Menu

We got a closing date!

Mrs Tiggywinkle

This house buying has been a ridiculous comedy of errors.  It would make a good tragic comedy. No romance involved lol.

But after much wrangling and harassing the seller’s lawyers and the bank lawyers, doing our own legwork to get a shared driveway agreement(our driveway is actually on the farm next door) and other assorted nonsense—we are closing next Friday.

This move has been 11 years in the making, and it’s exactly what we need.  I am so excited.

• Like 28

Congratulations.

when you make it into a romantic comedy movie, maybe the bank lawyer and seller lawyer can fall in love after being adversaries at the start of the movie.

Or, maybe you can age your kids and your daughter & the neighbor kid fall in love, which makes the shared driveway agreement work.

Seriously, I’m very happy that you will have a new, perfect house soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kassia said:

Congratulations!  11 years is a very long time!  

We bought this house cheap in 2010, mostly because the first house we tried to buy fell through and I was about to have a baby that wouldn’t fit anywhere in our tiny apartment.  DH promised in three years we’d have it all remodeled and sell.

But then 3 kids in 4.5 years happened and a million other things, and the house remodel took much longer than expected.  It’s still ongoing lol but we can swing both mortgages and had a large amount of savings to put down.  There’s some painting and cosmetic stuff to do in the new house, but it’s a prime location and the ranch style floor plan we really wanted.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

We bought this house cheap in 2010, mostly because the first house we tried to buy fell through and I was about to have a baby that wouldn’t fit anywhere in our tiny apartment.  DH promised in three years we’d have it all remodeled and sell.

But then 3 kids in 4.5 years happened and a million other things, and the house remodel took much longer than expected.  It’s still ongoing lol but we can swing both mortgages and had a large amount of savings to put down.  There’s some painting and cosmetic stuff to do in the new house, but it’s a prime location and the ranch style floor plan we really wanted.

Hope you are so happy there!  🙂

2 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

New houses are great for new beginnings.  What are you going to do with the old house?  Continue to remodel it fully and sell or rent it out?

20 hours ago, Scarlett said:

New houses are great for new beginnings.  What are you going to do with the old house?  Continue to remodel it fully and sell or rent it out?

We haven’t decided.  It’s worth 2.5 times what we paid on it and over 3 times what we owe, and honestly if we sold it the equity would pay off the small mortgage we took out on the new house.

On the other hand, the rental value is 2.5 times our mortgage on it.  I hated the house and location, but I grudgingly admit my husband was right and it was a good investment.

• Like 2