Menu

Tackling Tuesday Together

mom31257

Good morning! We're still waiting...   Last we heard from our realtor late yesterday afternoon was their agent needed to get their signatures. I hope we get it today!

If we do, we may take off and head up there. Dh needs to sign his new contract. We'll get a post office box there, too. I could never get them on the phone to ask if someone else can rent a box in our name. 

If we don't go: 

• meals
  • pay bills/update checking
  • pack some non-essentials
  • get a plan together for my classes (may need to delay first day to give us move in time) 
  • watch my series
  • play a game or two
  • Like 3

My day today:

....coffee
....message a friend and see about taking her to my grandma's gallery this week (so, today, tomorrow, or Friday)
....finish quilting the table runner
....put away the clean laundry
....lunch -- I think we have a mix of leftovers to choose from
....dinner -- come up with a plan???
....after dinner -- I think Tues is Lego Masters night
....depending how long the quilting takes, work on some other area of productivity

• Like 3

Good morning everyone!! My plan for today:

More coffee-done

Fold and put away laundry-done

Put away some clutter

Get some things into the car to take to my classroom-done

Start working on the second wall in my bedroom

Some shredding-done

Weed as much as I can

Maybe plant some sunflowers

Take back a top to Cato that my mom didn't like-only have 6 days and I bought it Saturday

Lunch is salad. Dinner is Green Enchilada Chicken Zucchini Boats

Maybe go to Hobby Lobby

I hope everyone has a great day and accomplishes all you plan!!

Edited by math teacher
update
  • Like 3

@TheReader, this is on the house we are buying. We have a contingency to close on ours, which was scheduled for July 1st. They want a kick-out clause because they are concerned something will happen and ours won't close before they need to in August. We accepted their counter and moved up our closing to next Thursday. It's a cash offer, so they can. 

So we are going to start packing today. We will go up tomorrow and get a post office box there. 

The next few weeks of our lives will be a summer to remember. I'm calling it the Sojourner Summer since we'll be homeless for about 7 weeks. We'll try to move around and not wear out our welcome with family and friends. I love to cook, so I'll offer my services while we're there! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mom31257 said:

@TheReader, this is on the house we are buying. We have a contingency to close on ours, which was scheduled for July 1st. They want a kick-out clause because they are concerned something will happen and ours won't close before they need to in August. We accepted their counter and moved up our closing to next Thursday. It's a cash offer, so they can. 

So we are going to start packing today. We will go up tomorrow and get a post office box there. 

The next few weeks of our lives will be a summer to remember. I'm calling it the Sojourner Summer since we'll be homeless for about 7 weeks. We'll try to move around and not wear out our welcome with family and friends. I love to cook, so I'll offer my services while we're there! 

Our good friends did that (stayed with family/friends/etc while between closings). Praying it all goes well, and the sojourning is not too stressful. 

• Thanks 1

Ate some food

Researched the Billy the Kid sites so I could map out which ones we can/can't visit on our vacation coming up

Researched generators, portable A/C units, etc., and sent links to DH so we can figure out a workable "let's not die in the heat" plan if we have a power outage this summer, either due to a hurricane or ERCOT failing again (they have already asked Texans to conserve energy this week....the first hot week of the summer.....??????)

Researched quilting ideas, think I have a plan, so heading up now to go quilt

• Like 2

Happy Tuesday!

The "highlight" of the day so far was that Kid2 decided to bring home 2 fetal pig heads from their dissections.  She even named them.  I tried to prevent her from bringing them into my car, but she is too big and hard-headed.  She just had to show the aunties and gross them out.  😕  Yay for Jr Medical Camp!

Done:

• Morning pup stuff.
  • Kids off to day camp.
  • Kid realized upon arriving that she had left the main part of her lunch in our microwave at home.  She talked me into buying her something at a grocery store and bringing it to the camp.  So there went probably 45 minutes.
  • Stopped for a free car wash since I was driving past it anyway.  (Coupon received from the car servicer yesterday.)
  • Got some client work done.
  • Quarterly tax payment mailed.
  • Drove kids home from camp.  That took 1.5 hours thanks to some accidents on the "freeway."
  • Grabbed the mail, which was all junk, so into the recycle bin it went.
  • 1 load of laundry.
  • Kid1 to soccer practice.

To do:

• A bunch more client work.
  • Pick up the kid from soccer.
  • Make sure the kids eat something and take a shower.
  • Walk the pup, and later, put him to bed.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 3