Menu

An edition of what the heck happened here

saraha

image.thumb.jpeg.2f985622587d8a15c91045256c217adc.jpegI got my calphalon pot out and it looked like this. It already didn’t sit flat on the stove (nobody knows why) and now it looks like this and everyone has no idea what happened 🙄

Edited by saraha
Can’t spell
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 2

My pot looks like that, too!  Mine isn't cephalon, and it's only damaged on one side, but yes, this is happened here too.  I think it either fell out of the cabinet when it wasn't put away correctly or someone dropped it.

Edited by Junie
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tanaqui said:

Huh. That's certainly... huh.

Right?!? Nobody knows, it didn’t look like that last time they saw it…

before this, I got it out one time and it didn’t sit flat anymore. I have no idea why that would happen either 🤷🏼‍♀️

1 hour ago, saraha said:

Right?!? Nobody knows, it didn’t look like that last time they saw it…

before this, I got it out one time and it didn’t sit flat anymore. I have no idea why that would happen either 🤷🏼‍♀️

This is the same at my house.  Nobody every knows what or how something happened.  That is odd. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Emba said:

My house is absolutely infested by Not-Me! If I could get my hands on him (or her). . .

Does anyone remember those old Family Circle comics in this vein? (I’m dating myself.) I used to think the Mr. nobody and not me ones were hilarious when I was a kid.

• Like 3

Probably not the issue, but I once had a bubble appearance on the bottom of a pot.  I stupidly used it again and it blew up!  There were hairline cracks where the layers of the bottom were.  Water got in-  let's just say steam is powerful!  Sounded like a gunshot, blew the whole bottom layers apart.  Never use a pot that has warped!  As painful as it is, I would throw that pot away.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bluemongoose said:

Can't very hot pans get warped if put in cold water? Seems like I read that somewhere....

This would be my best guess, but even still... wow!

I once thought I was a genius for taking my (cheap) grilled cheese pan and immediately running it under hot water to wash, cold water to rinse and cool, and putting it away right away.  
That pan is now dead.  But it didn’t get quite THAT warped!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KSera said:

Does anyone remember those old Family Circle comics in this vein? (I’m dating myself.) I used to think the Mr. nobody and not me ones were hilarious when I was a kid.

There was a little ghost kid in the panel right? I think I remember those 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BusyMom5 said:

Probably not the issue, but I once had a bubble appearance on the bottom of a pot.  I stupidly used it again and it blew up!  There were hairline cracks where the layers of the bottom were.  Water got in-  let's just say steam is powerful!  Sounded like a gunshot, blew the whole bottom layers apart.  Never use a pot that has warped!  As painful as it is, I would throw that pot away.

Oh wow.  I hope you didn't get hurt at all.  Good warning that I am putting into my mind.  Thanks

• Like 1

Calphalon - the heavy kind - is known to warp if you run cold water in it while it’s still hot.  Not that that stopped me, or anything. 🤣 One of my mothers did not approve, but hey, I don’t iron the sheets either. 

I did continue to use our warped bottom calphalon, though now I’m thinking that was a bad idea!  Note to self: listen to your mothers!

Could someone have dropped the pot while it was hot?