Menu

What do you switch to after Mcruffy or CLE math?

12 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

My youngest did McRuffy k-5, then switched to CLE. She'll be starting CLE Algebra I in the fall. 

Thanks for your reply!!!! Was it a pretty seamless transition? Was the switch from Mcruffy 5 right into CLE grade 6?

35 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

Yes, she did McRuffy 5, then CLE 6. It was pretty easy. I let her get behind due to some health issues, but she worked at it, and made it through to Algebra with little problem. 

She really likes CLE - I have Teaching Textbooks as well as Saxon Algebra, and she preferred to continue with CLE. 

Im glad it was a pretty seamless transition. I had my daughter do Saxon K and Saxon 1 but now I am starting to look into different options. I love scripted programs which made me pick Saxon but the lessons get to be too long at times and my daughter is very artistic and would appreciate some color and finds Saxon to be pretty dull even though she hasn't really struggled at all. I think sticking with an incremental spiral type program would benefit her. So I was looking into Mcruffy and CLE. I printed off the first 5 lesson samples of Mcruffy and the first day we got done with lesson 1 and she actually asked if we can do do more and do lesson 2. She would have never said that with Saxon. And I also just bought the first workbook from CLE which was extremely cheap. I know it is not as colorful, but I am going to dabble in the two programs over the summer to see how she takes to both and then we can decide if we will stick with Saxon or change to Mcruffy or CLE. I wish they made a colorful version of Saxon lol.

Thank you for replying, this forum is so very helpful!

31 minutes ago, scarlethand said:

Im glad it was a pretty seamless transition. I had my daughter do Saxon K and Saxon 1 but now I am starting to look into different options. I love scripted programs which made me pick Saxon but the lessons get to be too long at times and my daughter is very artistic and would appreciate some color and finds Saxon to be pretty dull even though she hasn't really struggled at all. I think sticking with an incremental spiral type program would benefit her. So I was looking into Mcruffy and CLE. I printed off the first 5 lesson samples of Mcruffy and the first day we got done with lesson 1 and she actually asked if we can do do more and do lesson 2. She would have never said that with Saxon. And I also just bought the first workbook from CLE which was extremely cheap. I know it is not as colorful, but I am going to dabble in the two programs over the summer to see how she takes to both and then we can decide if we will stick with Saxon or change to Mcruffy or CLE. I wish they made a colorful version of Saxon lol.

Thank you for replying, this forum is so very helpful!

Just a note that Saxon Math 54 and up is not.a.thing. like the primary math, so it would be something to consider in a few years. 🙂

We used CLE Math from grades 4-8. (We switched from Singapore.) We will be using their new Algebra I book this year for 9th grade. It's been pretty great for us. I think DD has only gotten 3-4 Bs on quizzes/tests the whole way through. The rest were As. We personally liked the workbook setup. There's no workbook for Algebra, but it appears to have a familiar cadence to it, so I don't anticipate problems.