Menu

Reusable gift bags that stand up

MercyA

I bought my dad a bunch of edible goodies from Dollar Tree for Father's Day. I found a cute little reusable tote bag with handles to use instead of a standard gift bag. I like that it stands up, unlike most reusable fabric bags.

I'm wondering if there is something similar out there in kids' prints (unicorns, rainbows, dinosaurs, etc.). Most of the kids' ones at Dollar Tree were branded with tv and movie characters. 

Bonus for recycled / upcycled materials!

I looked on Amazon and Etsy, but most of the bags I'm seeing either don't stand up or don't come in a good medium size (smaller than a grocery tote, but larger than a favor-type bag).

Thanks! 🙂 

hmmmm.....Doller Tree usually has a lot like that! I was at a DT today buying a gift bag, and thier wall was pretty picked over. Maybe there is a shortage of gift bags right now? Either pandemic shortage.....or that so many people are finally doing parties, they are running out?

Pretty much any store that has cards will have bags, but the selection will be lacking compared to DT.  Maybe try a party store instead like Party City?

Stores like Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross are good for bags too, but very hit and miss.

Edited by Tap
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Tap said:

hmmmm.....Dollar Tree usually has a lot like that! I was at a DT today buying a gift bag, and their wall was pretty picked over.

These were in the reusable shopping bag / tote bag section rather than in the gift bag section. They weren't made of paper, but of a kind of synthetic poly material, I would guess. More durable than the paper ones, although I do reuse those, too!

• Like 1

Oh, I understand now. I obviously didn't catch, that you wanted a poly-style reusable bag. I don't really think about kids reusing, kid themed bags. They probably exist, but more likely in a polkadot/stripe print that an adult woman may carry. 

• Like 1

Sure, I see these all these . . . but of course rarely make note of it when I do see them, lol. 

I do, however, remember that Tthe post office has cool T Rex ones made of 100% recycled materials: T Rex small tote bag

I'm seeing some at Amazon,  these are unicorns  but the same people have llamas, outer space, sharks, all kinds of things, 7" tall. Or shiny, shimmery bags at 9" tall

Edited by katilac
  • Thanks 1