Menu

Lovely book--CC

Jaybee

I'm not quite finished with it, but last week I ordered Prayer in the Night by Tish Harrison Warren https://www.amazon.com/Prayer-Night-Those-Work-Watch/dp/0830846794/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1W18HOYVSPRGU&dchild=1&keywords=prayer+in+the+night+by+tish+harrison+warren&qid=1624328603&sprefix=prayer+in%2Caps%2C201&sr=8-1

What a deeply beautiful book. Her words are so calming in these days of stridency. The author is an Anglican priest (I am evangelical). So many of you keep coming to mind as I read it, because I think it is something that would speak to you as it has been/is speaking to me. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, marbel said:

I am in the midst of reading another of her books, Liturgy of the Ordinary. I love it! I have this one on my list as well. 

Yes, that one is on my wish list now.

Also--grounding. That's the word I was really looking for. I found it grounding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-rap said:

Would you recommend this to someone in the midst of a deep depression who is deeply committed to her faith and artistic beauty?  Thinking of getting it for a friend.  (Thanks for the rec!)

Yes, I definitely would. It touched something deep within me. I'm planning on giving it to a friend who is struggling with some very difficult circumstances. The author is not prone to pat answers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaybee said:

Yes, I definitely would. It touched something deep within me. I'm planning on giving it to a friend who is struggling with some very difficult circumstances. The author is not prone to pat answers.

That sounds perfect.  Thank you.

• Like 1