying that things start to smooth out soon, and that there are no further delays in the trial.

I hope you can get some rest and that you will feel better very soon!!!

• Like 2

Post office said no to the exchange.   She was quite rude about it too.   

I thought later I should have told dad they exchanged them and just bought new ones for him, but I didn't think of that at the time.   I did offer after the fact, but he didn't want me to do it and refused.   It is 200 stamps, so I am not sure what I would have done with 200 stamps, but.....

I contacted the contractor and he said everything EXCEPT the glass for the shower will be done by Friday.   I sure hope so.   Dad will need to come stay with us next weekend for 4 nights and if his room is all done except the glass, he can stay in his room.   He won't have all his stuff, but enough to be ok for a few days.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DawnM said:

Post office said no to the exchange.   She was quite rude about it too.   

I thought later I should have told dad they exchanged them and just bought new ones for him, but I didn't think of that at the time.   I did offer after the fact, but he didn't want me to do it and refused.   It is 200 stamps, so I am not sure what I would have done with 200 stamps, but.....

I contacted the contractor and he said everything EXCEPT the glass for the shower will be done by Friday.   I sure hope so.   Dad will need to come stay with us next weekend for 4 nights and if his room is all done except the glass, he can stay in his room.   He won't have all his stuff, but enough to be ok for a few days.

Can you try a different Post office? Because that sounds mean and wrong.

3 hours ago, fairfarmhand said:

Can you try a different Post office? Because that sounds mean and wrong.

I don't know, and I don't have the energy to go the 20 miles R/T to get the stamps back from Dad and try to find one that will take them back around my work schedule.