Menu

Dave Ramsey Personal Finance - which version?

We used the homeschool set as the streaming wasn't an option when I bought it. I don't know if I'd prefer the streaming or not ... maybe? The pdf's in the homeschool set were kind of clunky to figure out which ones to use, so if the streaming set up improved those then I'd definitely consider it.

• Like 1

I haven't used it yet but did look at the two earlier this year. I'm still not sold on completely computer-based curriculum. (Seems like every time we try it, we end up hating it, finding it difficult to use, etc., then end up dumping it.) I don't like not having books in hand. I also don't like not having access to quizzes and tests. I feel like online quizzes can feel too much like a game. (And, I have no way to know whether the questions are fair or confusing.) I know that computer-based tests are going to be a fact of life for DD, but I abhor them for so many reasons. I wish I could get this particular class with the book and tests materials in hand but the videos in streaming format.

• Like 1

We did the high school version with the dvd and book, and also the entrepreneur version by streaming only. Both ds and I vastly preferred the book/dvd combo. It was laid out nicely where you knew exactly what the video lesson was and what workbook pages went with it. It also made it easy for me to read and discuss with him. But with the streaming version, ds seemed to have a hard time determining where the daily lessons started and ended. And obviously no workbook pages to work on/discuss. It just didn’t seem as good to us. 

Edited by mmasc
Clarification
  • Like 3