Menu

World history audio versions suggestions?

Kezia

We just finished the entire SOTW audio set. My kid loved listening to the story in the car. He has a huge interest in history in general and would love to start another audio based series. 

We both enjoyed the easy narrative format of SOTW. Any suggestions for another fun round of world history?

13 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

Is this the new or old version?

I don't know. I hadn't heard of different versions but I just checked audible where I bought it, someone left a disappointed review saying it's been edited.

How old are your kids now?  I know of some good history podcasts, but they are aimed a little older than Story of the World.   The History of Rome podcast by Mike Duncan is amazing, and is something that would get you through quite a few car trips.   I also love Stuff You Missed in History.   But in both cases it might not work for younger kids. 

On 7/4/2021 at 2:12 PM, goldenecho said:

How old are your kids now?  I know of some good history podcasts, but they are aimed a little older than Story of the World.   The History of Rome podcast by Mike Duncan is amazing, and is something that would get you through quite a few car trips.   I also love Stuff You Missed in History.   But in both cases it might not work for younger kids. 

I have one student who is 10.5 now. 

On 7/7/2021 at 8:29 AM, Kezia said:

I have one student who is 10.5 now. 

At 10 History of Rome would probably be a little long winded for him, unless he's just really interested in Rome.  Stuff You Missed in History Class he might like though and I think the content would generally be fine (sex is mentioned but I don't remember anything explicit...same for violence.   But then I haven't listened to every single episode). 

• Like 1