Menu

Tackling Wednesday

mom31257

We are headed north to get a PO Box in our new town and to take care of some other business. I will be so glad the move will mean not having to deal with Atlanta traffic anymore! 

After we’re back home, packing and church tonight will be on the agenda. 

Hope everyone has a great day!! 

• Like 5

Wednesday!

Make paper ribbons for the AHG ceremony
Help Liv & Cate knit
Teach Sarah to read a pattern
Garden with girls for the first hour
Create a PowerPoint Slide Show with a voice over for the ceremony

Think of something for dinner?
Trek to the basement for another shower... two weeks away from bathroom completion!!

**They are TILING today!
(((Swoon)))

• Like 5

Good morning!! Hope everyone has a blessed and productive day. This is what I hope to get done:

Clean the bathrooms-done

Clean the floors

Clean and prepare wall then put the primer on

Church

Store for wheat bread and eggs

Dust the furniture-done

Get the clean sheets on the beds

Decorate with the cute 4th of July stuff I got yesterday at Hobby Lobby-done

Continue cutting out laminated things for my classroom

Call a friend

Dinner is pork chops, potatoes, and fried squash

Weed-it's so hot and I didn't go out early

Edited by math teacher
update
  • Like 4

Such a busy weekend helping dd and her new dh with their interstate move. Tons of work and so glad to help her get started. Now back to my own life. I have a walk scheduled with a friend and a work project due by Monday. My life will be consumed with meeting that deadline this week. Let the games begin.

• Like 4

Good morning! My day today:

....coffee
....put away the clean laundry (half done)
....go pick up supply fees/registration forms, turn in DS's 
...back home, eat breakfast/lunch
...pick up friend, head down to Grandma's art gallery for a visit
....back home, figure out binding for the table topper (I finished quilting it yesterday, got it trimmed, etc.)
....figure out dinner (plan NOW, so I can cook when home)
....put binding on while DH takes DS to church
...pick up DS from church, come home, veg out 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheReader said:

Good morning! My day today:

....coffee
....put away the clean laundry (half done)
....go pick up supply fees/registration forms, turn in DS's 
...back home, eat breakfast/lunch
...pick up friend, head down to Grandma's art gallery for a visit
....back home, figure out binding for the table topper (I finished quilting it yesterday, got it trimmed, etc.)
....figure out dinner (plan NOW, so I can cook when home)
....put binding on while DH takes DS to church
...pick up DS from church, come home, veg out 

Friend messaged, tweaked our plans, but now that means I can pick her up, drop off/pick up the registrations, eat lunch, head out to my grandma's all in one trip vs. two, so that is good

So now the list is:
...coffee (done)
...put away the clean laundry
....pick up friend, pick up registrations, eat lunch, go to Grandma's 
....once home, bind table topper
....cook dinner (came up with a plan - spinach feta sausage, pasta, tomatoes, spinach, etc)
...pick up DS from church (DH drives him), veg out

• Like 2

Home from my visit with my friend -- we had so much fun! 

Entered all the info from the registrations I picked up, etc. and remembered to drop off ours for DS's class next year

Put away all of mine/DH's laundry, kids' stuff needs to go up for them to do theirs

DH and I are deciding between my dinner plan (pasta w/sausage & veggies) or his (biscuits and gravy); the other will be tomorrow, so it's a coin toss

• Like 1

@BlsdMama, I hope you really like your new bathroom! 

@math teacher, how do you cook pork chops? I just can't seem to make myself love them. 

@Harriet Vane, good luck with meeting your deadline! 

@TheReader, so glad you had fun with your friend. 

So get ready to cry with me!  One errand today was to rent a post office box in the town we're moving (where my parents are from). I was able to rent the post office box that was used by my grandparents and my great-grandparents! It was in our family for over 75 years. They still had the same old key, too! I literally walked out, opened the box, and cried! This move is bittersweet, but God has given us such little blessings along the way. Today was my favorite! 

We are home and starting back packing. Please pray we find help to move everything into storage 2+ hours away on Wednesday. Ds works for Chick-Fil-A, and they won't let him off. He just had this week off for camp, but we're pretty frustrated. People on his shifts aren't very nice and willing to swap, either. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mom31257 said:

@BlsdMama, I hope you really like your new bathroom! 

@math teacher, how do you cook pork chops? I just can't seem to make myself love them. 

@Harriet Vane, good luck with meeting your deadline! 

@TheReader, so glad you had fun with your friend. 

So get ready to cry with me!  One errand today was to rent a post office box in the town we're moving (where my parents are from). I was able to rent the post office box that was used by my grandparents and my great-grandparents! It was in our family for over 75 years. They still had the same old key, too! I literally walked out, opened the box, and cried! This move is bittersweet, but God has given us such little blessings along the way. Today was my favorite! 

We are home and starting back packing. Please pray we find help to move everything into storage 2+ hours away on Wednesday. Ds works for Chick-Fil-A, and they won't let him off. He just had this week off for camp, but we're pretty frustrated. People on his shifts aren't very nice and willing to swap, either. 

I am astounded that your poor dh is having a hard time getting the time off he needs. Poor guy and poor family! Grrr...

So wonderful that you get to keep the same post office box! A blessing in the intensity.

• Like 1

@mom31257These are cut thin from a pork loin I bought, so they are boneless and probably less than  a quarter inch thick. I mix one egg and a little milk. To this I add Toney's seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. Once the meat has thawed and it's an hour or less til time to cook them, I put the chops in the milk mixture. To plain flour, I add the same three seasonings. In a non stick skillet, I heat olive oil or butter. I don't know how hot I get it, I just hold my hand over it and if it seems hot, I dip the chops into the flour mixture and put into hot oil. Don't over crowd. Turn them when they are brown on one side and brown the other.  My family also likes them cut into strips like chicken strips, more crispy batter. In fact, I cook chicken breast tenders the same way. Dh will eat a casserole and cookie sheet meal, but he also likes fried meat sometimes.

• Thanks 2

• Morning pup stuff.
  • Washed dishes.
  • Took out the garbage.
  • Sent out a client report.
  • Drove kids to day camp.
  • More client work.
  • Started a new audiobook with the kids.
  • Kid1 to trumpet lesson.
  • Kid2 to horse riding.
  • Panera for dinner.
  • Investigated Amazon delivery problem & got it resolved (I hope).
  • Walked the pup.
  • Cleaned out the van.
  • Transferred stuff from my car to the van for tomorrow.
  • More kitchen cleaning.
  • Pup to bed.
  • Kids to bed.
  • I have some reports to send out before I can go to bed.
  • Like 1